Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your photos and those for profiles you manage, no setup required other than to have your pass linked to MDE.

For connected friends (ones that have their own MDE account), they need to allow you to view their PhotoPass Photos (default is to allow). You will always see Photos for profiles that you manage.

If a connected friend selects 'Update' for your profile in their Family & Friends list, they will see the options below:

View attachment 242432
Thanks erionm. Easy peazy.

I was so lucky I noticed today the price was different online for the MM advance cost but the MDE site was not working right so I called to order it over the phone and got it for the $149, it seems odd they changed the price mid year like that!

Last edited:
So I'm not seeing an option to purchase one day photo pass after the fact... have they also changed this as well??? Am I really stuck paying 200 if I want my photos for the two days I was there????? We did a bunch of character meet and greets for DD so I was planning on getting them...

So I'm not seeing an option to purchase one day photo pass after the fact... have they also changed this as well??? Am I really stuck paying 200 if I want my photos for the two days I was there????? We did a bunch of character meet and greets for DD so I was planning on getting them...

check the app. they might have moved it back to app only with todays price change.

EDIT TO ADD: also open a photo and go to purchase it, thats when it would appear as an option.

2nd edit: and please report back, it's hard to look this up myself when I have unlimited with my AP. if it changed, I want to update post 1.

check the app. they might have moved it back to app only with todays price change.

EDIT TO ADD: also open a photo and go to purchase it, thats when it would appear as an option.

2nd edit: and please report back, it's hard to look this up myself when I have unlimited with my AP. if it changed, I want to update post 1.

THANK YOU!!!!!! Yes they moved it back to the app. I have also learned to purchase the photos immediately upon return if I do something like this again! Also, the purchase price was still 59 for the day of photos (120 sounds a lot better then 200 for 2 days, and I did start to go through the photos; I'd gotten it down to $150 worth of downloads so I'm still making out because of all of the character meet and greets we did).

THANK YOU!!!!!! Yes they moved it back to the app. I have also learned to purchase the photos immediately upon return if I do something like this again! Also, the purchase price was still 59 for the day of photos (120 sounds a lot better then 200 for 2 days, and I did start to go through the photos; I'd gotten it down to $150 worth of downloads so I'm still making out because of all of the character meet and greets we did).

Thanks for reporting back! Most of disney has options so if you take a moment to do the math, you can generally tick off enough $10 and $20 savings that it adds up. Get really good at it and you can double the length of your trip or even come a second time (or yearly).

Thanks for reporting back! Most of disney has options so if you take a moment to do the math, you can generally tick off enough $10 and $20 savings that it adds up. Get really good at it and you can double the length of your trip or even come a second time (or yearly).

Also, I did open the photo and go to download it when I tried it initially, the only options presented were purchasing a memory maker for the whole trip for 199 or purchase the download for 15. When I tried it on the app the 59 for a day option came up immediately so I don't think I missed it when I tried it on-line.

Military Offer --

The first post states that it can be purchased at guest relations at either a park or Disney Springs. When I spoke with a Shades of Green cast member, she said only available at the ticket windows of the 4 parks.

Is this change, or perhaps incorrect info from the CM?

I'm really hoping I can buy it at Disney Springs.

They sure do hide it! But I know it's there because we used it in May.

We used it last month. We usually only do 2 days so it is perfect for us and We can see the pics before committing to see if it is even worth it.

I'm sorry if this has already been covered.

I had my dh sign up for a mde account and now I'm afraid that might mess up our memory maker. If his band gets scanned for photos, will they show up in my account?

If DD will download and send all the photos to everyone, nothing. DD gets free downloads with their pass. They rest you have setup and ready!

DD has the Silver AP. Does this qualify for unlimited downloads? And I am still fuzzy on how this "download" works. But I am old and tech-challenged. Maybe she or DS/DDIL will know how to do it?!?!?!?

Drat!!! Thanks.

Does the gold FL RES AP qualify? Probably cheaper to upgrade her pass, yes?

Last edited:
We'll be in Disney on Monday and I just realized I didn't pre-purchase memory maker. If I buy now, will my photos from Monday be included or will I still have to pay for them? This is also our first time staying off site so we won't have magic bands. Will we still get all the ride photos? I'm not sure how this is going to work :(

I'm sorry if this has already been covered.

I had my dh sign up for a mde account and now I'm afraid that might mess up our memory maker. If his band gets scanned for photos, will they show up in my account?

Log into your MDE account, go to friends and family, and invite him. Have him log into his account, and accept your invitation. Now, make sure that in the friends and family, you both check the box for "My Disney photopass photos." As long as you both do that, any pictures that are scanned onto his magic band will appear in your photopass account, and be part of your memory maker.

We'll be in Disney on Monday and I just realized I didn't pre-purchase memory maker. If I buy now, will my photos from Monday be included or will I still have to pay for them? This is also our first time staying off site so we won't have magic bands. Will we still get all the ride photos? I'm not sure how this is going to work :(

If you buy at the prepurchase price $169, then pictures taken within 3 days of purchase will not be included. If you buy at the starts immediately price $199, then you will get the pictures from Monday as well.

If you have magic bands from a previous trip, you can use those, and your on ride photos will be attached to them.

I read the initial post, but am still feeling a bit unsure about the following:

Right now, I have 5-day park tickets to WDW. I would like to use Memory Maker for this trip. However... I will also be going to DLR about two weeks before the WDW trip. Currently, we have not yet purchased park tickets for that day. If I purchase Memory Maker now, and then link a DLR ticket to my account, will the Memory Maker I purchased be activated at DLR? Or do I need to wait until after our DLR visit to purchase Memory Maker (which would still be well before the 3 days in advance price)?

Thank you for the clarification!

I read the initial post, but am still feeling a bit unsure about the following:

Right now, I have 5-day park tickets to WDW. I would like to use Memory Maker for this trip. However... I will also be going to DLR about two weeks before the WDW trip. Currently, we have not yet purchased park tickets for that day. If I purchase Memory Maker now, and then link a DLR ticket to my account, will the Memory Maker I purchased be activated at DLR? Or do I need to wait until after our DLR visit to purchase Memory Maker (which would still be well before the 3 days in advance price)?

Thank you for the clarification!

Memory Maker isn't available for DL, and besides, what activates Memory Maker is your first download.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter