Epcot Fife & Drum Question

costpenn

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know how they go about selecting the kids that will be in the Fife & Drum ceremony outside of The American Adventure? My kids are really into history and would like to be in it if possible. Thanks!!

Costpenn - My son has taken part in this twice.

We were there after the fife and drum group ended it's session and my son desperately wanted his picture with them. (we has then 6) They were more than happy to do so and my DH, who is ex-military and very inquisitive started asking questions. "How did you get this job? what did you do before? How often do you run this program? " The folks in the group were all very pleased to be answering questions (at least they appeared to be) and the master of arms (or whoever he is) had a fascinating tale. (Very knowledgeable individual with an impressive past.)

He invited my son to come back to the gate to the left of the American Adventure pavilion about 10 min before the next show. (he gave us the time) He gave DS instructions on what to do, they performed the cerimony and proclaimed him a Son of Libery. Of course i got all drippy eyed! (We have the picture framed on his wall along with the This Moment is Certifiably Magical Certificate and copy of the Declaration of Independance they presented him with.
We returned in June of this year and the guy actually remembered him and invited him to partisipate again!!! (on the first trip DS had a bad limp and had explained to the group that he has just gotten out of a body cast. - His story must have stuck with them.)

I don't think you can prearrange it, but it never hurts to ask.

Good Luck

- lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter