• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eeek! Possible happy news about Summer travel!

Not sure now if I just bite the bulletin and book the $500 flight in case prices skyrocket once news is officially out 😬

Fingers crossed no quarantine. That will be a sticking point for us.

If we can go away in August it will be hard to decide between going last minute then or keeping October.
I feel like I want to save some vacation time for very end of the summer for possible last minute travel but yes quarantine would be an issue and I don’t know if we will be fully vaccinated then. We will be in the last group in Ontario.

Is it safe for kids to travel though? Even if we're vaccinated, I won't put my kids at risk. These variants are easily caught and transmitted by children. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Debbie Downer and I've already looked at flights in the last 1/2 an hour. But then reality set in. Disney is swarming with people from all over the place. Yes temp checks and masks, but also asymptomatic kids. I'm so torn.

Is it safe for kids to travel though? Even if we're vaccinated, I won't put my kids at risk. These variants are easily caught and transmitted by children. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Debbie Downer and I've already looked at flights in the last 1/2 an hour. But then reality set in. Disney is swarming with people from all over the place. Yes temp checks and masks, but also asymptomatic kids. I'm so torn.
No word about kids so far. I'm not going with the kids in December (if we are actually able to go) so I can't really add anything of value there. They wont be vaccinated, and we dont even know what the rules will be for those who are not.

Travelling with children puts them at risk a lot of the time. This illness is not as much of a risk for children as it is for adults. Taking them on vacation wouldn't be any riskier than sending them back to school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter