Epcot Rumors...

Not to be the one that drags this all down...but the original rumor is barely even a rumor. It mentions a "mystery project" for Epcot in 2015. Beyond that, every other comment in the story is speculation by the author's part.

Not only could that be ANYTHING at all, in could be practically NOTHING. It could be a new exhibit in innovations. It could be a overhaul of Electric Umbrella.

The one thing I think we can be pretty certain is in not a NEW pavillion or country in world showcase. These things take much longer than 2 years, so anything in that regard would not be coming in 2015.

skierPete

P.S. I am all for Epcot getting some love. I didn't understand the overall for Test Track, when there is so much in that park that desparately needs attention. I'm just saying let's not get too excited over this comment.

It takes Disney more than two years to build a bathroom these days. Construction schedules are very measured.

I see the same silliness repeated thread after thread around here...more money thrown into WDW at this point makes no sense...from THEIR perspective.

we keep showing up no matter what they do or don't do...so why not save the money?

I'm actually thankful they've bothered to announce renovations to PI...
but i know my limits: new big things in EPCOT, carsland, star wars land...

they're all fools errand in Orlando right now. it doesn't make sense.

The new test track was a big mistake. Yes it needed some updates and a good cleanup but the money they wasted was just that, wasted. They ruined what they had. They need to update word of energy. One big draw back is the time to go through the attraction.

Surely Chevrolet would have paid a substantial portion of this to change the sponsorship? I agree (not having experienced the new ride yet, we arrive in 12 days) I think it was gravely in need of an upgrade and maintenance, but wish they'd kept with the original concept.

in regards to another country, surely they couldn't put a country pavilion on the old body wars site? thats no where near WS? :confused3

I do realise this is all speculation at the moment, EPCOT is my favourite park :love: even though over the years its cobbled together a mish mash of attractions that bear no relevance to each other, but they are NEVER going to have 4 "perfect"parks unless they bulldoze everything as start from scratch again :scared1: x

I don't think Disney cares too much about what would "fit" at Epcot. They've been trying to undo the original mission/purpose of the park for years. They aren't able, or at least aren't willing, to try to maintain any of that. To them, Future World is just a generic theme park area, while World Showcase is a place they have eating and drinking festivities. No part of that place is really trying to be what it was once promised to be and Disney doesn't mind.
~Yes! Very well said, Tekneek! I totally agree & I wouldn't mind if Disney abandoned the whole "Future World' theme in Epcot altogether.

~Disney if you are reading, please bring OZ to Epcot. I will suggest this every single time. I loved the Land of Oz garden, so don't stop there, keep going!!! :goodvibes

Not to be the one that drags this all down...but the original rumor is barely even a rumor. It mentions a "mystery project" for Epcot in 2015. Beyond that, every other comment in the story is speculation by the author's part.

Not only could that be ANYTHING at all, in could be practically NOTHING. It could be a new exhibit in innovations. It could be a overhaul of Electric Umbrella.

The one thing I think we can be pretty certain is in not a NEW pavillion or country in world showcase. These things take much longer than 2 years, so anything in that regard would not be coming in 2015.

skierPete

P.S. I am all for Epcot getting some love. I didn't understand the overall for Test Track, when there is so much in that park that desparately needs attention. I'm just saying let's not get too excited over this comment.
~Thanks for being the voice of reason & for putting things into perspective. It's just fun to dream a little, even if it's "impossible." :wizard: :goodvibes

Agree. Not to pick on Universal but they are much more aggressive in that area...and it's very hit-or-miss.

Does anyone really care about properties like Jurassic Park, The Mummy, Shrek or ET anymore? They are fine films in their own way, but JP, Mummy and Shrek are franchises that were run into the ground while ET has lain fallow for 30 years now.

This is an excellent point. My brother and I were just discussing this today actually. The ET ride at Universal is so dated that it is laughable and T2 is just as comical now. The Mummy and Jurassic Park are good rides so we can ignore how old it is now.

We were discussing the virtues of AvatarLand vs. StarWars Land. Starwars land makes sense. It has a huge following and at this point the fandom has endured for decades. Things like Toy Story and Cars are good investments because people keep watching children's movies. My dd still watches movies that I saw as a child so Alice in Wonderland, the Lion King etc, are still relevant. I see no reason to invest tons of money in something like Ozland. Even right now, I look at Harry Potter in Universal and everyone is gushing about it but in 15 years will visitors still find it to be relevant or will they look at like I did when I rode ET recently?

I don't know what's going on with Epcot. It's like they've forgotten to make the Future enjoyable.

Disney needs to get back to building experiences rather than just rides. Building rides worthy of making a movie out of, not a movie that then becomes a ride.

I think then we could get excited about long term legacy of rides. Until then, I'm in LockedOutLogic's camp on this one.

It wasn't a compliment to Disney when I talked about their abdication of the mission/purpose behind Epcot. It was more like an indictment of Disney leadership/WDI.

they should add an overlay to Spaceship Earth to make it look like the Death Star during Star Wars weekends

I hope whatever is new will be more than just a new restaurant in Morroco. Not that I don't like this idea, I'm just hoping for something a little more exciting.

While I was on my lunch break I read a news story regarding a new waterfront restaurant at the Morocco Pavilion. Could this be the answer the the rumor mill?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter