EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked with Ivan from Native Choice and found out that due to the date of our arrival, they need final numbers about two months ahead.

So if you're interested in doing the Chaccoben tour, this is the one we were looking at:

http://www.thenativechoice.com/chacchoben_ruins.php

Send me a pm.

And for the brunch, I need names and reservation numbers of all the interested parties.

Thanks.

Another day closer!

Skoi...

Sent you a PM with our information. Had to do it now before I completely forget. My poor brain is overloaded with work and preparations for the Canada cruise!

Beth

Yay! TA is booking this for us now. We were on the WBPC for May 2013 but this one works better with DH's work schedule.

It will be myself, DH, and 2 kids. DS will be 3 1/2 and DD will be 11 months. I think we have the youngest kids, so far. I'm hoping the kids activities will still be in place for DS, since I don't think these sailings have very many kids.

We were on the Magic last year and had such a wonderful time. I cried when we disembarked. I also cried at dinner that night since eating in a "regular" restaurant after experiencing Disney service is like having a bucket of cold water dumped on you.

We are so excited for a 2-week cruise and for the Canal. We also like the sea days. For excursions, I'm going to look for one or more of the "private beach club" type things to replace Castaway Cay. I also need to read up on the ruins you guys are talking about. DH LOVES that stuff. If there is a place where ancient peoples placed one stone upon another, he wants to go see it. I have gotten sore feet in many countries because of this.

Anyway, I will have to read through the posts and see what all you have going on already. With a newborn and a toddler, I don't always get time to get on here, but I'll be back.

Yay! TA is booking this for us now. We were on the WBPC for May 2013 but this one works better with DH's work schedule.

It will be myself, DH, and 2 kids. DS will be 3 1/2 and DD will be 11 months. I think we have the youngest kids, so far. I'm hoping the kids activities will still be in place for DS, since I don't think these sailings have very many kids.

We were on the Magic last year and had such a wonderful time. I cried when we disembarked. I also cried at dinner that night since eating in a "regular" restaurant after experiencing Disney service is like having a bucket of cold water dumped on you.

We are so excited for a 2-week cruise and for the Canal. We also like the sea days. For excursions, I'm going to look for one or more of the "private beach club" type things to replace Castaway Cay. I also need to read up on the ruins you guys are talking about. DH LOVES that stuff. If there is a place where ancient peoples placed one stone upon another, he wants to go see it. I have gotten sore feet in many countries because of this.

Anyway, I will have to read through the posts and see what all you have going on already. With a newborn and a toddler, I don't always get time to get on here, but I'll be back.

Welcome! I *hope* to be on this cruise:goodvibes Maybe with two wee ones along you will be able to send your dh to the ruins alone:laughing:

My mom and I definitely would like the panama certificates! Please add us to the list!

:banana::banana: 9 months and COUNTING :banana::banana:

However am I going to get through the next nine months :confused3

:banana::banana: 9 months and COUNTING :banana::banana:

However am I going to get through the next nine months :confused3

That's how I feel. Even though we have several big events and some traveling going on, this is what I'm looking forward to.

Urgh- forgot how to multiquote.

Want to say :welcome: to our new shipmates.

And we're interested in the cruise certificates, one for each of us. I found something similar years ago in my father's scrapbook from the '30s.

Welcome to the group! I've added you to our roll call in Post 77. And Post 79 has the special group activites we are currently organizing.

My mom and I definitely would like the panama certificates! Please add us to the list!

And we're interested in the cruise certificates, one for each of us. I found something similar years ago in my father's scrapbook from the '30s.

I've added you to the certificates list in Post 79. Skoi, if you want me to add any names for the brunch or Costa Maya tour, let me know.

I believe we can get these certificates signed by the Captain if we leave them with guest services.

I'm just now reading through the posts. I wanted to share my airfare research. We are in CO, so we need one-way tickets to LAX and then one-ways back from FL. We normally do Southwest Airlines because of the low prices and free bags, but they don't have their December flights or prices posted yet (but will in about a month). Also, you can book a Southwest flight, and then if they have a sale and your itinerary costs less, you can re-book and get a credit with no change fees. Can't beat that!

United has their dates out and I didn't think the prices for the 12/23 flights were horrible. It was about $250 per person for the one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Denver. We can get our bags for free because DH has status on United. So, you don't have to fly from Miami, check Fort Lauderdale, too, and factor in the cost of ground transportation. It's about a 40 min drive, so similar from Orlando to Port Canaveral.

My reason for doing Ft Lauderdale over Miami is that United does not have nonstops from Miami to Denver, and we'd most likely go through O'hare, which is a bad, bad idea in December! We run the risk of spending DD's first Christmas there. Also, if you do choose Southwest, they only fly from Ft Lauderdale, not Miami. I think we will do United and use miles.

We just booked the 11C as a guarantee yesterday. We need two cabins, so I'm not counting on an upgrade. Maybe just two of them nearby on deck 2.

In August of 2010, we booked a 7-day on the Magic for that November and were Cat 11 GTY, 2 staterooms. We not only ended up right next to each other, but got a nice upgrade to large porthole rooms as well! So there is always hope.

I am thinking this sailing is not selling well and probably won't sell out, so maybe we will see some upgrades. What does everyone else think?

Oh, I am so excited about this cruise!

We would like the certificates as well. Do people typically get one for the family, or for each member of the family?

Not sure about brunch because of the kiddos....we need to work out the babysitting and kids club thing and right now it's hard to know how they will act if we try to leave them somewhere.

I cannot believe the 12/21/12 coincidence! Now even I want to see the ruins! (I have nothing against ruins, I'm just not really what you call and "outdoors" person.) I just told DH about the 12/21/12 thing and opportunity to see the ruins and he thinks we should go, even if it means dragging the kids along. I mean, who else can say they were at a Mayan ruin site on the calendar end-day? That is just too cool to pass up.

I'm just now reading through the posts. I wanted to share my airfare research. We are in CO, so we need one-way tickets to LAX and then one-ways back from FL. We normally do Southwest Airlines because of the low prices and free bags, but they don't have their December flights or prices posted yet (but will in about a month). Also, you can book a Southwest flight, and then if they have a sale and your itinerary costs less, you can re-book and get a credit with no change fees. Can't beat that!

United has their dates out and I didn't think the prices for the 12/23 flights were horrible. It was about $250 per person for the one-way from Fort Lauderdale to Denver. We can get our bags for free because DH has status on United. So, you don't have to fly from Miami, check Fort Lauderdale, too, and factor in the cost of ground transportation. It's about a 40 min drive, so similar from Orlando to Port Canaveral.

My reason for doing Ft Lauderdale over Miami is that United does not have nonstops from Miami to Denver, and we'd most likely go through O'hare, which is a bad, bad idea in December! We run the risk of spending DD's first Christmas there. Also, if you do choose Southwest, they only fly from Ft Lauderdale, not Miami. I think we will do United and use miles.

We are planning on flying out of Ft Lauderdale too - we are flying to BWI and I want non-stop on SW as well - a no go from Miami. We are going to rent a car for the day.

I was ready to buy my tickets, but like you said SW doesn't open their Dec dates til May 21st, so I bought a SW gift card and will use that when the dates open. I was going to buy tickets for an earlier date, but if we don't go or end up with a credit, the credit is good for one year from the date you buy the tickets - this gives me a few extra months.

In August of 2010, we booked a 7-day on the Magic for that November and were Cat 11 GTY, 2 staterooms. We not only ended up right next to each other, but got a nice upgrade to large porthole rooms as well! So there is always hope.

I am thinking this sailing is not selling well and probably won't sell out, so maybe we will see some upgrades. What does everyone else think?

We are booked in a 11B -I was thinking of changing it to the 11C and hoping for an upgrade - just not sure what to do - our cabin does sleep 4 and there is three of us so I'm thinking they might upgrade us to make room for a party of 4 :confused3 I like my current cabin location, so I'm hestitant to switch to save about $300.00 DH says just stay put and see what happens - I'm thinking the money would pay for an excursion for us - oh my what to do :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter