Eeek! Possible happy news about Summer travel!

Is it safe for kids to travel though? Even if we're vaccinated, I won't put my kids at risk. These variants are easily caught and transmitted by children. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Debbie Downer and I've already looked at flights in the last 1/2 an hour. But then reality set in. Disney is swarming with people from all over the place. Yes temp checks and masks, but also asymptomatic kids. I'm so torn.
My youngest child is 17 and will be vaccinated so my worries are not the same. It’s too early to know if children will even be allowed to travel unvaccinated , so there are a lot more questions than answers on that front.

As for us , Our plans are to go in January if we can. And this could mean I could see my sister and nephew even sooner !

Travelling with children puts them at risk a lot of the time. This illness is not as much of a risk for children as it is for adults. Taking them on vacation wouldn't be any riskier than sending them back to school.
Wow. This is so true. Never thought of it that way.

Travelling with children puts them at risk a lot of the time. This illness is not as much of a risk for children as it is for adults. Taking them on vacation wouldn't be any riskier than sending them back to school.

Agree.. my two littlest are dual citizens so that will take care of their allowed to go.. will be interesting to see if they need to quarantine .Either way numbers should be a lot lower by Xmas and we are going

Is it safe for kids to travel though? Even if we're vaccinated, I won't put my kids at risk. These variants are easily caught and transmitted by children. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Debbie Downer and I've already looked at flights in the last 1/2 an hour. But then reality set in. Disney is swarming with people from all over the place. Yes temp checks and masks, but also asymptomatic kids. I'm so torn.
We don’t know what the rules will be like for kids yet but if they can travel unvaccinated then we are taking ours IF it’s considered safe where we are going. As for Disney world I feel like it would be one of the safest places to go to. Everyone will be different.
I will be getting the vaccine and so will my husband but right now waiting on more info before deciding if our kids will get it anytime soon. The clinical study group of about 3000 children is not enough to make up my mind but I’ll talk to my pediatrician in August when we go for the kids checkups.

We don’t know what the rules will be like for kids yet but if they can travel unvaccinated then we are taking ours IF it’s considered safe where we are going. As for Disney world I feel like it would be one of the safest places to go to. Everyone will be different.
I will be getting the vaccine and so will my husband but right now waiting on more info before deciding if our kids will get it anytime soon. The clinical study group of about 3000 children is not enough to make up my mind but I’ll talk to my pediatrician in August when we go for the kids checkups.
When are you planning on going?

My youngest won’t be vaccinated by the fall. But everyone in the house would be. If restrictions are lifted for kids as well we will go. He’s at a much lower risk and we would only go if cases are low. I think once the majority of people are vaccinated it will be a much different situation.

I also expect that older kids (12 and up) will be starting to get vaccinated by the end of summer.

We’re ready to book but park capacity and resort availability is so limited already!
You had me panicked for a minute, I had to go and check December as we have a resort reservation but not theme park reservations yet. All of December is still available and most days are in general from August to end of the day with some exceptions in October and November.
I better make up my mind what parks to visit when soon though...

Fingers crossed no quarantine. That will be a sticking point for us.

If we can go away in August it will be hard to decide between going last minute then or keeping October.
:scratchin Hmmm, yes, I wish JT would have directly addressed Covid hotels/mandatory quarantine upon return, at least in the context of those who would be holding the “vaccine passports”.

We currently have nothing booked or even seriously planned; I’ve just not had the heart. But we will take off last-minute just as quickly as the restrictions upon return are lifted.

I’m excited for the expended ages but the clinical study on 12-15 year olds was only with about 2200 participants and so to me personally that’s not enough data YET. My older is turning 12 this year. I will likely wait until his annual check up in August and ask the paediatrician, he said a few months ago not to rush out to get it for kids but absolutely yes for the adults. He was saying it solely based on the available data to date. We have had well over 100 million people adults vaccinated so far but only a very small study on kids. It will be interesting to see what the guidance will be (if any) for kids regarding school, travel, sports etc.
Nonetheless it’s great news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter