Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Accident, Dec 23, 2016.

1. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

Any pictures/videos taken in the last year should reappear in your Disney PhotoPass account. No waiting period.

Not sure if the 1day MM is discountable.

2. Realfoodfans

Realfoodfans DIS Veteran

We have free Memory Maker as part of our package. We are less than 7 weeks to our trip but it still isn't showing in MDE. Do I need to contact technical support or am I right in thinking it should show after we arrive ?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

@Auntie_Maim I assure you, you're at least the 2nd least photogenic person in the world, after me, lol. The good thing about PP is they take so many pics, there is bound to be at least SOME that are decent. I started off with about 300 pics from my trip last week and I've been slowly deleting the hideous ones of myself....I am now down to about 150 pics (im not in all of them, the majority of them are just DD but I did force myself to get in a good number of them). I will probably end up with like 15-20 "acceptable" pics of myself once I'm done deleting all the offensive ones lol.

morrik5 likes this.
  5. Speri337

Speri337 Earning My Ears

Have they discontinued the option to buy single photographs? I'm trying to buy pics now and I'm not seeing it anywhere

6. Princess_Lisa

Princess_Lisa Mouseketeer

I wouldn't think they'd do that. I don't see the single download option for my ride photo from this past Saturday on the MDE App, but it is there on the PhotoPass website - https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com
    Sometimes one will have something the other doesn't. You should also be able to buy one in the gift shop when you get off most rides. The nice thing with the gift shops is I can get my AP discount unlike on the App/Website.

7. kitkat324

kitkat324 Mouseketeer

Does only downloading photos activate the Memory Makers 30 days? Am I able to edit photos without that starting the 30 day clock? I can't remember from last time if editing the photos meant I had to activate memory maker. Thanks!

8. twodogs

twodogs DIS Veteran

Is PP included in the MVMCP ticket? It was for the Halloween party at DLR this year, so just wondering and trying to calculate if MM or single days will be best option for our trip.

9. hiroMYhero

hiroMYhero I'm satisfied with my care... Moderator

The OP of this thread is no longer a member of DIS.

Photopass photos are not included with Party Tickets. DL and WDW are separate entities and Photopass Photos and 1-day Memory Maker are not included with WDW Hard ticket Party tickets. They must be purchased separately.

10. twodogs

twodogs DIS Veteran

Thank you!

11. ana90210

ana90210 Earning My Ears

Hello, thank you for this thread, it was very helpful! I have one question, though.

If I buy the Memory Maker at Disney Springs and go to the parks 3 days after, can I get the advance purchase price? Do they have this option onsite or is it only online?

I want to avoid international credit card fees and I will arrive in Orlando 3 days before going to the parks, so I thought about going to Disney Springs on my fist day and buy Memory Maker, but only if they have the advanced purchase option.

12. Jays2013

Jays2013 DIS Veteran

OK....I read the first posts and scanned more, and I'm looking for confirmation of some things more than anything else. :)

Our party has six people (two separate reservations at the same resort). I'm the only one with an actual MDE log-in (I made all the FP+ for us and ADRs), but the others show up on mine (Friends & Family). I purchased Memory Maker when we booked our trip.

Now, if, say my parents go on a ride and or get a PP photo taken and scan one of their bands, that photo should be available through my Memory Maker, correct? (They're the separate reservation.)

Also, I was just looking through my MDE app. (We leave in 11 days.) It still says "buy Memory Maker" and offers me a chance to link it to the account. On the website, it also offers the chance to link Memory Maker.

If I link it now, it doesn't activate anything, right? When do I activate it? When we get there? After we're home and want photos? I'd like to be able to see pics while at the parks, but I'm a little confused.

Any advice appreciated!

Edited to add: OK, it looks like the first thing is no trouble. :) That's awesome.

I've found our MM confirmation number on the number in my MDE account. Do I still need to link the app?

I'm giving myself a headache and it's probably far simpler than I'm making it out to be. :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017 at 10:44 AM