• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC preview of Pandora!

Got my info, but daughter and family didn't, so no dvc preview for me now. We will be no shows.

What does the special FP in your MDE say? Mine says "FastPass+ for 2 guests" and below that shows our names and MDE avatars.

DH received the email a bit ago (he made the Pandora reservation) but I didn't get an email, just the FP showing in my MDE (as it does in his).

Are your daughter and family listed in the special Pandora FP in your MDE?

No it only shows 2 of us. We have two rooms and last month member services called us to ask me about my daughter and her family. When I registered I listed all 6 of us. MS called and said they couldn't go since they were not in our room and it was only for dvc members. I pointed out that she was a dvc member, and the cm apologized and said she saw that after she looked at my account and not to worry she would fix it. She even said we would both get separate emails. I asked her if she had the right email, and she repeated both mine and my daughters. My granddaughters are so disappointed....obviously I won't go now. not a good way to end our trip.

No it only shows 2 of us. We have two rooms and last month member services called us to ask me about my daughter and her family. When I registered I listed all 6 of us. MS called and said they couldn't go since they were not in our room and it was only for dvc members. I pointed out that she was a dvc member, and the cm apologized and said she saw that after she looked at my account and not to worry she would fix it. She even said we would both get separate emails. I asked her if she had the right email, and she repeated both mine and my daughters. My granddaughters are so disappointed....obviously I won't go now. not a good way to end our trip.

Yes, that would be a terrible disappointment! Does your daughter have her own MDE? Does it show a Pandora FP+? I'd call DVC again!

I expect the problem is the member had to make the reservation in his or her name and all guests had to be staying in the room with the member making the reservation. Probably since your daughter didn't actually make her own reservation that's where it all got messed up. When I called last week to fix mine because I had changed rooms they were adamant that I could not make any other changes besides my room. I've also heard of other people who were told they couldn't bring people that were not registered in their room.

The cast member should I be to fix it I told you that she wouldn't be able to. I'm not sure what you can do this late :(

What does the special FP in your MDE say? Mine says "FastPass+ for 2 guests" and below that shows our names and MDE avatars.
Just curious... does your other guest have their own MDE account or do you book for them? Wondering because mine says FP+ for 1 guest. Hubby has his own MDE account so I'm hoping his pops up there - need to grab him to look! :scared:

Just curious... does your other guest have their own MDE account or do you book for them? Wondering because mine says FP+ for 1 guest. Hubby has his own MDE account so I'm hoping his pops up there - need to grab him to look! :scared:

He has his own MDE - but the Pandora FP+ on both of our accounts says "2 guests" and lists both of us. The DVC registration confirmation email just says 2 guests, but of course they had the resort reservation confirmation number too and could get my name from that.

Yes, when I made the reservation I noticed it only asked for one room reservation. But then said list all travelers in your resort accommodations and I was able to list all of us. I didn't think twice about having two rooms, we have traveling with noted and out of us 3 members I only got the email. I'm not the only one this happened too. Last month there was a post of folks getting calls about the same thing. Parents with kids in two studios. Dvc called us to fix the problem. And I thought they fixed it as they told us they would take care of it and not to worry.....oh well.

We had resv at AKL for 5/14-26th but decided to cancel because my DD just found out she was expecting (due 8/21). She had a rough start and we just didn't know how she would be doing in May. SOOOO we are so jealous :( it's killing us lol. But we are happy for all of you that are lucky enough to take advantage of this very cool offer/experience! We will be there in Dec, which we don't want to rush because there isn't enough summer to go around as it is but, we can't wait!

Can't wait to hear all the reviews for the preview!! Post pics if you are able

I love the River ride! The banshee ride was down while we were there. So the preview was a mixed success in that way, still so glad we went. On the DCL Transatlantic cruise right now!

From the river ride. I was so happy it's indoors, I thought we had to see it at night.

IMG_3133.JPG

The river ride is visually stunning. The ride system is the same as the other boat rides so nothing exciting ride wise. The effects and aa are awesome.

Flight of Passage is incredible. My favorite theme park ride ever. We live in orlando so been there done that a bazillion times. I am hard to impress. Mission accomplished!

The entire land is visually amazing. Can't wait to see it at night.

Both rides had technical difficulties this morning, but that is what previews are for.

Do I have to worry about motion sickness on either of these two rides? I have FP+ for the last week of May. I get it bad on anything that turns, spins, goes up and down, virtuals, etc. I have to close my eyes from time to time on Soarin'. Can't do any mountains or Mission:Space.

I just posted my experience on the Theme Park board. I loved FoP. I close my eyes for parts on Star Tours. I ride Mission: Space green and close my eyes for parts. I didn't close my eyes at all on FoP.

Na'vi River ride is smooth. The boats are easier to get into and out of than PoC and Small World.

Quick timing question for those that have already done the preview- we are booked on Thursday for 9-11, but I also had the Safari booked for 9:00 from before the previews were announced. Would it be feasible to do the safari and head to the preview right afterwards, around 9:30, or would an hour and a half not work?

Quick timing question for those that have already done the preview- we are booked on Thursday for 9-11, but I also had the Safari booked for 9:00 from before the previews were announced. Would it be feasible to do the safari and head to the preview right afterwards, around 9:30, or would an hour and a half not work?
They are handing out paper FPs for FoP. I've heard both ways about whether they are limited or not but they let people in early yesterday and by 5:30, all the 6-8 FoP FPs were gone.

Some people were pretty bitter about that.

My take, I would not go to Safari first.

Take the time to check out Pandora. Get the FoP FP. It's an amazing ride.

I just posted my experience on the Theme Park board. I loved FoP. I close my eyes for parts on Star Tours. I ride Mission: Space green and close my eyes for parts. I didn't close my eyes at all on FoP.

Na'vi River ride is smooth. The boats are easier to get into and out of than PoC and Small World.
Thanks, I think I can do it then.

Did the preview on Sat AM. River ride was down when we arrived at 9 up by 10:00ish. Everyone there was patient and understanding and the CMS were very pleasant and helpful. They handed out FP for Passage ride. OK here's my review---- River Ride is amazingly beautiful. The effects are stunning-it is a typical Disney boat ride BUT you just see so many colors and surprises that you don't want it to end. Flight of Passage---well I am not a fan of motion rides -I know many of you have this question- Soarin' bothers me some and I am 60yrs old so I close my eyes at points lol- However I was in Brave mode that day. You sit on the seat like a motorcycle and lean forward-then your backside and legs get sorta locked in but you just feel like a slight pressure against your back and legs. then---the ride begins/ I was sweating and nervous BUT I was determined to keep my eyes open the whole time and I DID!!! I did feel a little squishy at one point but I DIDN'T CARE!! it was soooo awesome is all I can say!!! Disney has gone over the top in Pandora. The whole land is beautiful and I can't wait to see it at night. We ate breakfast in the new restaurant- next time I will eat after passage!- and it was very very good. We also bought a banshee 49.99 crazy but they are soo cool. Everyone was buying them. People say how expensive Disney is and all but all those people spending 50 bucks on a fake bird toy--- well you get where I am going lol. Pandora is the bomb diggity!!! And while I have your attention- we stopped at Nomad Lounge after for a drink and snack-I'm telling you this is going to be the new hot spot. Wonderful service great drinks delicious food-we got the bread service. Awesome. We also did Happily Ever After- We all thought the same -Disney you have outdone yourself this time. I'm going to review my week (just returned yesterday) so I'll say more about it there. One of our best weeks in Disney ever- going for over 10 years. Thank you DVC!!!!! Any questions on Pandora just ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter