Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should see memory maker in your MDE account and if you don't link it with your confirmation code. It's date of purchase not date you added it to mde so as long as you leave in 3+ days your good to go.[/QUOTE

Where will I see the memory maker? It is confusing as I see a place to but the MM, yet another says my pictures will be found here. Can you direct me where on MDE it will say for sure it has been applied? I don't recall getting a confirmation code..

OK I haven't seen this exact question so here it goes. I want to upgrade to an annual pass when I get to Disney after going through a turnstile. I also want to get MM for our trip. Once I upgrade my ticket does it show up on my account? Is it ready to go at that point? I could buy MM ahead of time but if it is included would I get a refund? I want the simplest route to go. I have three other families connected to my MDE account so they would be able to use MM too?
Thanks

OK I haven't seen this exact question so here it goes.

that's because it's covered in the first post.

I want to upgrade to an annual pass when I get to Disney after going through a turnstile. I also want to get MM for our trip. Once I upgrade my ticket does it show up on my account? Is it ready to go at that point?

You get unlimited photopass downloads with 365 day photo expiration so yes, as soon as you have an AP activate in your account, you can download your photos right away. It's the same as memory maker but with a longer photo expiration on both photos and the downloading so it's actually better as you are not rushed to claim all your photos and have a year to do that. The only thing in your account that appears is that you have an annual pass ticket but the photos will no longer have a water mark. Also a bonus is any old photos that are under 365 days old from prior visits will reappear for download.

I could buy MM ahead of time but if it is included would I get a refund? I want the simplest route to go.

Yes, you can buy in advance and let the cast member who is upgrading you know that you have memory maker and they will apply the cost as a discount to your AP. I personally recommend buying memory maker. Life changes, things happens and if you end up deciding not to upgrade AP but still take your trip you have memory maker at the lowest cost price for that trip. If you upgrade, you loose no money since they will credit the upgrade cost with memory maker price you paid.

I have three other families connected to my MDE account so they would be able to use MM too?

This is where people get confused and the reason for the thread. MM is just one way to buy your photos and download them. No, they will not have the ability to download the photos themselves as they haven't purchased the photos. Using photographers, photobooths, ride photos and videos are free for everyone and no prior purchase is needed. You can download all the photos and then it's up to you what happens to them after you have a copy....

Last edited:

OK I haven't seen this exact question so here it goes. I want to upgrade to an annual pass when I get to Disney after going through a turnstile. I also want to get MM for our trip. Once I upgrade my ticket does it show up on my account? Is it ready to go at that point? I could buy MM ahead of time but if it is included would I get a refund? I want the simplest route to go. I have three other families connected to my MDE account so they would be able to use MM too?
Thanks

If you plan to upgrade to an annual pass, there's no reason to buy Memory Maker. If you mean does Memory Maker show up on your account after you upgrade to an annual pass, the answer is no, because what you'll have isn't Memory Maker, but unlimited PhotoPass picture downloads, which works like Memory Maker, but is better because it lasts for the entire year of your AP. And yes, the families connected to your MDE would have their pictures show up as well, but you're the only one who would be able to download them.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I found it and am reassured everything is as it should be!

I am booking tickets for WDW and I only see the advance purchase memory maker option, and not the 1-day MM option. Will I be able to view the option once I purchase my admission tickets? Or do I have to but the 1-day MM onsite?

I am booking tickets for WDW and I only see the advance purchase memory maker option, and not the 1-day MM option. Will I be able to view the option once I purchase my admission tickets? Or do I have to but the 1-day MM onsite?

as post 1 mentions, it will appear after you have a photo and you'll find it when you go to download any photos as a payment option for them. It may not appear on the website and sometimes is only in the mde app itself but you first need a photo in your account. There is no pre-trip discount for the 1 day memory maker.

If I pre-purchase Memory Maker will I be able to use my MDE iPhone app to view and download the photos as they are taken in the park? I'd like to be able to do this so I can share them to Facebook while we are at the park. Can I do this?
Thanks.

If I pre-purchase Memory Maker will I be able to use my MDE iPhone app to view and download the photos as they are taken in the park? I'd like to be able to do this so I can share them to Facebook while we are at the park. Can I do this?

yes. You would activate memory maker when your ready to download/share a photo. The catch22 is your 30 day timer starts to tick so make sure it fits into your vacation plans and you have enough time to download them when you get home.

The system has changed since you were last there, you no longer need to prepurchase to use photopass but that's not really the question.

There is a few answers to this and it comes down to how the group leader setup everyone..

First, the direct answer is you need to be linked to every single person who is going on that trip to get every picture from everyone. you do that from the friends and family section of the website or app. Then their pictures will appear and you can download the images. "their pictures" means their band was detected on a ride, the scanned it with a photographer or a photographer gave them a photopass card that they linked to their account (which is very common for game day photos where they might hand everyone a card(s) with all the photos taken).

Now where it gets tricky is is how the group leader is planning to setup everyone. That's really something you need to discuss and then if there is no obvious way to get everyone linked together for photos we can try to give you a hand once you know how they are setting up the trip.

OK. I'm a little (a lot) thick. I need a step by step so I completely understand. I've read your first post on this thread several times, but I still don't understand the process. I don't know how to use this website/app to link people. I have an account, but I don't know what to do with it. We are taking 20 girls and maybe a dozen adults for a tournament and 4 days in the parks. If I purchase MM, what are the next steps? Do they all have to set up an account? If so, can they give me their account info and I can link them to mine, or do they have to do it? How does having an account even let the photographers know who is who? Do they have to add their ticket or something to the account before we go? So many questions. . .

I don't know if we are going to have Magic Bands or not, and I don't know how our tickets will be set up. Why does this have to be so complicated? Why can't we just have an account number for the photographers to enter when they take pictures? I just feel so dumb!

I did photopass plus in 2013 which I guess is the same thing just without the magicbands. I did the extra borders etc to the photos then clicked something stating I was done within the 30 days and they sent 2 CD's with all of my photos that I could then take to Rite Aid or Walgreens etc to print. Is this still the case, will I get the CD's like last time? Or is it just a digital download? Thank you for the information.

OK. I'm a little (a lot) thick. I need a step by step so I completely understand. I've read your first post on this thread several times, but I still don't understand the process. I don't know how to use this website/app to link people. I have an account, but I don't know what to do with it. We are taking 20 girls and maybe a dozen adults for a tournament and 4 days in the parks. If I purchase MM, what are the next steps? Do they all have to set up an account? If so, can they give me their account info and I can link them to mine, or do they have to do it? How does having an account even let the photographers know who is who? Do they have to add their ticket or something to the account before we go? So many questions. . .

I don't know if we are going to have Magic Bands or not, and I don't know how our tickets will be set up. Why does this have to be so complicated? Why can't we just have an account number for the photographers to enter when they take pictures? I just feel so dumb!

part of the problem is this is a hard situation to give a direct "do this" answer. There is dozens of different ways groups come to disney and depending on what your group setup, it'll change the answer..

The short answer is everyone needs to be linked to you in order for you to see their pictures the way you want it to work.. how you go about linking everyone, is whatever options appear in the family and friends section is what you have to do for each and every person that you want pictures from and they also need to approve the adding them to you on top of it.. And that's if everyone has an account, if your group is going where they are handing out different tickets daily and nobody has fastpasses or an mde account then you can't link them unless they make an account and add their tickets... If it happens that someone in charge of booking this made 1 large mde account, then that is what you are linking.. if everyone is going on their own with all different reservations, then there is that side of it.. this is not an easy answer...

The best recommendation I have here is find the person who booked this trip and discuss with them how you get everyone linked so you can see the pictures.. If they did everything through a third party, they probably have an easy solution to this.. if they did it via disney, then they have group recommendations from disney already they can look at (or call them up again). assuming they did a group travel arrangement...

so yes, this one is complicated and I wish I had a more firm "do this" answer but it's one of the most complicated setups that can be 100 different ways when you start to talk about competitions, yes program and other activities, some of which just rent out parks of WDW and isn't a disney event at all.

I did photopass plus in 2013 which I guess is the same thing just without the magicbands. I did the extra borders etc to the photos then clicked something stating I was done within the 30 days and they sent 2 CD's with all of my photos that I could then take to Rite Aid or Walgreens etc to print. Is this still the case, will I get the CD's like last time? Or is it just a digital download? Thank you for the information.

how it's changed:

- You no longer need to buy anything in advance and can just use the photo options at no cost.
- You can purchase the digital downloads of your photos in several methods, if your planning a lot memory maker pre-trip price will be the best value (buy it at least 3 days before you arrive from the disney website)..
- You can download, even added to add some borders and things to them before you download from the photopass site (still the same for the most part).
- you can then bring those photos however you can copy them over to somewhere if you want prints (some you can just do online and upload your photos, or you can make your own cd or get a thumbdrive to copy them too and carry them over).
- You can still get cds and prints directly from disney but that is an additional cost. You still need to pay the download fee so this would be additional to the memory maker which you'll be able to decide after the trip. Basically still get memory maker ahead of time for the best price..

The only price that's better for a lot of photos is if someone is active or retired military, there is a deal for memory maker right now which you buy in person at WDW. I think it ends in december.
The only price that's better than memory maker is if you happen to be an annual passholder with free photo downloads, then there is nothing to buy unless you want a cd or print or other stuff disney will sell you with your pictures on it..
It's cheaper to just download and get prints made yourself.

I hope this helps.

Bryan, if an AP expires shortly after pictures are taken (last trip on the AP), do they expire in 45 days?

My understanding is any photo taken while the AP was valid will expire in 365 days and still be downloadable after the ap expires. Any photos taken after the ap is expired will be normal expiration and purchase options.

Air on the side of caution, I don't know anyone who has had it expire so I would be diligent in making sure I had a copy as soon as I possibly could.

Read the first post and I want to clarify how I think memory maker with an annual pass will work in our particular situation. We have used the Memory Maker feature as a pre-buy option with multiple families on a previous trip. We recall having some trouble with all the photos showing up in everyone's account but we had to visit a Photopass kiosk in the parks and bring everyone in with our Magic Bands and they did something and then it worked. Current situation is this: My sister is planning to buy an annual pass for a June trip and my daughter and I will join her on the trip. My daughter's friend will be in town with her family for her sister's volleyball tournament at the same time. My daughter's friend will be spending 2 day with us on our trip while her family is busy with the tournament. I am going to add her to our onsite reservation so she has access to the extra magic hours and she will be spending one night with us in our room. I assume we can get a Magic Band for her at the hotel desk? I invited the friend's mom and the friend to my MDE and my sister's and we both see them on our accounts. But I think the friend's mom needs to invite me and my sister as well so the accounts are properly linked? I can see my daughter's friend and her mom as our Friend's and family but haven't confirmed with the other mom to see what shows on her account. My thinking is that as long as the daughter is with us, any of her photopass photos will be in my sister's MDE account and mine/theirs. The friend's family will visit the parks after our room reservation has ended and we go home. Will their photos still show up in my sister's MDE account as part of her passholder download or do they need to buy their own Memory Maker? And if it is included, they just need to make sure they have the daughter's Magic Band on a ride for photos/video or scan the Magic band/ticket after the ride is over? And if this works, the photos need to be downloaded to a disk from my sister's account and handed to the other family on a disk, they won't have access to download from their own account, correct?

Read the first post and I want to clarify how I think memory maker with an annual pass will work in our particular situation. We have used the Memory Maker feature as a pre-buy option with multiple families on a previous trip. We recall having some trouble with all the photos showing up in everyone's account but we had to visit a Photopass kiosk in the parks and bring everyone in with our Magic Bands and they did something and then it worked. Current situation is this: My sister is planning to buy an annual pass for a June trip and my daughter and I will join her on the trip. My daughter's friend will be in town with her family for her sister's volleyball tournament at the same time. My daughter's friend will be spending 2 day with us on our trip while her family is busy with the tournament. I am going to add her to our onsite reservation so she has access to the extra magic hours and she will be spending one night with us in our room. I assume we can get a Magic Band for her at the hotel desk? I invited the friend's mom and the friend to my MDE and my sister's and we both see them on our accounts. But I think the friend's mom needs to invite me and my sister as well so the accounts are properly linked? I can see my daughter's friend and her mom as our Friend's and family but haven't confirmed with the other mom to see what shows on her account. My thinking is that as long as the daughter is with us, any of her photopass photos will be in my sister's MDE account and mine/theirs. The friend's family will visit the parks after our room reservation has ended and we go home. Will their photos still show up in my sister's MDE account as part of her passholder download or do they need to buy their own Memory Maker? And if it is included, they just need to make sure they have the daughter's Magic Band on a ride for photos/video or scan the Magic band/ticket after the ride is over? And if this works, the photos need to be downloaded to a disk from my sister's account and handed to the other family on a disk, they won't have access to download from their own account, correct?

So there is a lot here..

Lets start off with fixing the terminology. You get unlimited photopass downloads with a 365 day photo expiration with an annual pass. It is not memory maker but it works almost the same but a longer expiration date... Memory maker is a package that anyone can buy to get unlimited photopass downloads for 30 days.

Whoever has the annual pass and will be doing the downloading, they need to be able to see all the friends and family in the list in order to see everyones photos. So linking to a friend but not linking to the friends child means you may and probably won't see the childs. You actually have to do it in 2 steps now where first you link the person who has the mde account, then you can find and link all their managed friends and family to also link to them. It does require them to accept the invitation in order to complete the link and see the photos. This is probably what you needed to do stopping by a photo store so again if you notice any photos missing, this is the quickest way to solve that and I recommend you do that again if there is a problem.

As far as the magicband, first the person needs to be on the reservation to get a free magicband. You can add them after you arrive, which is a great way to add people to a room without the same ticket or meal plan. So if this is your plan to add her, then yes she can get a free grey band from, the front desk. you should be able to pick that up for her, when you go to add her to the room and shouldn't require her to be present.

And last a magicband is not required to use photopass. The friend can just use her plastic ticket for photopass and that will work just fine. Since she'll be joining you on the trip, the other people with their magicbands will take care of the ride photos getting automatically linked.

Hopefully that helps you out.. It's really simple, everyone needs to be linked, photo pass store/kiosk can help you fix anyone you had issues or forgot about, the friend can use the card or magicband if you add them to the reservation for a free one or buys one and sets it up with her account.

So there is a lot here..

Lets start off with fixing the terminology. You get unlimited photopass downloads with a 365 day photo expiration with an annual pass. It is not memory maker but it works almost the same but a longer expiration date... Memory maker is a package that anyone can buy to get unlimited photopass downloads for 30 days.

Whoever has the annual pass and will be doing the downloading, they need to be able to see all the friends and family in the list in order to see everyones photos. So linking to a friend but not linking to the friends child means you may and probably won't see the childs. You actually have to do it in 2 steps now where first you link the person who has the mde account, then you can find and link all their managed friends and family to also link to them. It does require them to accept the invitation in order to complete the link and see the photos. This is probably what you needed to do stopping by a photo store so again if you notice any photos missing, this is the quickest way to solve that and I recommend you do that again if there is a problem.

As far as the magicband, first the person needs to be on the reservation to get a free magicband. You can add them after you arrive, which is a great way to add people to a room without the same ticket or meal plan. So if this is your plan to add her, then yes she can get a free grey band from, the front desk. you should be able to pick that up for her, when you go to add her to the room and shouldn't require her to be present.

And last a magicband is not required to use photopass. The friend can just use her plastic ticket for photopass and that will work just fine. Since she'll be joining you on the trip, the other people with their magicbands will take care of the ride photos getting automatically linked.

Hopefully that helps you out.. It's really simple, everyone needs to be linked, photo pass store/kiosk can help you fix anyone you had issues or forgot about, the friend can use the card or magicband if you add them to the reservation for a free one or buys one and sets it up with her account.

Thank you! So if we go to Disney Springs on arrival day and sister buys the annual pass the next day when we go to a park, any photopass photos taken at Disney Springs or a resort before she buys the annual pass won't be able to be downloaded for free? Should we plan for her to buy the pass at Disney Springs Guest Services? Or if her flight arrives too late to make it to Disney Springs, can the Poly Concierge desk sell the annual DVC discounted pass? And the pass must be activated that day to include any photos taken that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!