Elizabeth and Joshua's 1/13/10 Shades of Green Planning Journal ~Some Pictures Posted

So I really need to buckle down and hire someone to marry us :lmao: I just can't seem to do this for some reason. I think I am going to go with affordable Orlando weddings, has anyone worked with them??

Flowers: I am thinking just simple roses, but I am afraid white ones would look odd against my ivory dress? DF will be in uniform, same one as in the intro pic minus the cord (blue thing over his shoulder)

Cake: My sister really wants us to have a cake that day, I just have no idea what the heck I want to do with this, but it needs to be super small!!!

Photos: Got a bit scared this week after a thread I saw on Mr. Chapman's work, he didn't charge my card for over a week after I sent the contracts back in, but when I called his wife she said they had them and I was all set. The charges have since shown up, so I am no longer panicking about that. I hadn't planned on getting a photographer, and called him on a whim, and in the last week all the family has been saying how excited they are to see pictures, so I guess it is a good thing I did that!

Dinner that night: we got into California Grill, about an hour before Wishes. I am so excited for this to be our wedding dinner!!!

Nitrostitch tell me all about what you are doing!!!!

Aww yay a SOG PJ I am intrested to see how it all works. I love the dress. Don't worry about the not having everything done I am currently a college student and I am having a DFTW and still don't have everything done for my december wedding. Anyway goodluck and congrats on the california grill dinner that will be great!

Thanks Rebbecca! What do you have left to do?

Well I did a lot of buying and paying all my vendors this weekend so the list is a lot shorter...but I still haven't decided on a veil for sure or anything with hair. I also need to send out my announcements for my reception in January...oh and I have yet to find a dress for my 2 yr old flower girl...and I think that is it but I am sure I am forgetting a few things.

Yay for another Maine bride!! :cool1: I'm assuming southern Maine, because no DISBride in her right mind would be stuck up here! lol

That dress is just gorgeous on you!! I love the look on your face when you tried it on - it was truly the one! :lovestrucBut I'm trying to picture white roses with it though, and I'm not sure about that. I think we have a floral inspiration thread hidden around here somewhere - maybe look through those and see what you come up with. :thumbsup2

So I really need to buckle down and hire someone to marry us :lmao: I just can't seem to do this for some reason. I think I am going to go with affordable Orlando weddings, has anyone worked with them??

Flowers: I am thinking just simple roses, but I am afraid white ones would look odd against my ivory dress? DF will be in uniform, same one as in the intro pic minus the cord (blue thing over his shoulder)

Cake: My sister really wants us to have a cake that day, I just have no idea what the heck I want to do with this, but it needs to be super small!!!

Dinner that night: we got into California Grill, about an hour before Wishes. I am so excited for this to be our wedding dinner!!!

Nitrostitch tell me all about what you are doing!!!!

I love your plans so far! Cali Grill is such a perfect place for a wedding dinner, and you'll love watching Wishes from there.

We're using Rev. Tim Herring to marry us, and it's just my fiance and I, with my best friend as our photographer (she's great!). We're currently scheduled to eat at Kona Cafe mid-afternoon (leaving time for pictures at SoG) but may change to Mangino's at SoG if it is scheduled to be open during the needed hours. For the evening, we'll be changing into park appropriate attire and heading to MVMCP, since that party was important in the start of our relationship.

My fiance is wearing his Air Force dress blues, and I made my own bouquet from pink silk roses with a few hidden Mickeys from Swarovski crystal beads from Michael's. I thought of doing a holiday-themed bouquet, but kept leaning toward the beautiful pink bouquets I saw in a lot of the inspiration photos. It seemed like I saw a lot of pink bouquets with the uniform combo, so I think that'll go together nicely (I hope).

We plan on getting a mini cake from Publix, since even fairly small cakes feed a TON of people. The mini cake should just about be the right size and is inexpensive and pretty. They make mini cakes in many of the same designs as their regular wedding cakes. http://www.publix.com/food/catalog/Bakery/WeddingSpecialOccasion/Home.do I know DFTW brides can order mini cakes that are really adorable, but I'm not sure if they'll do a cake for a SoG bride. Since we found the Publix option, I haven't checked.

MegKate welcome!! Thanks for joining in the fun, and no I am not too far south:lmao:

Nitrostitch, you are my HERO right now with those mini cakes. My sister had mentioned getting one there but I was afraid they would be too big (grocery store cakes tend to be HUGE!) Are you getting married in the garden gazebo or inside? It sounds like we are doing things alot alike. I would love to see pictures of your dress if you feel like it :)

Nitrostitch, you are my HERO right now with those mini cakes. My sister had mentioned getting one there but I was afraid they would be too big (grocery store cakes tend to be HUGE!) Are you getting married in the garden gazebo or inside? It sounds like we are doing things alot alike. I would love to see pictures of your dress if you feel like it :)

Oh, yay! I'm so glad I was able to help with the mini cakes. We were shocked at how big most cakes were and didn't just want to do a plain 8" round cake that would look like a birthday cake. The mini cakes were perfect for look and size. Now we just have to settle on one design... :rotfl:

We're getting married in the garden gazebo, so we're hoping that weather is cooperative for that day!

Since my fiance occasionally visits this board, I've been reluctant to post a picture of my dress, but it's a David's Bridal dress and here's a link if you're curious... http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49995489&currentIdx=7&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49998998%7c-49995489&catentryId=6096947&sort= No gloves, but I am doing the tiara. :bride:

Your dress is AMAZING!!! I am so excited for you. How are you doing your ceremony, I just feel like it will be a little awkward where we won't have guest and all that.....

Your dress is AMAZING!!! I am so excited for you. How are you doing your ceremony, I just feel like it will be a little awkward where we won't have guest and all that.....

Awww, thank you! I still need to get my dress bustled, and that's one of those "running out of time" things. I'm even thinking of having it bustled the whole time, since the gazebo is a hike from the buildings and the satin train is rather heavy and longer than I wanted. Since it's also very plain, I don't feel like I'd miss any pretty train detail by having it down. It depends on what the tailor can do with it. To be continued... :laughing:

It may be a little weird to get married with no guests, but as Rev. Tim pointed out, it really is about the two of you and the vows you're making to each other on that day. It would be wonderful to share the day with the supportive people that love you, and you'll have that big wedding to share with everyone later on, but for now, it's all about your union with the man you love. :love:

It has been strange not doing invitations or goodie bags or centerpieces or other things everyone else is doing for their weddings, but I definitely wouldn't have time to add all that to the list of things to do, and it does help the budget considerably. (Keeping costs down was a major consideration for us in planning to have such a tiny wedding.)

So I had sent an email to Donnakay at affordable Orlando Weddings last week on the 4th, I hadn't heard back, so I resent it with a note saying I was hoping to hear from them. Not even an hour later Rev. Jimmy called me and we started talking about what I could do to put my ceremony together :cool1:. He seems very nice, I am excited to be working with him.

Now the hard part. I don't know exactly what we want our ceremony to look like!

Checking back in, I'd love to see the bouquet.

Have fun planning what you want for your day! How exciting that you get exactly what you want for the two of you and not have to go through so much drama pleasing everyone else!

Hi Hollybearsmom! I think I might have my heart set on Calla Lilies.... Let me see if I can find the picture of what I liked.....

Everything sounds really good so far. I'm sure it might seem weird to get married just the two of you, but it many ways it brings the focus back on you two and the commitment vs. a big shindig! I think it's really sweet.

Hello! i just want to let you know that..

WE HAVE THE SAME WEDDING DAY! WOOT WOOT!

haha, everything looks great so far..love the dress :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter