electic scooter

Jackson's grammie

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about ordering an electric scooter for our trip to Alaska. The company will deliver to the ship and pick up. Anyone experienced using a scooter on board?

I have not but on our last cruise there was a passenger that had one. It didn't fit inside the stateroom so she just parked it outside her stateroom in the hallway. She didn't seem to have any issues other than it not fitting in the stateroom. (we talked to her one night about it, actually!) :goodvibes

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes the OP is correct, you have to leave it in hall outside your stateroom. There is an electrical plug to plug it in at night to chg the battery. You will find the scooter right next to your room in the hall when you board. I had one twice, and yes, you have to put it as close as possible to the wall because there isn't much space in the hallway. It did save my life getting around the ship though. There is much more information on the disabilities board.
One more thing - we were going to WDW after the cruise and stayed at the AKL and we were permitted (paid the rent of course) to bring the scooter to the AKL. The seat removed easily and the handle bars went down so it fit into the trunk of the car. We just left it with bell services at the AKL when we departed for the airport.
Trust me - it is truly a life saver!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter