Early Check in

kmk1180

"Today's a good day to Win a Trip to Disney World.
Hi,
We are checking in on Wednesday
Normal check in is at 3pm but if we arrive early that day
and can check in early say like 11 or noon.
will they charge us more points?

Yes, you can check-in then or ealier. They will not charge you more points. If you are getting the DDP, your credits will be available to you then. If your room is not available then, they will give you your room keys and a card with a number to call to check the status. Once your room is ready, they will give you the room number and you can go directly to the room without needing to stop at the check-in desk.

You can check in at any time. Your room is not scheduled to be available to 3pm, 4pm for DVC. You will be given your room keys but not usually told the room number. A card with a call back number is given for you to check when your room is ready. You can leave your luggage with Bell Services and go to a park, walk around, or go to the pool.

Hi,
We are checking in on Wednesday
Normal check in is at 3pm but if we arrive early that day
and can check in early say like 11 or noon.
will they charge us more points?
As noted above,normal check in is not until 4 and it's not uncommon for the room to be ready later than 4 pm. You can "check in" at any time, if your room is not ready, they will give you a number to call so you can get the room number when it is ready. If you truly want a room when you get there, reserve the night before for extra points. One can check in anytime after the computer changeover. I've don so as early as 6 am on several occasions but it can be as early as 4:30 or 5 am. IF the room is ready, they will give it to you for no extra points.

By all means check in early, I've checked in as early as 9am and been given room keys, moved in and bobs your uncle, hit the parks by 11am. Member since 2000, checked in at 9am, 10:30am, 11am, 2pm and to date I have never been told to come back later at any resort and I've stayed at them all in Orlando except BLT.

I've read the horror stories about check in but have yet to experience it, I guess I should knock on wood!

We usually check in anywhere between 7 and 8:30 am - and then it is just like the others have stated.

Like all the others have written, we have checked early on every one of our trips, except one due to late arriving flight.

We usually check in early, leave our luggage and wait for the call to let us know our room is ready. We have never had a room ready before 3pm, one time it was 6:30PM before it was ready!

We always check in by 8:00AM too and have never gotten our room before 4:00 PM (the latest was 5:30PM). Only one time did we get our room immediately and that was for a one night stay prior to the cruise. OP, you most certainly can check in early, but don't count on your room being ready unless you get a huge dose of pixie dust. I do find the bigger the rental unit, the longer the wait. Not sure if others have found this too.

We arrived at BCV on Dec 29th at 9:00am as was planning on just checking in then heading over to Blizzard Beach. Our room was ready as we were able to get all moved in before. One year we were also able to check in at 10 am on Easter sunday so you never now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter