Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

Yes, I read the first post, but it didn't really address the crowd level to expect. I arrived at the bus stop 2 hours early, waited, waited, and waited. I know for certain I was on the very first bus that left from my resort. I was still pretty far back in a large pack of people, and once they started letting the crowds into the queue and forming the line, the CM said the line from the point where I was would be over 2 hours. I'm more looking to understand what sort of waits to expect with ETPE at the major headliners everyone is heading toward. It would seem a waste of ETPE time to spend it all in line for one ride.
I agree! It seems that you have just as much of a wait as if you got there with everyone else. I have to talk to my daughter about this for sure. She's a Disney Vet and would have the best strategy. Right now I'm thinking I'm going to try and get on my favorites at the end of the night instead of ETPE.

When I was last there Jan 2020, I was on the first bus that left from my resort, but when I arrived at the park I was already fairly far back in the rope drop crowd. I'm not sure if our buses started late, but usually being on the first bus would put me less than a dozen people back from the turnstiles (or whatever we're calling the tap in point now). The FoP line was easily 2 hours at that point and I decided to make better use of my rope drop time since I had a FP+ booked for FoP. Is this still the case for rope drop? Is it still a massive crowd that makes it pointless to try unless you are at the very front of rope drop?

I can’t help with when to get to the bus stop, but I do feel rope drop keeps getting more and more crowded. When I first started doing it in 2016 to now when we went in 2022 is a big difference. Although for us getting to the line about a half hour before open three different days at HS got us on sdd two days and tot once first thing without much of a wait. One sdd day we got there maybe 20 minutes early instead of 30 and waited about 25 minutes instead of the five we waited the day before when we got there 5-10 minutes earlier. Not sure what rotr was like as we figured we’d just pay for it one day and get more rides done early.

My thoughts would be if you are towards the front of the rope drop crowd head to the ride that most people would be heading to (in this case FOP). If you’re back a little further I’d go get a few other rides done and try for the headliner near closing or if it happens to hit a slower point mid day.

Do we know when they start letting people through security on the walkway from GF? Assuming official park open of 9:00, with ETPE of 8:30

Hi. I was wondering if someone could explain to me the early hours at the parks. We will be staying at Beach Club. I know it says the park opens 30 minutes early but in reality what time do they open? What time should you get to the gate? Is it a rolling entry? How do the decipher between the guests that have access and don't? I would assume the crowds are a mess in the morning. any insight would be appreciated. TIA

So for instance, lets say the park opens at 9 am for everyone, onsite Disney guests can start riding certain rides at 8:30, there are usually a good amount of rides that are up and running for early entry. I believe they let you in the park through the turnstiles as early as an hour before general opening. Once through the turnstiles, they hold onsite guests at certain locations at each park until early entry time and then it's a go for early entry guests to ride. They know who is staying onsite because you have to tap at the park entry with your magic bands it will turn green to go as your are an onsite guest. So if you want to take advantage of early entry I would say get to the park entrance turnstiles about 30 mins prior to early entry time, that always works for us.

Hi. I was wondering if someone could explain to me the early hours at the parks. We will be staying at Beach Club. I know it says the park opens 30 minutes early but in reality what time do they open? What time should you get to the gate? Is it a rolling entry? How do the decipher between the guests that have access and don't? I would assume the crowds are a mess in the morning. any insight would be appreciated. TIA
Post 1 of this thread explains a lot of different information that will assist you in making the most of your ETPE.

We went to HS three times in March for ee. Each time they opened the taps at 730 for an 8 ee opening (830 for regular park). They had most lines for ee, one to the absolute far right for regular (offsite) guests. You scanned your card/band before going to the tapstyles to show you were eligible. Then you continued in that line through the taps. After that you went to whichever ride you wanted, where you waited until ee opening to ride. I’ve read some rides operate early but for us sdd twice and tower or terror/rockin rollercoaster didn’t begin early.

We didn’t go to any of the other parks for ee so not sure of their procedures. The posts on the first couple posts don’t say where to line up (well they didn’t on March, they may now they just said dedicated lines) so that was my worry, being in the wrong line. I think it would be helpful if they said where (like in HS all lines except the very far right when facing the entrance). But it’s pretty well marked, and there are cms all over so we asked to be safe our first day.

I'm sure this has been addressed many times, and if so, sorry! But, I can't find a definitive answer for my question. It has been 4 years since we have done a full 4 park blow out vacation at the DW, and we are excited for our FW stay in 3 weeks. My question seems pretty basic. Our confirmed reservation begins on Sunday, August 21. We will already be in Orlando staying at a hotel on Saturday, the 20th. (not a Disney property or good neighbor hotel) We have a AK reservation and want to go directly there early that morning and not check in at FW. We have done the on line check in already. So, here goes. Are we still eligible for Early Entry, and complimentary theme park parking even though we have "physically" checked into the Fort? I have been told it is all linked in our My Disney Experience app, and it is, but does that give us access to Early Entry and Parking? LOL Thanks in advance for any all advice. There have been SO MANY changes since we last were down there, and I just want to use the system to our best benefit. Thanks again!

I'm sure this has been addressed many times, and if so, sorry! But, I can't find a definitive answer for my question. It has been 4 years since we have done a full 4 park blow out vacation at the DW, and we are excited for our FW stay in 3 weeks. My question seems pretty basic. Our confirmed reservation begins on Sunday, August 21. We will already be in Orlando staying at a hotel on Saturday, the 20th. (not a Disney property or good neighbor hotel) We have a AK reservation and want to go directly there early that morning and not check in at FW. We have done the on line check in already. So, here goes. Are we still eligible for Early Entry, and complimentary theme park parking even though we have "physically" checked into the Fort? I have been told it is all linked in our My Disney Experience app, and it is, but does that give us access to Early Entry and Parking? LOL Thanks in advance for any all advice. There have been SO MANY changes since we last were down there, and I just want to use the system to our best benefit. Thanks again!
Yes you can use early entry and parking benefits the morning of check-in before you go to the resort.

Thanks mikalkwin! I guess the follow question would be, how does that work at the gate at the AK parking lot? Is it as simple as using our Magic Band or do we need to be able to show them our confirmation number?

Thanks mikalkwin! I guess the follow question would be, how does that work at the gate at the AK parking lot? Is it as simple as using our Magic Band or do we need to be able to show them our confirmation number?
They can scan your MB. Being the worrywart that I am, I’d probably have the confirmation handy to show them and be happy not to need it.

Have a great trip!!

Your question has been merged with the 'Everything Early Theme Park Entry' thread. A lot of helpful information in post 1.

My apologies if this has been asked - are Minnie Vans permitted into the Magic Kingdom bus area if I want to get there early for ETPE? I'm trying to avoid the TTC. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter