DVC/ DDP Check in

Mikey'swife

Mouseketeer
Okay, this is our first DVC stay.

I am not sure if DH will make it or not. I know that I want the ddp for me and the kids.
If possible I want to just add him at check in. I have heard that as long as you are not over your max you can add guests at check in so how does ddp work? Normally you have to pay for 48 hours in advance so would they have us pay for it at check in or just no ddp for DH and he is just oop?

I don't really care either way but I want to make sure I know what will happen.

I don't need ME so that is not an issue. I just plan on paying for my ddp soon and I do not want to pay for him in advance if he can not make the trip.

Officially from what MS has told me a couple of times, you can't add people at check in, but it does happen. DDP still requires that it be added and paid for 2 days prior to arrival and that everyone on the reservation be on the plan for the entire length of stay.

:earsboy: Bill

Have you really crunched the numbers for the dining plan? Many, myself included, find that the dining plan offers very little savings and forces you to make choices you might not make (dessert every meal, no appetizer, etc.) if paying out of pocket. Unless you plan to order the most expensive item on the menu at every meal you are better off paying for meals as you go. That would also eliminate the problem of adding your DH at the last minute which isn't possible with the dining plan.

Have a great trip!

Have you really crunched the numbers for the dining plan? Many, myself included, find that the dining plan offers very little savings and forces you to make choices you might not make (dessert every meal, no appetizer, etc.) if paying out of pocket. Unless you plan to order the most expensive item on the menu at every meal you are better off paying for meals as you go. That would also eliminate the problem of adding your DH at the last minute which isn't possible with the dining plan.

Have a great trip!

Having kids on the plan you can save money if you are doing Character meals.

Denise in MI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter