• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot Strategy

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
I'll be at WDW for a conference and I'm going to get a 1 day PH. I'm planning to start my day at Epcot and stay for about half of a day. I won't have Genie Plus. I'm hoping to ride SE, Soarin, The Land, Remy, and Frozen. I'll be by myself and can walk at a pretty good pace. I haven't been there since Remy opened. What's the best strategy? Remy at RD?

And, is GoG virtual queue only? Do I have a decent chance of getting one? Is this like the RoR virtual queue where you need to watch youtube videos, shut off your wi-fi, practice, burn sage and pray to the gods to ride?

Thanks!

I think depending on which gate you are entering either Frozen or Remy first would be the way to go followed by the other. Are you staying on site and using early entry? They've been doing a single rider for Soarin lately which should help your timing on the rides.

As of right now GOTG is virtual queue only, it is much easier then rise was to get, the morning drop is still competitive but the 1PM drop tends to be easier to get. Where are you park hoping to? Would you come back to Epcot to ride GOTG if your time was called later in the day? You could also buy an ILL if you wanted to pick a time to ride.

Of course depending on exactly when you are going things could be different.

I'll be staying at DS. I'm not sure yet if I'll be doing early entry. Good do know about single rider for Soarin! Thank you.

I'm planning to park hop to AK for just a few hours, then back to Epcot for the evening. So, I could definitely do GOTG later in the day. Also good to know that I can purchase just an ILL for that ride. Thanks for the help!

Remy and Frozen both fill up fast. Here's what I suggest.

- Park at Hollywood Studios in the morning and walk to the International Gateway entrance of EPCOT. Rope drop Remy from that side of the park. If you rope drop Remy from the main gate, it will already be full with guests who rope dropped from International Gateway.
- Immediately head to Frozen once finished.
- From there, head to Soarin'
- Spaceship Earth on the way out. Grab your GoTG 2 PM boarding group prior to exiting/park hopping to AK. Your boarding group will likely be for later that evening.
- Bus to Animal Kingdom

As of right now they've been letting people return to GOTG anytime after your boarding group has been called. That could work well since you are planning on hopping to AK then back to Epcot. I would of check in the GOTG VQ thread right before my trip to make sure that is still the case.

FYI I walked by Soarin’ today around 11:30. It had a posted wait time of 50 minutes and was not running Single Rider, nor they know if they would be running it today at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter