DVC Mike Live from Kidani Village (Mar 6-14, 2010)

Great report DVC Mike. I cannot wait for our first DVC stay at AKV Kidani. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2

DVC Mike:
Great Pictures... Great Job...
Questions for you. You did a good job on the Pirates shots.. What was your ISO? And what setting did you use. Those are hard to do. I have tried before. With it going so fast, and needing to slow down the setting to let in the light. You must have had the ISO up very high. Do you mind telling me what your settings were? I shoot only Canon. I have the Canon Mark 3 and the 5D. but I would love it if you would let me know.
I haven't been to WDW since 2005. Just looking at your pictures, I want to go back. We own at SSR and have only stayed there once. Since then we have used all of our points at DL. Now that we have Grand Villas, we love it, but I want to go back to WDW so BAD..... Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful pictures.
I know why your wife doesn't like to go with you the whole time. You are a camera freak like I am. My DH HATES it when I have to take so many pictures. He gets so bored. But I LOVE it, and I can see you do too, and you are so good at it. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

You did a good job on the Pirates shots.. What was your ISO? And what setting did you use. Those are hard to do. I have tried before. With it going so fast, and needing to slow down the setting to let in the light. You must have had the ISO up very high. Do you mind telling me what your settings were? I shoot only Canon. I have the Canon Mark 3 and the 5D. but I would love it if you would let me know.

I used the Aperture Priority setting on my Nikon D5000 and selecetd an aperture of f/1.8 and an ISO of 1600. In most cases, that gave me a shutter setting of 1/60, which was just enough to get a fairly clear picture (and the 35mm f/1.8 lens does not have VR/IS).

I went back at the end of the week and bumped the ISO up to 3200 and got pretty much the same results.

. . . . . I'm back home, ready to go back to work bright and early tomorrow morning. :(

Sorry . . . . but I too have found that the inconvenience of work must preclude a WDW adventure . .

Just looking for another way . . . . when you find it, let us all know . . .

I forgot that you were going to be there the same time that we were. We arrived on 3/6 and left on 3/13. Unfortunately, our last two days were the two horrendous rainy ones and we watched from the Orlando airport what a gorgeous day Saturday was while we waited to fly up to Newark. Unfortunately, we wound up sitting in the airport for 9 hours before our flight was allowed to take off.

I love your photos -- it's nice to see it the way I saw it since I was there at the exact same time.

DVC Mike
So you didn't see any difference in 1600 and 3200? Wow, surprising.. But seriously they were good. That is very hard to do in the dark. I find my camera has a hard time focusing, because it is so dark. So I will try the different ISO. So you shot at 1.8 Pretty good. I do have 3 lens that will open that much.
thanks for the tips... Great Pictures, I LOVE your reviews... I just can't believe how fast you get them up. Are you shooting in RAW?

Great Pictures, I LOVE your reviews... I just can't believe how fast you get them up. Are you shooting in RAW?

No, I don't have the patience to shoot in RAW and then perform post-processing of each photo in PhotoShop. I just shoot JPEG and never do any post-processing.

I could probably get much better photos if I shot RAW, but like I said - I just don't have the time.

What gorgeous pictures!

thanks for sharing

Hi DVC Mike...just enjoying your pictures again. Got me wondering...do you hav another trip coming up anytime soon?

Hi DVC Mike...just enjoying your pictures again. Got me wondering...do you hav another trip coming up anytime soon?

Oct - VWL - 44 days away
Dec - BLT - 86 days away
Mar - BWV - 177 days away
May - VGC - 247 days away

I'm quietly waiting for single digits. It's been a long summer...

Oh good! It's always fun for dis members when you are there! Hope all your trips are great!:thumbsup2

Oct - VWL - 44 days away
Dec - BLT - 86 days away

AMEN!! I was last there in May and don't go for another 37 days. I am SOOO ready to relax at SSR.

Enjoy your trips and thanks so much for posting your vacation shots. I really enjoy seeing the World through other Diser's eyes...

Oct - VWL - 44 days away
Dec - BLT - 86 days away

I'd been wondering if I had missed something. I'll have to keep an eye out so that I get in on the beginning. I always miss it until the last day or two and have to play catch up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter