Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I'm guessing this doesn't work unless you're actually there... not working now, it just refreshes the tip board and stays at the top. Wish I could practice ahead of time!
not it should work anywhere. It works for me, and I am at home.

not it should work anywhere. It works for me, and I am at home.
I'm at home and it doesn't work that way for me. I'm on an android phone. Maybe that makes a difference?

When I click on the attraction, then click on the blue LL, it just refreshes the attraction list with the same attractions pinned at the top. The only way to see that single attraction at the top is to edit my selections to include only that one attraction.

I'm at home and it doesn't work that way for me. I'm on an android phone. Maybe that makes a difference?

When I click on the attraction, then click on the blue LL, it just refreshes the attraction list with the same attractions pinned at the top. The only way to see that single attraction at the top is to edit my selections to include only that one attraction.

I suppose different phones could work differently. It works on my iPhone at home.

I can't pin any attractions to the top, but it takes me right back to the same attraction that I was on, even though that attraction isn't pinned at the top.

Same here, also on an Android.

I'm not usually up before 7:30 Eastern time, but here's something mildly interesting that I have observed twice in the 7:00 to 7:30 am Eastern time frame:

I couldn't see return times from 7:00 to 7:16, but suddenly at about 7:16 or 7:17, the times appeared on the Tip Board. I'm wondering if this is typical (vs. times not appearing until 7:30, which is what the Disney "enhancement" announced it would be).

I'm wondering how thrill data is still getting their return time data between 7-7:30am with the tip board not showing return times? 🤔

I'm not usually up before 7:30 Eastern time, but here's something mildly interesting that I have observed twice in the 7:00 to 7:30 am Eastern time frame:

I couldn't see return times from 7:00 to 7:16, but suddenly at about 7:16 or 7:17, the times appeared on the Tip Board. I'm wondering if this is typical (vs. times not appearing until 7:30, which is what the Disney "enhancement" announced it would be).
Yes, I have seen the same. It seems like they shortened the 7-7:30 no times displayed window to 7:15.

Checking if there has been any update to the previous glitch for purchasing Genie+ day by day when your family has a combo of non-expiring tickets (or annual pass) and a family member that already has a new ticket with Genie+ added for all their days?

Four of us have non-expiring tickets or complimentary tickets and my one son I had to purchase a new ticket for this trip. I purchased him a ticket with Genie+ added which I guess was not a good move because I read it may cause a glitch when trying to purchase Genie+ day by day now for the rest of us.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed recently and been able to now purchase Genie+ for the non-expiring tickets/annual pass without an issue? Or I will have to call?

Also just to check, for my family members that have complimentary tickets for one out of their 3 park days, I can add Genie+ for them also, yes?

:thanks:

Any tricks to getting a morning return time for Slinky Dog Dash? If the return times by 7:05am are already 7pm and we plan to leave DHS around 4p, should I even bother? Just try to get there early instead?

Any tricks to getting a morning return time for Slinky Dog Dash? If the return times by 7:05am are already 7pm and we plan to leave DHS around 4p, should I even bother? Just try to get there early instead?

If you go for it right at 7am, you should be able to get a LL time earlier than 4pm.

If you go for it right at 7am, you should be able to get a LL time earlier than 4pm.
Okay, I think I will try first for SDD LL, then RotR $LL, and then GotG $LL. We can always try for GotG later on. My family is NOT helpful when it comes to these things, by the time they book one I could have booked all of them lol.

Okay, I think I will try first for SDD LL, then RotR $LL, and then GotG $LL. We can always try for GotG later on. My family is NOT helpful when it comes to these things, by the time they book one I could have booked all of them lol.
That's what I'd do. With RotR, if you initially select a time that is before 4pm and are bumped to a later time by the time your payment processes, guest services will probably be willing to adjust the time for you (at least, that's what I've read.) But that doesn't apply to any Genie+ ride since you're not choosing a specific time to start with, it's just first available.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the best Genie+ strategy at MK with a 2-3p park arrival? I know I should start booking at 7am and stacking throughout the day but I’d love to see an itinerary of which order to go in (like many sites have done for RD days).

Can anyone point me in the direction of the best Genie+ strategy at MK with a 2-3p park arrival? I know I should start booking at 7am and stacking throughout the day but I’d love to see an itinerary of which order to go in (like many sites have done for RD days).

If you want to do both Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise, I would recommend getting one of them at 7:00 and the other one at 11:00 (when you are eligible to book your second LL).

Those are the two that will "sell out" earliest in the day (apart from Meet Mickey which will "sell out" even earlier than both PP and JC, so if you want to get an LL for it, it's the one to get at 7:00 am).

Anyone having issues seeing the price of the ILL on the tipboard? Mine is cut off - all I see is purchase...
Thanks!

I’m a little annoyed with the No times to select for ILL from 7-730 (or 715). Can anyone confirm you can see the time before purchase?

I have some days where I am parking hoping but not till day 5/6 and don’t want to get a default time of 2….

I don’t love I can’t select the time at 7, or am I missing something?

Todays MDE update had a few changes to Genie. The one below looks annoying for people park hopping.

Also reading you no longer can see or get the time for your next LL you'll need to manual track it. Ex. You used to be able to try to book a new one and it was say you need to wait till x:xx...now just say not yet available.

I don't like these changes.

EDIT* posted on WDWMAGIC Update: The no next available time is a bug (which is why it is intermittent). Should probably be fixed soonish. And the "fix" may not be what you expect...stay tuned.

Last edited:
Todayy MDE update had a few changes to Genie. The one below looks annoying for people park hopping.

Also reading you no longer can see or get the time for your next LL you'll need to manual track it. Ex. You used to be able to try to book a new one and it was say you need to wait till x:xx...now just say no yet available.

I don't like these changes.
They keep finding ways to make it less user-friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter