Everybody Wants to be a WISH Cat (or dog, or goose, etc...) - October 2016 WISH Challenge

So hopefully the judge is not crabby.

Good luck with the appointment! And I hope you get the judge directly after his lunch break, that is supposedly the best time to get a mild judge! :goodvibes (There was a study done on that in Isreal and I found it interesting how much being hungry or not influences people who by their profession should not be influenced by things like this)

October 27 - Question of the Day

Ok, y'all -- we've been talking about how to do good and make good choices all month....

But Halloween is approaching and I'm feeling a bit more .... villainous!

Enter Lucifer:

tumblr_niloofxYKL1s2wio8o1_500.gif

The one Disney cat that's fun to hate on - Haha!

tumblr_n9k35yO7hG1t0xyebo5_500.gif

Lucifer is full of bad choices.

tumblr_n0x1ugA9T11s2wio8o1_500.gif

Sometimes we make bad choices too - or have specific days dedicated to "cheating."

tumblr_n9k35yO7hG1t0xyebo1_400.gif

What is your favorite cheat treat? Do you have a cheat day or just occasionally treat yo' self?

(Yes, I know I went a little overboard with the Lucifer Gifs.... they were all just so good LOL!)​

October 27 - Question of the Day

Ok, y'all -- we've been talking about how to do good and make good choices all month....

But Halloween is approaching and I'm feeling a bit more .... villainous!
Enter Lucifer:
The one Disney cat that's fun to hate on - Haha!

Lucifer is full of bad choices.

Sometimes we make bad choices too - or have specific days dedicated to "cheating."

What is your favorite cheat treat? Do you have a cheat day or just occasionally treat yo' self?

(Yes, I know I went a little overboard with the Lucifer Gifs.... they were all just so good LOL!)​

I try to limit my treats to one meal or splurge..... usually on Friday or Saturday. I don't do it every week, but probably every other.... it depends on what's going on. I don't need to go "nuts" to consider it a treat..... just a beer and a little extra popcorn is good.... or brunch with my daughter at our favorite local cafe near her school in RI. I still order egg whites and no cheese, but the butternut squash cornbread hash is a GREAT treat.... and I try not to even look at the bakery case! Once in a while I also get a special drink (they have a hot tea called London Fog...mmmmm!)

Favorite cheat.... oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough!! It is one of the few foods I still cannot control.... so thank heavens it only happens a few times a year!.................P

I got to visit my niece last night and she's so cute. Was born at 11:11 am on 10/26/2016 (such magical numbers!) - 9.5 pounds and 20 inches long. Mom, Dad and baby are doing great. I didnt get to hold her yet since she was only 7 hours old when we went to visit, but I figure there's plenty of time for that over the next several years :P

Ice cream. I can pass on cake or pie or anything else.... but ice cream is my weakness. Have to have it if it's in front of me :)

Hi, friends! We are back home from our Disney trip! We actually made pretty good time on our drive home yesterday and got back to our house (including a stop by my parents' to pick up our dog) at 11pm last night.

I meant to check in before we left, but last week was insane around here trying to get all of the last minute things done before we left and get all of my open orders out the door. I weighed in at 219.2 last Thursday and Friday mornings, which means I hit 100% of my goal for the month! Yay!!! However, after looking at our photos from this trip, I can tell you right now that even being back technically "below" 220 is NOT my happy place. I love food so much and love eating, but I do NOT love how I look and how hard it is to find clothes that fit and I feel comfortable in, so it's time to find a way to get skinny again but still eat all the yummy things.

This Disney trip was a very weird one, and for the most part the magic was definitely missing... but impulsively we became AP's on our last day (which, when it's time to pay bills I will probably regret LOL) so we can have do-over visits! I'm currently looking at dates and prices and plane fares and even looking into credit cards with flight rewards and decent interest rates to transfer a current balance onto, as the interest rate on the current card is pretty high... I'm trying hard to find a way to get us there in December of this year, and I'm still hoping I can get us down there again for the Princess 5K in February, and I'd love to go for Dapper Day in April... We're also planning to go with my parents in October 2017, too, if we can swing it. So much Disneying, but that means I HAVE to buckle down and get to dropping some weight. I definitely want to be down 30lbs by the race in February, and I'd love to be down 50 by April. I also need to learn some intense money-saving tricks from the sounds of things, haha.

Anyway, so far the PDD is at bay, as I can focus on working toward future trips and I have open orders to come home to, which is a totally different situation than when we came home last year. Fingers crossed that good things will happen soon, including some substantial weight loss!

I try to have just 1 cheat day where I just may not eat as good not too bad either. I do love ice cream, white cake with white frosting and Oreo cookies. I just try to keep none of it int he house. I am pretty good with that part. Lately I have been craving chocolate. I typically don't so I don't know what the deal is.

I did make into work today. My husband came home around 11 to work from home the rest of the day. I am not sure my son was even sick. I believe his stomach did hurt this morning. He is not one to complain about it. My husband said he is now acting fine. Who knows what it was. At least he will be good for tomorrow.

Good luck with the appointment! And I hope you get the judge directly after his lunch break, that is supposedly the best time to get a mild judge! :goodvibes (There was a study done on that in Isreal and I found it interesting how much being hungry or not influences people who by their profession should not be influenced by things like this)

Thank you! It was odd. We go to called up there. He said "Your paperwork is acceptable. Let's schedule a date." Works for me! But that was an hour of my life for 8 words lol.

This highlights the essence of my problem! Sure, I have cheat days. But no cheat "treats". In Other words, right now I'm pretty much eating whatever strikes my impulsive fancy. Which is not smart. I'm doing a good job of not eating "dessert" as often though so I guess that's my cheat treat.

Favorite cheat.... oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough!! It is one of the few foods I still cannot control.... so thank heavens it only happens a few times a year!.................P

Oh my-- this is soooo relatable! LOL DH calls me cookie monster..... :sad2:

Ice cream. I can pass on cake or pie or anything else.... but ice cream is my weakness. Have to have it if it's in front of me :)

Yum!!! Funny - I've only eaten FroYo for the past couple of years and last month I had a bite of real ice cream at my in-laws and almost fell out! OMG it was sooo good and creamy! I had totally forgotten! I can certainly see how tempting that stuff can be!

This Disney trip was a very weird one, and for the most part the magic was definitely missing... but impulsively we became AP's on our last day (which, when it's time to pay bills I will probably regret LOL) so we can have do-over visits! I'm currently looking at dates and prices and plane fares and even looking into credit cards with flight rewards and decent interest rates to transfer a current balance onto, as the interest rate on the current card is pretty high... I'm trying hard to find a way to get us there in December of this year, and I'm still hoping I can get us down there again for the Princess 5K in February, and I'd love to go for Dapper Day in April... We're also planning to go with my parents in October 2017, too, if we can swing it. So much Disneying, but that means I HAVE to buckle down and get to dropping some weight. I definitely want to be down 30lbs by the race in February, and I'd love to be down 50 by April. I also need to learn some intense money-saving tricks from the sounds of things, haha.

Sorry to hear your trip wasn't as magical :( But ANNUAL PASSES!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!
Side note: I loooooove the Southwest card for their sign up bonus (when they are running the 50,000) I was able to use the bonus for 2 trips to Atlanta and 1 trip to Los Angeles for both DH and I. But I have no idea if their interest rates are competitive. :confused3

Dapper Day sounds AWESOME though if you make it for that! Especially with your creative flare!

I did make into work today. My husband came home around 11 to work from home the rest of the day. I am not sure my son was even sick. I believe his stomach did hurt this morning. He is not one to complain about it. My husband said he is now acting fine. Who knows what it was. At least he will be good for tomorrow.

Glad to hear your son is doing better :)

Thank you! It was odd. We go to called up there. He said "Your paperwork is acceptable. Let's schedule a date." Works for me! But that was an hour of my life for 8 words lol.

Glad to hear court went fine for you as well. :-)

QOTD:

COOKIES AND COOKIE DOUGH! I can say no to almost anything EXCEPT cookies or cookie dough. I was managing myself with a bag or two or the Lorna Doone 100 calorie packs per week.... but I graduated to the Pillsbury Halloween shape ones that come out for the holidays. I was only having a serving size a couple times a week (rather than the old days where I would eat 12...) and I was still loosing so I thought that was a happy balance. Maybe not though being that the scale jumped up this week rather aggressively.

Although on that note, I have been having a glass of wine every night (helps me sleep while on these heart meds and the doctor said it would be good for my heart and anxiety.... and who am I to go against the good ole doc?!). Anyway, now that I'm thinking about that, I wonder if that cumulatively is having an effect as well. I wasn't exactly counting calories before but knew about where I was. Now I've been doing the same and adding wine, so I may need to make some adjustments!

October 28 - Question of the Day

Friday Fun!!!

Two weeks ago, Oh My Disney posted some pictures of their favorite costumes
that they saw at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party so far this year.

You can check it out here.

Sooooo cute!!!

(Although they should have definitely featured @JacknSally for her glowing hair Rapunzel!!!)

Who has dressed up as a Disney character for Halloween?

I know we would love to see pictures if you would like to share!

If not, what character would you pick to dress up as and why?

Friday Fun!!!

Sooooo cute!!!

(Although they should have definitely featured @JacknSally for her glowing hair Rapunzel!!!)

Yessssss!!!!! This year we went as Flynn & Punzie, and while it was fun, I don't know how she kept her hair that long for so long. Ugh.

59201052-A5D2-4993-B03C-7E1BC36DB2A0.jpg IMG_8673.JPG 1E9E08F1-2FC6-48CC-AC02-DEF70A764315.jpg 95CED91A-906A-4A14-93AC-9AF6EE4DE30C.jpg

I have! Two times at MNSSHP. One year husband and I dressed as Mike and Sully. The next year we dressed up as Mr. and Mrs. Incredible. I don't have any pictures though otherwise I'd totally share because they were homemade costumes and I was super proud of them.

_______

I hit the gym 4 times this week already! I'm super happy about that. Obviously, I did not hit 100% this month but considering where I started the month and where I ended it I can't be sad at all. So officially checking in for the end of the month at 70%. I think next month I'm going to do another month of workout challenges because I want to focus on being healthy, not on obsessing at the scale.

Speaking of which, I did weigh yesterday. I was up from where I was at the beginning of the month. But I'm not sad about it because next month is another month and slow progress is still progress. Even if it's not weight related progress :)

I got to visit my niece last night and she's so cute. Was born at 11:11 am on 10/26/2016 (such magical numbers!) - 9.5 pounds and 20 inches long. Mom, Dad and baby are doing great. I didnt get to hold her yet since she was only 7 hours old when we went to visit, but I figure there's plenty of time for that over the next several years :P

Great birthday IMO :) And thats a big baby! Have fun with her!

Treats/Cheats: I'll schedule a full cheat day on special occasion like a birthday or holiday. Vacations or other special days I'll just do a treat like ice cream or a great drink or something along those lines.

Halloween costume: I'm so lazy when it comes to Halloween costumes for myself! I usually only dress up with stuff we have around the house. I haven't done a disney costume for me but would love to! I'd probably just go with Minnie!

Halloween Costume:

Hubs and I have dressed up as Belle and Gaston from Beauty and the Beast and then Vanellope and Ralph from Wreck it Ralph. I'm jumping back into the Vanellope outfit on Monday and heading to Chiptole for $3 Boo-ritos. :P

Today i'm wearing my Lularoe Ghost Leggings. Woohoo! Love this time of year!

Friday Fun!!!

Sooooo cute!!!

View attachment 203730
Halloween.jpg
I am the one in the Minnie outfit. I was somewhere around 3rd grade. My mom made the outfit and I think she made my brother and sisters too.

When I was older I took my sisters Belle costume that she wore when she was in Color Guard and the theme was beauty and the Beast. It was the blue outfit. I wore it until I didn't fit in it anymore. I used to wear it to the daycare when I worked their. Everyone thought I was Alice. I never realized how similar the two dresses are.

As a kid I did go as a princess a lot but I think it was more as the good witch in the Wizard of Oz. Cinderella I am sure was thrown in there too. I have always loved Disney so a lot revolved around it including Halloween.

Yessssss!!!!! This year we went as Flynn & Punzie, and while it was fun, I don't know how she kept her hair that long for so long. Ugh.

Sooo cool! AND the glowing bucket! Love it!!!

I have! Two times at MNSSHP. One year husband and I dressed as Mike and Sully. The next year we dressed up as Mr. and Mrs. Incredible. I don't have any pictures though otherwise I'd totally share because they were homemade costumes and I was super proud of them.

LOL I hear ya on the homemade costumes! That's half the fun really!

I think next month I'm going to do another month of workout challenges because I want to focus on being healthy, not on obsessing at the scale.

Speaking of which, I did weigh yesterday. I was up from where I was at the beginning of the month. But I'm not sad about it because next month is another month and slow progress is still progress. Even if it's not weight related progress :)

That's a great mindset :-) At least for me, I have pretty good success focusing on the overall and less on scale. Each person is different!

Hubs and I have dressed up as Belle and Gaston from Beauty and the Beast and then Vanellope and Ralph from Wreck it Ralph. I'm jumping back into the Vanellope outfit on Monday and heading to Chiptole for $3 Boo-ritos. :P

Today i'm wearing my Lularoe Ghost Leggings. Woohoo! Love this time of year!

DH and I have costumes for Belle and Gaston this year actually. Well... kinda a Disney Bound for him. But still! LOL

I remember seeing the Vanellope outfit last year. Super cute! And woohoo to lularoe! I can't wait to get some Christmas ones!!!

View attachment 203730
View attachment 203733
I am the one in the Minnie outfit. I was somewhere around 3rd grade. My mom made the outfit and I think she made my brother and sisters too.

When I was older I took my sisters Belle costume that she wore when she was in Color Guard and the theme was beauty and the Beast. It was the blue outfit. I wore it until I didn't fit in it anymore. I used to wear it to the daycare when I worked their. Everyone thought I was Alice. I never realized how similar the two dresses are.

As a kid I did go as a princess a lot but I think it was more as the good witch in the Wizard of Oz. Cinderella I am sure was thrown in there too. I have always loved Disney so a lot revolved around it including Halloween.

This is so neat! I think Halloween is especially fun for kids (well, and us adults too) that are Disney fans that enjoy dressing up. There are so many fun things to be that mean so much to us as well!

Ok here are mine!

Jingle Jungle 5K.jpg IMG_0127.JPG IMG_0128.JPG

I looooved the Jolly Holiday running outfits... I am going to have to re-imagine that one year for a full scale costume!

I'm also proud of the the Kevin and Russell ones. That is all some hot glue, felt, feathers, and 3 days worth of too much free time when I got my wisdom teeth out LOL

Does Disney trip planning stress anyone else out?

We've opted to not renew our Disneyland passes this year (first time since 1994 I'll not be a passholder - what!?) due to cost, but determined that the WDW annual pass makes more sense for us since we're going a few times over the next year. With 13 months (instead of 12), we're essentially prepaying next year's trip. What.

So... I found a great deal on Parksavers. $419 for a 7 day magic your way ticket, savings of $50. Looks like we'll be paying the difference of about $350 per person to essentially save for next year. The parking costs alone make up for the difference. Just waiting for my confirmation code to arrive via email so I can add it to MDE and get the party started. B gets his ticket a few days from now - wanted to see how this worked with one person first. :P

Does Disney trip planning stress anyone else out?

We've opted to not renew our Disneyland passes this year (first time since 1994 I'll not be a passholder - what!?) due to cost, but determined that the WDW annual pass makes more sense for us since we're going a few times over the next year. With 13 months (instead of 12), we're essentially prepaying next year's trip. What.

So... I found a great deal on Parksavers. $419 for a 7 day magic your way ticket, savings of $50. Looks like we'll be paying the difference of about $350 per person to essentially save for next year. The parking costs alone make up for the difference. Just waiting for my confirmation code to arrive via email so I can add it to MDE and get the party started. B gets his ticket a few days from now - wanted to see how this worked with one person first. :P

I usually don't stress too much. I do stress more when I am in full on planning mode and my husband doesn't answer me quick enough. I do most of the planning while we are at work. I get two 15 minute breaks and an hour lunch. He doesn't take any breaks. So it is really my fault for bugging him at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!