Eeek! Possible happy news about Summer travel!

YUP. Crazy, hey?
I booked the basic fare back in early April. A few days later I changed it for better flight times, and today I changed it again for an entirely different set of dates. All I needed to pay was the difference in fare , but in my case the price worked out to be the same. So easy !

I booked the basic fare back in early April. A few days later I changed it for better flight times, and today I changed it again for an entirely different set of dates. All I needed to pay was the difference in fare , but in my case the price worked out to be the same. So easy !
Just booked my flight 😆 I needed reassurance that it could be done and you gave it to me 😆

BC wants to get 12+ vaccinated with the first dose by the end of June:
https://globalnews.ca/news/7837630/bc-vaccinating-children-12-older/
I'm feeling even MORE optimistic about our Aulani trip in November!! This could mean maybe only one Covid test (for my youngest, who turns 11 in November) to get into Hawaii and come home??? Eeek....maybe I *should* book flights with our WJ credits ;-)

This is such happy news! I am starting to feel optimistic about my August trip......I had been holding out hope and this news makes me feel a bit more confident. Fingers crossed! I have our DVC rooms booked since December, park tickets from last year with all park pass reservations made and plans are forming. :)

Yay! Congrats ! It’s really pretty risk free with this cancellation policy right now. Better to book it now than June 1st and have no recourse!
We really have no idea what's going to happen to flight prices, so even though $500 was high for me, I'd rather lock that price in and change if it goes down, versus not book and have the prices go even higher. It's worry-free with this current policy. Plus, there's one direct flight from YVR straight to MCO that I wanted to get on.

This is such happy news! I am starting to feel optimistic about my August trip......I had been holding out hope and this news makes me feel a bit more confident. Fingers crossed! I have our DVC rooms booked since December, park tickets from last year with all park pass reservations made and plans are forming. :)
I KNOW! There's HOPE on the horizon!!!

Yay! Congrats ! It’s really pretty risk free with this cancellation policy right now. Better to book it now than June 1st and have no recourse!
Ok so I haven't really been following the WJ cancellation policy lately, but with the news 12+ can now get the vaccine, I think I'm ready to book our flights to Hawaii for November in case the prices start to go up. I saw the date of May 30th....? So we have $3400 in WJ credits, if I book by May 30th (NOT a basic ticket) does that mean if we do have to cancel it still goes back to WJ credit? We don't lose it, right?

Ok so I haven't really been following the WJ cancellation policy lately, but with the news 12+ can now get the vaccine, I think I'm ready to book our flights to Hawaii for November in case the prices start to go up. I saw the date of May 30th....? So we have $3400 in WJ credits, if I book by May 30th (NOT a basic ticket) does that mean if we do have to cancel it still goes back to WJ credit? We don't lose it, right?

Yes you would get the credit back.

CORRECT. You'd just get your credits back.

Yes you would get the credit back.
CORRECT. You'd just get your credits back.
Thank you! So then just one more question: our credits currently expire June and July 2022. If we were to book Hawaii and have to cancel, would the expiry date still be the original one or would it be a new one based off the date we cancel the Hawaii flight? Either way I think I'll still book!

Thank you! So then just one more question: our credits currently expire June and July 2022. If we were to book Hawaii and have to cancel, would the expiry date still be the original one or would it be a new one based off the date we cancel the Hawaii flight? Either way I think I'll still book!
That’s the funny thing. If you use them all, I believe they’re extended going forward 😆 Unless they change that.

That’s the funny thing. If you use them all, I believe they’re extended going forward 😆 Unless they change that.
Well this could get interesting because I won't need to use it all for Hawaii (right now for the four of us flights are around $2300). So I'd still have about $1100 left over with the old expiry date and then if I have to cancel (but please no please no please no lol) then I could have $2300ish expiring in late 2023.....ah well, never mind, it will all get used at some point ;-)

Well this could get interesting because I won't need to use it all for Hawaii (right now for the four of us flights are around $2300). So I'd still have about $1100 left over with the old expiry date and then if I have to cancel (but please no please no please no lol) then I could have $2300ish expiring in late 2023.....ah well, never mind, it will all get used at some point ;-)
Yeah, the leftover would have the original expiry date I believe.

Just booked my flight 😆 I needed reassurance that it could be done and you gave it to me 😆
I actually had this exact scenario happen last year when I was still optimistic. Booked flights for Jan 2021 when I saw a good price, and left google flights tracking it. Eventually I got a notification that the flight went down in price, so I cancelled it, the credit showed up immediately in my travel bank, so I used it to book the same flight at a cheaper price. I eventually had to cancel that flight as well. Now I have a flight to NYC in November booked withe the same credit, that I'll hopefully won't have to cancel, but I'm tracking the price to see if it goes down.

You can book a basic ticket with the current WJ cancellation policy. I have booked and changed or cancelled a few basic tickets (a couple of times to get a lower price, as someone mentioned here). Right now, I don't see a reason to book econo, because we get free bags with the WJ credit card anyway. And the basic fare is still under the free cancellation umbrella. And my WJ travel bank credits expiration date has extended too.

You can book a basic ticket with the current WJ cancellation policy. I have booked and changed or cancelled a few basic tickets (a couple of times to get a lower price, as someone mentioned here). Right now, I don't see a reason to book econo, because we get free bags with the WJ credit card anyway. And the basic fare is still under the free cancellation umbrella. And my WJ travel bank credits expiration date has extended too.
Same. We ALWAYS book basic. We're carry-on people anyways, but as WJ card holders, we'd get free luggage if we felt the need to check our bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter