EMH and breakfast question

MommyofTwinks

Mouseketeer
i pre-ordered my unofficial guide to WDW! :) comes in at the end of august.

UNTIL THEN, lol - i want to get organized!
i read somewhere online that whatever park has EMH that particular day, to make their character breakfasts reservations there (at that resort) on that day. this way, you can get in extra early, eat and be on your way.

is that good advice?

That's subjective.EMH are EARLY... So having breakfast even earlier than that to be in the park for the bulk of your extra hour is sometimes hard on little ones. Depends on what Time your family normally eats/wakes! It's just as good a plan to make early reservations on a non EMH day, and may actually be less busy first thing since others will be at another park taking advantage of the extra hour.

Do they even do reservations that early?

I've heard many people who will do breakfast before the park opens on a non-EMH day. They have reservations for around 8am and are done with their meal by the time the park opens.

In order to do this for an EMH day, your reservation would have to be at 7 (if you were eating in a park, much earlier if you were eating at a resort). I know my family would not be at the bus stop before 6am to get to breakfast and I don't know how much we would actually eat that early.

We prefer to eat something quick in the room/on the way to the bus stop on EMH mornings and then eat around 10:30.

i pre-ordered my unofficial guide to WDW! :) comes in at the end of august.

UNTIL THEN, lol - i want to get organized!
i read somewhere online that whatever park has EMH that particular day, to make their character breakfasts reservations there (at that resort) on that day. this way, you can get in extra early, eat and be on your way.

is that good advice?

As a poster previously stated the kids will be a little angry since in theory they shouldnt get coffee that early!! lol
Even if you do get in to early breakfast and finish before the EMH start, you still cant go walking around the park until rope happens. So is it worth it? It is to get your pictures taken next to the castle with an empty park!

I disagree with this. I think that you should make reservations for breakfasts at restaurants that are open BEFORE the park opens, and not on EMH days.

For example, Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Royal Table at Magic Kingdom and Donald's Safari Breakfast at Animal Kingdom have their first reservations at 8 am, even though the parks don't open until 9 am. You can go into the park about 15 minutes before your reservation time and get some great pictures of your family alone in front of the castle or whatever before you have breakfast. Also, each meal at the restaurants that are open early is a sit-down meal, meaning it will take at least an hour to get through eating, waiting for your bill, and having all of the characters come visit your table.

EMH days are busy...I wouldn't spend my extra time eating. Those are the best times to ride the popular rides!

I agree that on NON-EMH am's do a 8:00 or earlier ADR inside the park you wish to visit that day. You are in the park before it opens and ready to make a dash for your FP or rides of whatever. If you do EMH, I suggest a quick ceral bar in the room and be at the 8:00 rope drop to enjoy the least crowded part of the day. Make a late breakfast ADR about 10:30 or so when crowds are starting to build and you are getting hungry.

We do this each trip. I chose a non EMH park and get a reservation as close to 8:00am as possible. Since most are buffets, ask for your check when you arrive. You will be able to take care of it while you eat and not have to wait for the server to bring it to you after you are finished.

great adivce. i changed all my reservations on my notes. : ) i will be going to breakfasts at the park on NON EMH DAYS! TY!:cool1:

Also, pick one of the three other parks.
The ones that do NOT have pm EMH should be less crowded that day.
Or the one that had EMH the day before or day after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter