EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb question regarding the Broadway concerts. The date we will be in Epcot, the two performers are both from Lion King on Broadway. Should I assume they will perform primarily (exclusively?) songs from Lion King, or will they perform a variety of songs? Thanks!

This is my first year ever attending the event and I’m so excited! I actually set aside an entire day to explore what they have to offer/eat/see! Any highlights from previous years I should look out for?

I don’t think the dining package is necessary unless you want really close seats. I went the first year they held it and heard from other festivals that people line up hours in advance so that’s what I did and that was totally not needed. Last year I had an ap so got the wrist band and showed up 15 minutes early and the whole back half was empty. Last year it was really cold so the weather may affect the crowds.

Hi! So, I'm new to the whole AP thing (just upgraded to one in Dec). Can you explain the wrist band you got?

Thanks!

We're retiring this Spring and we decided to spend the month of Feb in the Disney area starting in 2020, we just booked a villa in Thousands Oaks 2 days ago. We had no idea this or anything else special was going on this time of year and we're pleasantly surprised to say the least. Grateful to have this thread to bring us up to speed, we're regulars at F&W and we've done F&G 2 or 3 times so now we've got this to look forward to.

Bill From PA

Dumb question regarding the Broadway concerts. The date we will be in Epcot, the two performers are both from Lion King on Broadway. Should I assume they will perform primarily (exclusively?) songs from Lion King, or will they perform a variety of songs? Thanks!
Hey there! We saw this performance last year and they did a variety of Disney Broadway songs, but focused on the Lion King :)

Hey there! We saw this performance last year and they did a variety of Disney Broadway songs, but focused on the Lion King :)

That’s what I figured - darn - wish we were going to be there when “Belle” is performing. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite! But thanks for the information.

That’s what I figured - darn - wish we were going to be there when “Belle” is performing. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite! But thanks for the information.
You're welcome!

I was also bummed that they were on the list for my dates last year (originally it was someone else that I really want to see - Kara Lindsay - but they had to cancel hers) but they ended up being absolutely phenomenal. I know it's a bummer when we can't see our favorites but everyone they pick for these performances are so super talented and put on a great show. You'll have an awesome time!

Hi! So, I'm new to the whole AP thing (just upgraded to one in Dec). Can you explain the wrist band you got?

Thanks!

I’m not sure if they are doing it again this year but I believe last year in the American adventure building (I think that’s what it’s called) they passed out wrist bands. Before the show there was two lines- one for general admission and one for ap and dining packages. I got there 15 minutes before show time and they had already let people in.

Super first-time question that just occurred to me while looking at the passport: Can you purchase the snacks at the festival booths with your Magic Band? I know you can anywhere else but wanted to be sure of the process for temporary vendors.

Super first-time question that just occurred to me while looking at the passport: Can you purchase the snacks at the festival booths with your Magic Band? I know you can anywhere else but wanted to be sure of the process for temporary vendors.

Yep. Usually a good use of a snack credit as well.

Anybody know if this event offers a gift to AP holders as was the case for F&W? Search didn't help me answer this.

Bill From PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter