"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

And the shrimp, chicken, steak! Our “cousin” was hilarious (each table had a different server), and we ended up giving Steve a whole skewer of shrimp! Which Steve totally finished! (Oh, and we have another #SuLynnEmojiFace!)

Hahaha Chunkymojis are taking over the world by storm!

7gNT6Ef.jpg

Steve on Steve! I love it!

Love this picture! I'm glad you got pictures and video of their birthday at Ohana!
And the lovely bread pudding (We didn’t pour the caramel sauce over this one because apparently @chunkymonkey has no taste and doesn’t like it, so instead we poured the sauce over each of our individual chunks!)
For the record I do like it but I am a purist and like the sauce on the side.
8-)
@docsoliday1 also brought his homemade cheesecake – I’m not a huge cheesecake fan, so decided to save stomach room for the bread pudding, but I heard it was delicious!
It was quite delicious! I'm not even a huge fan of cheesecake but it's probably because I've not had Doc's before!
And here was the origin of this Trip Report title – as our cousin is shoveling shrimp onto Su-Queen's plate he looks at both of us, very solemn, and says – “Enjoy these moments, they are precious”. It was just hilarious!
LOL, it was a serious matter...Ohana shrimp cannot be taken lightly.
I also ordered a drink – I think the Cascadia Sangria Cocktail – Zodiac Black Cherry Vodka, fresh Lime Juice and Orange Juice topped with Columbia Crest H3 Merlot. (I basically asked the waitress for something fruity that didn’t have a strong alcohol taste, so this is what she recommended. It was actually very good.

yVIt83C.jpg
I think I had this too and it was good!

Sounds like a nice time together at the pool!

You ladies looked so lovely for dinner :)

What a thoughtful gift from Jenn!

You all really took over Ohana! The pics really show what a blast you all were having!

Sounds like a fantastic evening!!

The VIP Evac Tour!
Yes! That would be awesome! They should just have me develop tours for WDW!
That would've been nice to have some company for a change. :)
Yeah - normally it's just me with my thoughts and feeling uncomfortable being alone! I mean, that doesn't stop me, but I don't end up spending as much time as I thought I would. Here, the time zoomed by before we had to leave!
Very nice! And very generous!
It was soooo lovely!
Ah you all look so pretty in your dresses!
I never wear dresses in normal life, so when given a chance, I'll take it!
Oh my gosh all the sweet little gifts and personal touches from everyone are really amazing. I'm really feeling the Dislove!
It really was awesome!
YES the sides are absolutely the best part. I could eat those dumplings and chicken wing things 24/7

What a fun big group dinner, and a great way to cap the night off by some entertainment on a boat and yummy drinks with new friends :)
Yup - a totally fun night!
This was such a fun dinner, I love the potstickers and noodles yum!!

Our waiter was a hoot!

Steve is the shrimp champion!
It was an awesome time!
Oh my goodness, this meal looked so fantastic and fun! I'm absolutely blown away by those beautiful quilts. What works of art! Incredibly well-deserved for all the hard work that you and Su-Lynn put in!
The quilts were just amazing!

Okay, I have to fess up... I teared up reading about the EPIC Poly dinner! I think it's so amazing that Disney and the DISboards were able to bring so many people together! The great gifts, the great Cousin, the great food and the great friends... it looks like that was a really fun and special evening. I'm so glad you guys got to share this experience together!

(Cascadia Sangria Cocktail looks great, too. I will keep an eye out for that before we grab dinner at Artist Point this year!)
Aww, that's sweet! It's funny - when you become an adult it feels so hard to make new friends. Apparently all you have to do is join a message board, write about your vacations, connect with other people, and plan a trip together, and you become awesome friends!
This is amazing, I totally would have teared up too!
Yup!
What??? How can anybody not like caramel sauce? Although I do prefer the Banana Foster sauce they used to have.
I never got to try it that way!
See Canadians are always the best! I know you told me before, but did you go to McGill or Concordia?
I went to McGill. My mom went there (she grew up in Vancouver), so that's how I knew about it. I didn't think I'd end up there, but I went ahead and applied and the price ended up being significantly cheaper than anything else I considered.
This was perfection! I watched your clip and started getting choked up just imagining the experience of being on the boat watching that. Yes, I am a sap and HEA gets me every time.......
I do love Happily Ever After! We didn't get the full soundtrack on the boat though, which I wish they would do!
Oh, that's how you ended up coming to Canada for university. Would you ever consider living in our glorious north?
I considered it, but I never got a job there and besides, it's too cold! Though, if politics keep going the way they are, we may end up leaving in protest!
O'Hana looked like it was so much fun!!! So happy you all were able to come by GP to finish the party that night!!!
Yeah - we had to crash your hangout!
Floating in the pool was a nice way to relax and it was nice to have other adults to talk to for once!

It looks like you guys had a great time at Ohana!
It was fun getting to hang out there!

Those quilts are incredible! All the time that must have gone into making them... what a special reminder of your trip!
I know! I was so stunned!
Lesley, I am enjoying your trip reports so much, I have been reading over all of them lately. You seem to be a woman after my own heart, I tend not to post too much but lurk a lot. I did have to say on this one, those quilts, not sure which one of the lovely DIS ladies made those but oh my, what an amazing talent, that is one thing I would love to learn to do is quilting. Also if you are ever planning a trip and need a partner in crime, let me know.
The quilt was gorgeous! If you are ever coming out to Disneyland, feel free to hit me up for a dismeet!
The meal at 'Ohana looked like so much fun! The gifts that everyone made/purchased/brought are great - and oh my, those quilts! What a great memory of the trip!
My quilt is safely tucked away (my cats would have destroyed it otherwise)!
And here I thought this had something to do with Marvel that I know nothing about. My highlights get to my brain some days.
Haha, Hmm, maybe I like that more?
I haven't been to Ohana in over 20 years and was looking forward to it cause I know I could eat my weight in "the good stuff."
I wish more places had the sides available!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I was wondering where that came from
Yup - a random waiter!
That sounds perfect to me. From what I read most people are chased out of Ohana after 25 minutes these days :earboy2:
I think we just had sooo many people and then had the added complication of splitting checks, etc! So no one chased us out at all!
Hey that's me! It was so great meeting you
It was nice to meet you too! Too bad we didn't get to chat more though!
I saw her too and she was totally adorable! But this guy's going to Mama to be comforted is such a sweet story.
He was very sweet!
I didn't know about this photo op!
Yeah - they do an animation too, but I couldn't get the gif to upload correctly!
I know it's a little hike, but tbh, that's the prettiest seating area in the whole park IMHO.
It was very nice and peaceful!
3 of my favorite EPIC Peeps!
Aww, but I'm sure you say that to every Epic girl!
You're welcome! I hope you enjoy them. :)
They are safely tucked away with the quilt! Didn't want my cats to ruin them!

Hahaha Chunkymojis are taking over the world by storm!
Forget Kim-oji! Chunkymojis are the new hot thing!
Love this picture! I'm glad you got pictures and video of their birthday at Ohana!
Yeah - my viewpoint was pretty easy too!
For the record I do like it but I am a purist and like the sauce on the side.
Nope - you gotta pour it all over the bread pudding for it to count!
LOL, it was a serious matter...Ohana shrimp cannot be taken lightly.
Nope! Ohana is a mission - you can't skimp on things!
Sounds like a nice time together at the pool!

You ladies looked so lovely for dinner :)

What a thoughtful gift from Jenn!

You all really took over Ohana! The pics really show what a blast you all were having!

Sounds like a fantastic evening!!
It was a wonderful evening! Just lots of friendship and food!

Jenn made for me and Su-Lynn! She made each of us a custom quilt with photos from various Dismeets and Disney trips! It was sooo amazing, I actually cried a bit! It truly was above and beyond and I’m still in awe of it!
I love those quilts and actually teared up at home when I saw the post on FB. Just so thoughtful of Jen
The Electrical Light Water Pageant! It was actually super fun to boat past those floats!
COOL

I think several of us (me included) weren’t super invested in it (and really, it ended up taking some time out of the VIP tour, so we should have just started the tour after the flyover),

Wait, was that an option? Duh 😆

We took a group photo (should have done it outside, but oh well),

I love this group photo :love: We were finally starting to get loosened up!

As we boarded, I handed my phone to our other tour guide and she was able to take some photos while we were on the ride!

Those are awesome pics, I never saw those before :thumbsup2

While in line, I explained how much I prefer the left/drivers side of the car so always request it – I ask for the “lion side” from CMs, though its more because of the hippos, but don’t want to confuse them… Liesa agreed with me, but Kelly said she likes the right side because it gives a better view of the baobob tree!

uZZJ2wR.jpg
91iI6JV.jpg

I hate those pics, but such a fun memory!

One last group photo

Qr26caj.jpg

:sad1:

Such an amazing day!

Caroline and I used that on TSM, which I had never been on at DHS.

Very fun queue!

gFiwOPv.jpg
8kYY9Pp.jpg
k6uhW50.jpg
0uh81Kh.jpg
1W5k4CM.jpg
1Cvyjo7.jpg
sOiufx0.jpg

I am STUNNED to hear you had never been on TSM. You have been to WDW so many times! Were you just never interested in going?

We got to sit down for the fireworks, which was also cool. And I loved the viewing location – yes, you cant really see the far off fireworks that well, but there are much fewer of those, so you really feel like you are in the center of the action with things exploding all around you! Highly recommend!

huXEOt7.jpg

I miss the old SW fireworks, but looks like you had an amazing view, and it's so nice to be able to sit ::yes::

Afterwards, Caroline and I headed back to YC, where I got a text that Ariella (@StarWarsMomofGirls! ) and her family had finally arrived (Dismeet #17)! I had some surprises for Morgan – it was her birthday weekend. Ariella and I had to coordinate and of course I kept almost running into the girls! Involved a couple times of hiding behind bushes and Ariella distracting the girls to eat outside the room. We were able to collect the balloons and other goodies and set up the room a bit, and once Andy and the girls headed up, I went and hid in the stairwell across from the room! It was fun to hear their surprised voices!

(these are Ariella’s photos)

0rV6uMO.jpg
fgIIreh.jpg

That's sweet. Morgan must've been so surprised!

Another day using Disney transport and it took nearly 40 minutes to finally arrive at AK. Definitely not a fan and Uber has spoiled me; I don’t know how often I will take buses in the future!

f2bVeKS.jpg

I love your shirt 😍

Finally, we headed back upstairs and got cleaned up and headed over to the Polynesian (the three of us decided to splurge on a Minnie Van too)

pJXmKxA.jpg
vG8S4ck.jpg

You girls all look so nice :-)

But nothing could compare to what Jenn made for me and Su-Lynn! She made each of us a custom quilt with photos from various Dismeets and Disney trips! It was sooo amazing, I actually cried a bit! It truly was above and beyond and I’m still in awe of it!

Those were so beautiful. Jen is amazingly talented!

It was a lovely long meal – I think close to 2.5 hrs! That’s what happens when you are in a huge group, but it didn’t bother us as we had no deadline to be elsewhere! I had been here with my mom in February, and it was good, but not amazing. This was amazing! I think it was a combo of food and company! I will be back – probably when I have large groups though (update - we ended up booking it on my upcoming NYE trip, but it will be just 4 of us, no less delicious though!)

I'm still kind of sad I skipped this one :sad2:

When we finally boarded, it was just in time for the end of the fireworks, so we got to watch the finale as we pulled away from the dock!

EHU9z11.jpg
p5yugJz.jpg

Kind of a cool perspective :worship:

I love those quilts and actually teared up at home when I saw the post on FB. Just so thoughtful of Jen
COOL
Yeah, it was definitely gorgeous and so thoughtful!
Wait, was that an option? Duh 😆
I didn’t even think about it until after the tour!
I hate those pics, but such a fun memory!
Haha-well now I’ll always look back on Kelly’s tree!
I am STUNNED to hear you had never been on TSM. You have been to WDW so many times! Were you just never interested in going?
Oh, I’ve ridden it at California Adventure countless times! Just didn’t bother with the WDW version as I wanted to use the FP on something else!
I miss the old SW fireworks, but looks like you had an amazing view, and it's so nice to be able to sit ::yes::
The view and being able to sit was very much appreciated!

(I'm just going to post this now - I was planning on stealing some of Su-Lynn's photos when she posted them, but now I just want to get this TR done!)

Day 8, May the 4th Be With You!

May the 4th be with you! Today was a relatively early wake-up as the goal was to arrive at DHS around opening to check on the May the 4th merchandise. Caroline and Molly left right before me, but we ended up running into each other on the boat dock. The boat that arrived got full up, so rather than wait another 20 minutes or more, we decided just to walk, arriving a few minutes after the park officially opened.

Yfrus13.jpg

Of course, the entrance was a zoo with the merch lines and everything, which wasn’t the most pleasant. I had hoped to maybe get in a ToT ride, but the line was already 45 minutes, so I skipped that and instead just went to buy the May the 4th pin (the small one, not the jumbo, which actually sold out before I got to the register but I wasn’t planning on getting anyways).

KUCmrNZ.jpg

Then I headed over to Star Tours, where I planned on meeting up with various other Epic gals. I think it ended up being 10 of us: my roomies, Su-Lynn’s crew, Bobbi & Sarah, and Jackie & Ariana. Not everyone had fastpasses, but one of my friends (Matt, who came out for SWGE opening weekend) actually works at Star Tours, so the Fastpass people were kind enough to let us all on (in reality I think they would have let us on even if I didn’t know anyone, as only Caroline and Molly didn’t have FPs). But, it was fun because we went to Matt’s gate and Molly and I got to be joint Rebel Spies - I wish we had been taking video or something!

Emshlnx.jpg

Afterwards, the group of us headed for Toy Story Land, where we met up with Ariella and her family. I used my connections again so we all were able to ride together – again, most of us had FPs, so it wasn’t a big issue. But we took up almost a whole Slinky, which was fun! (Of course both of these connections have now moved on to a galaxy far, far away...)

K7UHJDP.jpg
0FlI9tv.jpg

And AGAIN with the Slinky Dog Face! I don’t get it @Steppesister and @paradesintherain!

eLNlyLS.jpg

Oh, and Su-Queen and I rode together and got row 4, for May the 4th!

5geXQlH.jpg

A partial group photo, though I realized we didn’t get to take a photo with Ariella’s girls too!

XEDhpsp.jpg
ZRSdDpR.jpg

Now, it was time for lunch. This ended up just being the Crescent lake crew (Su-Lynn, Steve, Su-Queen, Caroline, Molly, and me), and Ariana & Jackie. Another first for me – Sci Fi Drive In. We ended up taking a full car, with Jackie driving (she said we were all in trouble), but Su-Lynn and Steve were hitchhikers in the car next to us.

gk9uNoG.jpg
1e9KzF4.jpg
uimyor8.jpg
ladc35v.jpg
IDH3eSh.jpg

For food, I got the Oreo shake (it was another very hot/humid day and I wanted something cool), and the American burger. It was delicious! Sooo good! Probably my favorite Disneyworld burger (granted, I haven’t tried that many yet)! [Oh and a funny thing – I didn’t realize the burger came with bacon on it! So when I saw the photo that had bacon I almost called the waitress over. Luckily I checked the menu quickly and realized it was ok!]

ho1JR12.jpg
Lk5AF8A.jpg

I liked the atmosphere, nice and cool and dark and relatively quiet. Well, maybe too quiet… because this happened

U4DwKUs.jpg
gAATfTJ.jpg

Oops!

But I would definitely go back!

Anyways, after food, Caroline and I decided to head back to the room for a break, taking some photopass pics along the way. (I also had a change of shirt to my Flower & Garden shirt.)

7BHPHLR.jpg
2Pn4ZFu.jpg

IRdmGqg.gif

Oh, and we ran into the SW characters getting ready for the “fashion show”

XXmEVK4.jpg
7dN2WIi.jpg
3R0faTU.jpg
nJOSres.jpg

Coming up - more epicness!

So much Star Wars fun!!! I'm glad you got the pin!!!

I'm also glad you liked SFDI! Looks like a really good meal!

The boat that arrived got full up, so rather than wait another 20 minutes or more, we decided just to walk, arriving a few minutes after the park officially opened.
I love the walk to HS from the Yacht Club....just so pretty!
Afterwards, the group of us headed for Toy Story Land, where we met up with Ariella and her family. I used my connections again so we all were able to ride together – again, most of us had FPs, so it wasn’t a big issue. But we took up almost a whole Slinky, which was fun! (Of course both of these connections have now moved on to a galaxy far, far away...)
Perfect!
Now, it was time for lunch. This ended up just being the Crescent lake crew (Su-Lynn, Steve, Su-Queen, Caroline, Molly, and me), and Ariana & Jackie. Another first for me – Sci Fi Drive In. We ended up taking a full car, with Jackie driving (she said we were all in trouble), but Su-Lynn and Steve were hitchhikers in the car next to us.
Sci-Fi is always a great choice!
I liked the atmosphere, nice and cool and dark and relatively quiet. Well, maybe too quiet… because this happened
All those late nights and early mornings were catching up with you!

I have always enjoyed as Sci-Fi diner! It is a fun spot and the burgers are good!

Love the sleeping Lesley picture, haha!

May the 4th was a bit of a dud for SW fans, however, a fun morning for the Epic Disers!

I love everyone's Star Wars outfits!

the small one, not the jumbo, which actually sold out before I got to the register but I wasn’t planning on getting anyways).
Wow they must have not had many at all if they were already sold out!

But, it was fun because we went to Matt’s gate and Molly and I got to be joint Rebel Spies - I wish we had been taking video or something!
What?? I've never heard of two people at once, that's so fun!

I used my connections again so we all were able to ride together
Dang girl you know people

Well, maybe too quiet… because this happened
:rotfl:

:rotfl2:that's totally what it is

So much Star Wars fun!!! I'm glad you got the pin!!!

I'm also glad you liked SFDI! Looks like a really good meal!
It was yummy! I’d definitely go back!
I love the walk to HS from the Yacht Club....just so pretty!
It was nice, though I do have a preference for the AC boat!
All those late nights and early mornings were catching up with you!
Definitely!
I have always enjoyed as Sci-Fi diner! It is a fun spot and the burgers are good!

Love the sleeping Lesley picture, haha!

May the 4th was a bit of a dud for SW fans, however, a fun morning for the Epic Disers!
It did end up being a fun morning. Nothing too SW though. A couple years ago I was at Disneyland and they did some awesome stuff in Tomorrowland. Like trivia contests all afternoon (divided between kid and adult) and this one guy knew everything in the lightning round so it was so exciting! They also did a whole episode of Star Wars Rebels in the theater-which used to be used for Honey I shrunk the Audience-so it was really fun! I wish they would continue to do more like that!
What a great day!!!!
It was fun!
Wow they must have not had many at all if they were already sold out!
Just typical merchandise hawks! I think they had a lot fewer of the jumbo pins anyways.
Dang girl you know people
Haha, honestly most through connections from the Dis!

May the 4th be with you! Today was a relatively early wake-up as the goal was to arrive at DHS around opening
We were not far behind you then.
Not everyone had fastpasses, but one of my friends (Matt, who came out for SWGE opening weekend) actually works at Star Tours, so the Fastpass people were kind enough to let us all on
Nice! Friends in high places.
Molly and I got to be joint Rebel Spies
No way! So cool! So many want this... so few get it.
But we took up almost a whole Slinky, which was fun!
:) I bet that was!
(Of course both of these connections have now moved on to a galaxy far, far away...)
Universal?

:duck:
And AGAIN with the Slinky Dog Face! I don’t get it @Steppesister and @paradesintherain!
:laughing:
Another first for me – Sci Fi Drive In. We ended up taking a full car,
Really! Glad you enjoyed it... maybe too much?
with Jackie driving (she said we were all in trouble),
For food, I got the Oreo shake (it was another very hot/humid day and I wanted something cool), and the American burger. It was delicious! Sooo good!
Good to know! I haven't been back there in ages. Maybe it's time.
Awwwww… poor tuckered out Lesley.
Anyways, after food, Caroline and I decided to head back to the room for a break, taking some photopass pics along the way.
Like that Tink one. :)

and @docsoliday1 also showed up – I barely got to chat with him though as he was at the other end of the table! It was time for our huge EPIC dinner! I think we ended up having 28 of us and took over 3 tables!
Yeah, that's what stunk for me...so many people I'd chatted with on the boards, but so little time and too spread out.
Also, since I wasn't one of the girls or their husband, I felt a little awkward, but @chunkymonkey assured me it was okay.

But nothing could compare to what Jenn made for me and Su-Lynn! She made each of us a custom quilt with photos from various Dismeets and Disney trips! It was sooo amazing, I actually cried a bit! It truly was above and beyond.
That is sooooo cool!!!! I didn't see that.

The boat that arrived got full up, so rather than wait another 20 minutes or more, we decided just to walk, arriving a few minutes after the park officially opened.

How did you find the walk? I don't think we'll attempt it from Beach Club in August, but it's a great option to have!

not the jumbo, which actually sold out before I got to the register

Oh my goodness, crazy!! Though I'm not surprised. Pin people are crazy! And so are the people who buy their max for every highly sought-after pin, and then sell them marked way up on Ebay. (The former I don't mind. The latter bug me.)

Then I headed over to Star Tours, where I planned on meeting up with various other Epic gals. I think it ended up being 10 of us: my roomies, Su-Lynn’s crew, Bobbi & Sarah, and Jackie & Ariana.

So fun!

the Fastpass people were kind enough to let us all on (in reality I think they would have let us on even if I didn’t know anyone, as only Caroline and Molly didn’t have FPs).

Awesome! Nice that you've got friends in high places!

I think you're probably right though. I mean, I know it's never guaranteed or anything. But I'm pretty sure I read somewhere about CMs at least at some locations being trained that if a group comes and they don't all have FPs and they are kind and ask politely, to let them all through. :confused3

But, it was fun because we went to Matt’s gate and Molly and I got to be joint Rebel Spies

Awesome!! Nothing like a little Star Tours pixie dust :)

But we took up almost a whole Slinky, which was fun!

That's so funny and awesome!

eLNlyLS.jpg

For food, I got the Oreo shake (it was another very hot/humid day and I wanted something cool), and the American burger. It was delicious! Sooo good! Probably my favorite Disneyworld burger (granted, I haven’t tried that many yet)!

Yum! Nathan's never been either, and it's been probably 6+ years for me, so now I know what to tell Nathan to order when we go in December!

Well, maybe too quiet… because this happened

U4DwKUs.jpg

Woops! :rotfl: Easy to do at Disney. We've all been there. It's cool...it's dark...you're not sleeping enough and playing a little too hard...💤

LOL "fashion show" is my new favourite description of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter