• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

End of Park Reservations?

In every Universal I’ve bern asked to do, they ask several questions about whether you find Disney or Universal more “convenient”, “spontaneous”, etc. Hopefully, that information gets to the powers that be at Disney

.................................................................................................

Park Hopping has always been an extra charge.
He meant an extra charge on TOP of the regular park hopper price to be able to hop at any time of day. I wish that hadn't been spoken into the Universe actually. Not a chance that it won't happen. If there's a dollar involved....it's coming.

He meant an extra charge on TOP of the regular park hopper price to be able to hop at any time of day. I wish that hadn't been spoken into the Universe actually. Not a chance that it won't happen. If there's a dollar involved....it's coming.
Don't you love that moment where they used up all their upcharge ideas and accidentally try to layer on a second charge?

"Hey! Let's charge to make a park hopping reservation!"......... Oh wait. We already charge for that. Dang! Foiled again!

FWIW, I disagree. They will do a lot of things. They won't do this. I can see them raising the price of hopping and moving the 2 PM slot back at some point though.

Don't you love that moment where they used up all their upcharge ideas and accidentally try to layer on a second charge?

"Hey! Let's charge to make a park hopping reservation!"......... Oh wait. We already charge for that. Dang! Foiled again!

FWIW, I disagree. They will do a lot of things. They won't do this. I can see them raising the price of hopping and moving the 2 PM slot back at some point though.
At this point you seriously can't imagine Disney saying, $75 per day extra for after 2pm park hopping. $100 per day extra for "Anytime" park hopping? You have way more faith in the company than I do lol. Nothing would surprise me at this point when it comes to Disney upcharging.

And then there are other things that don’t make any sense now. Why not charge us for an actual better experience like a fireworks view LLIA. Make it $50. I mean at this point, Enchantment+

I think there's a strong chance we'll see this in the next year or so. There's a constant push to keep monetizing year over year. As Disney runs out of ideas this is just staring them in the face like charging resort guests for parking

Just charge at all the magic band or phone pay touch points for basically everything.

Park hop at 12? Just tap in for $25 extra. 1pm? $20. Fireworks only? That will be $5.

At this point you seriously can't imagine Disney saying, $75 per day extra for after 2pm park hopping. $100 per day extra for "Anytime" park hopping? You have way more faith in the company than I do lol. Nothing would surprise me at this point when it comes to Disney upcharging.
I think it's all about marketing, Disney would most likely add a new category, and name is something like "Passport to the World", and then mark it up and allow all day park hopping

I think it's all about marketing, Disney would most likely add a new category, and name is something like "Passport to the World", and then mark it up and allow all day park hopping
Oh I 100% agree that they would put a shiny wrapper around it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter