• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in Bergen County, near Paramus. I see you are also taking one of the NY-Canada cruises on the Magic. We are doing that too, but not until August. Are you planning to see the Fantasy when she comes to NY? I don't know if I'll be able to make it the morning she comes into NY harbor, but I do hope to go into the city for the Christening. How exciting!

Jim and I are originally from Hudson County and have family in Bergen County (Ridgefield Park), so we know that area pretty well!

Unfortunately I can't take the time off to see Fantasy in New York. I already have so much time off scheduled (probably most of the month of December, plus the week for the Canada cruise) that I want to make sure I leave a few days for other fun things. I guess I'll just have to see it on TV and see other people's pictures!

Beth

DCL just reduced the cost of this cruise and they are honouring the new price! Ask your TA to get you the new lower price or if you booked yourself, you can change the booking online. :banana:

We booked in British Pounds so the price didn't change when I tried to move staterooms, so I moved the whole cruise to a December Fantasy cruise, then moved it back again, and the new priced show up. We saved £360 (approx $560) :goodvibes

I sure hope I can get the new price honored despite the fact that I am in a suite. The savings is enough to pay for the flights back after the cruise!

I sure hope I can get the new price honored despite the fact that I am in a suite. The savings is enough to pay for the flights back after the cruise!

Fingers crossed for DCL letting you have the new price! It's a big saving, especially as it's just before Christmas. :santa:

My new reservation confirmation just came through - it's says the Panama Canal transit day is on 17th (instead of over two days as stated on the DCL EBPC info page). This is my Mum's birthday - she is so excited to get to see this! I hope this day will be very special for her :cloud9: :love:

DCL just reduced the cost of this cruise and they are honouring the new price! Ask your TA to get you the new lower price or if you booked yourself, you can change the booking online. :banana:

We booked in British Pounds so the price didn't change when I tried to move staterooms, so I moved the whole cruise to a December Fantasy cruise, then moved it back again, and the new priced show up. We saved £360 (approx $560) :goodvibes

I just rebooked like you said and we just saved $1,372. Same stateroom and everything! :cheer2: :cloud9: :thumbsup2:thanks:party:
What else can I say!

We got our credit too! Not as much as some of you since we're in a Cat 11 B (one of the "sideways" 11's), but it's enough to pay for our airfare to California since we decided not to do Amtrak this time!

Beth

I am very happy that I did get my reservation 'reshopped' and I got the new price which is a savings of nearly $1400. It takes a sting out of the $600+ per person flight home after the cruise...well some of the sting anyway! LOL

We got our credit too! Not as much as some of you since we're in a Cat 11 B (one of the "sideways" 11's), but it's enough to pay for our airfare to California since we decided not to do Amtrak this time!

Beth

We only had an 11B booked too. We wanted an 11C but there were none left at the time the bookings opened up to silver CC. So there was an 11C when I reshopped the new price and got that instead.

I like Deck 2 more then Deck 6, I think - it's closer to the restaurants and shops and the ship rocks less the lower you go.
But we have an 11B sideways on Deck 6 booked for March 30th, so I can readjust my opinion on that after we sail :goodvibes

I'm so glad everyone got the new pricing! 300 days to go!

Thank you so much for posting this! You saved us a combined $2,000 between our stateroom and my Dad's. Thank you so much! :banana:

We only had an 11B booked too. We wanted an 11C but there were none left at the time the bookings opened up to silver CC. So there was an 11C when I reshopped the new price and got that instead.

I like Deck 2 more then Deck 6, I think - it's closer to the restaurants and shops and the ship rocks less the lower you go.
But we have an 11B sideways on Deck 6 booked for March 30th, so I can readjust my opinion on that after we sail :goodvibes

I'm so glad everyone got the new pricing! 300 days to go!
You should love your Deck 6 sideways! We have 6521 for this cruise, and just had it in November on Magic. We've also been on Deck 2, and will be there on our June cruise (in an 11C), but prefer the Deck 6 location because it's just about half-way to anywhere on the ship.

Of course, any room anywhere on the ship is better than my office right now!

Beth

Hi, I'm contemplating taking 2 of my grandkids on this - went on this 2008 - it was fab !! already on 2 cruises this summer so -not sure if I can swing it!!

How old are they? Boys or girls? Have they been on a Disney cruise with you yet?

my grandkids are dgd 18, dgs 16 & dgs 11 and step dgd 11. Step dgd has her first Disney cruise this summer - our welcome to the family - along w/dd and new dsil and dgd 11 - they then will all have been on Disney cruises !!!

It looks as if I won't be on this cruise though - I checked w/dgd and she will still be in school (college) - since I home school my 11yr old dgs - it doesn't matter - I can home school him anywhere!! In fact, he was on the 2008 EBPC with us.

Ah well - Hope you all have a great time - it was a "trip of a lifetime" for us in 2008 !!

Hi Everyone,

Just checking out the thread - we are considering switching our current 7-night Fantasy cruise to this cruise. I can't believe the prices - if we book an inside cabin, the cost for 14-nights will be the same as our 7-night cruise, although we would have to give up our verandah.

We have always wanted to do a PC cruise and would love to be able to do it with Disney. Although I am disappointed that this cruise doesn't stop at Castaway Cay :confused3

If we go, it would be me, DH and DD who will be 14 at cruise time.

I think trading the veranda for an extra seven nights onboard is a good trade!

We're in an inside room, we're thrilled with the price, and don't even mind that we won't stop at Castaway Cay. There's always next time!

Beth

I think trading the veranda for an extra seven nights onboard is a good trade!

We're in an inside room, we're thrilled with the price, and don't even mind that we won't stop at Castaway Cay. There's always next time!

Beth

I agree. We had the Fantasy Christmas cruise booked in a 9D and swapped it for the PC cruise - it was only £30 more at the time for 7 more nights (in an inside cabin). But at the rate the ship isn't filling, I would guess a lot of people will get upgrades (maybe). ;)

I've been to Castaway Cay four times in December/January. Only once was the weather nice enough to swim and not walk around in a jacket all day. Missing going to CC this time will not really be a loss at all considering it might not even be favourable weather to dock (and the Dream is at CC on the 22nd so not much chance of them changing the ports around either). :upsidedow

We are booked Too!!! On a 6A HC room.

We were booked on the WBPC, it worked out better for us. & saved about $1600.00 for the same room!

It will be ""Bingo's" 5th Cruise.

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

While an upgrade would be nice, we LOVE the room that we picked. It's one of the "sideways" Cat. 11 B's. We had the corresponding room on Magic in November, and it's perfect for the two of us. There's lots of nice places to sit outside, so an inside room isn't a problem. DH likes to nap in the afternoon, and it's nice for him to have a cool, dark place. We were at CC on Dec. 2 and Dec. 6. On the 2nd the air was nice but the water was so cold I wouldn't even go near it. On the 6th the air was cooler but the water was warm. It's hard to tell what would happen at that time of year anyway.

We're frequent cruisers, so a change of destination is nice for us. My DH has never been to California, so every place that we go will be new to him. I've been there many years ago, but I've never been to any of the other ports. This is our dream cruise, and it will be nice to celebrate our anniversary in such wonderful surroundings!

Beth

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter