DVC Sparkling Wristbands

DisneyDad0315

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone,

I am a DVC member and I own at Aulani. When I go to the pool to get my wristband, they ask for my DVC card and when I show it, my family gets a DVC sparkling wristband instead of a solid color wristband. Do people staying on points, but who are not members, get the DVC wristband as well?

They aren’t supposed to… We’ve always been asked for our card although sometimes they’ll see one of our family members with previous day’s sparkly bands and just use that as proof.

They aren’t supposed to… We’ve always been asked for our card although sometimes they’ll see one of our family members with previous day’s sparkly bands and just use that as proof.
Yeah, they only ask to see it the first day and then the rest of the days they use the previous day sparkly bands as proof just like you said.

I just wanted to see what others experience was. I wasn't sure if people staying on rented points (non DVC owners) could get this sparkly band. This clarifies it for me. Thank you.

The sparkly wristbands worked great for my daughter to get free popcorn refills at Ulu Cafe. All she had to do is show the employees her wristband to get a free refill in her bucket.

They used to give it to anyone staying on points, but I have heard from several people that they now check to make sure that you are an actual member to get the sparkly ones.

The sparkly wristbands worked great for my daughter to get free popcorn refills at Ulu Cafe. All she had to do is show the employees her wristband to get a free refill in her bucket.
I had no idea the refills were free for members.

They used to give it to anyone staying on points, but I have heard from several people that they now check to make sure that you are an actual member to get the sparkly ones.
It’s hit or miss. Most of my family, who are not members, were given sparkly bands. While my brother, who is a resale member, was denied the sparkly band.

It’s hit or miss. Most of my family, who are not members, were given sparkly bands. While my brother, who is a resale member, was denied the sparkly band.
We were at Aulani last month. The first day we got our bands, I had to show my Disney Magic Mobile Pass with the DVC Y affiliation to obtain the DVC sparkly bracelets.

We were there in May and though technically my wife and I are the official DVC members, everyone in the room got the DVC bands.

I guess y'all are saying that now that my DD is 18+ she no longer should get a DVC wristband?

We were there in May and though technically my wife and I are the official DVC members, everyone in the room got the DVC bands.

I guess y'all are saying that now that my DD is 18+ she no longer should get a DVC wristband?
That was not our experience. It was just my 19yo daughter and me and we both got sparkly wristbands.

Anyone in the same room gets the sparkly bands...i am the member, wife and kids no,,but all got..but the red dies bleed off..and the none dvc bands ,,,i think,,,are nicer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter