Drop some lbs before the big day! (Better???)

How is everyone doing with their excercise this week so far? I was sick with a head cold the last two days so I took it easy. But today I'm back to normal and did an hour on the elliptical and 6 minutes of strength training for my upper body, whew!

How is everyone doing with their excercise this week so far? I was sick with a head cold the last two days so I took it easy. But today I'm back to normal and did an hour on the elliptical and 6 minutes of strength training for my upper body, whew!

Good for you, an hour on the elliptical!

I've been working up slowly but surely on the treadmill, this week I'm up to jogging 2 miles in 30 minutes. Doesn't sound like a lot after talking to my friend who was telling me that she runs 5 miles in 40 minutes at the gym every day, but it's good for me. I'm going to keep trying to work my way up.

Food, on the other hand, got me yesterday. My fiance's family had a birthday party for his grandfather and I splurged a little. I'm hoping it won't show too badly, I tried to me relatively good.

It's good to splurge a little bit. You dont want to deprive yourself too much! :) Also working your way up is great and is definitely the way to go. When I first started using the elliptical I could only do 30 minutes on the lowest level. Now I can do 75 on level 2 and up to an hour on level 3 (which is much much harder then the other two levels :lmao: ).

Good for you, an hour on the elliptical!

I've been working up slowly but surely on the treadmill, this week I'm up to jogging 2 miles in 30 minutes. Doesn't sound like a lot after talking to my friend who was telling me that she runs 5 miles in 40 minutes at the gym every day, but it's good for me. I'm going to keep trying to work my way up.

Food, on the other hand, got me yesterday. My fiance's family had a birthday party for his grandfather and I splurged a little. I'm hoping it won't show too badly, I tried to me relatively good.

So, I don't want to break any rules cause I have been a member of the forum for a couple of months, and I love the atmosphere... I really want to help everyone with their goals but am to solicit. Am I allowed to leave my email address so people can contact me off the boards?

Alright... so my dress has been ordered and, while i wasn't at all worried about weight (because DF loves my curves) before... now that the dress has been ordered, i am all about maintaining or losing. NO GAINING.

Baby steps though... so my first step is stopping with the soda. I'll miss you, Dr. Pepper... you have always been a tasty and satisfying friend to me.
I'm sure I'll feel better about this next week after the caffeine headaches are gone...

So, I don't want to break any rules cause I have been a member of the forum for a couple of months, and I love the atmosphere... I really want to help everyone with their goals but am to solicit. Am I allowed to leave my email address so people can contact me off the boards?

If you'd like to ask to send someone your email addy maybe you could PM them first and ask if it was alright if you sent it to them and maybe that way it wouldnt be breaking the rules? :confused3

By the way ladies, hope your week is going good. Mine is going alright, I'm making slow progress but I've lost 1lb this week and hope to be down another by the end of it.

Hi!

I stumbled across this post and I thought it was great. I have been a lurker on the weddings and honeymoons board for about a year but I don't think my wedding will happen until 2013. A girl can dream though!

I am 5'0" and 140 pounds. I gained about 15 pounds while writing and defending my doctoral dissertation and after almost two years I have still not taken it off. Although my wedding is far away, my friend is getting married next year and I will definitely be in her wedding!

Over the past three months I have been doing really well on my exercise goals but not so great on the diet. I lost about 3 pounds only to gain it all back while on vacation with my boyfriend! Oh yeah, and I seem to only lose a pound a month...super slow and annoying. I am hoping that by being more strict on the diet and maintaining the exercise I can increase the rate of loss a little. I have been looking for a way to stay accountable on my diet and posting in this thread seems like it might be just the thing.

Right now I am doing at least 30 min of elliptical 5 days a week. I also do an exercise video most days for strength training. I am doing the Envy Girls right now. It is pretty cheesy but I can feel the burn in my inner thighs! Oh and I have just started yoga. For diet I am trying to stay between 1600 and 1800 calories but I find that I have a day above 2000 at least once a week...Oh and I just started a new plan to limit my candy eating to one piece a day. I am kind of a candy monster.

I hope everyone else is having a great week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter