Earliest time to book flight home??

Parrotheader

Mouseketeer
I'd originally booked a 2:15 flight for the Sunday we get back to port. But I just received an e-mail from Expedia and found out our scheduled flight out of Orlando had been cancelled. The only other alternatives were one around 6:00 and one at 12:50. Rather than get home in the wee hours of the night I opted for the 12:50 flight.

I know I've generally seen it recommended not to get a flight out before 1:00 (which is why I booked the 2:15 flight to begin with.) But will we really be cutting it THAT close with a 12:50 flight? This is our first time on the cruise and I don't know how long all the disembarking and going through customs will take.

We'll be using a rental car to get back to the airport (I'm just going to leave it parked at the port for the 3 days we'll be gone rather than have to go through all the re-rental process again.) I'm assuming that by taking a rental car we'll be able to leave the port sooner and thus get back to the airport earlier. Should I possibly consider scheduling another flight? Or will we be most likely be fine? I was figuring the worst case scenario is we miss our 12:50 flight and have to wait for the 6:00 one.

You should be fine with that flight. They usually recommend nothing earlier than 12:00-12:30, so you would be fine with a 12:50 flight, barring any delays back into port, of course.

MJ

We had an 11AM flight and made it with lots of time to spare. We were off the ship early since we had to go through customs at 6am(lucky Canadians) so we were to the airport by Disney bus by 930 AM. I don't think you'll have a problem.

Thanks for the quick replies. I figured we should be ok. I just didn't want to feel like we had to break our neck to get back to the airport. Even though it'll be a short cruise (our first cruise ever) we're really looking forward to that part of the trip!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest