Drop some lbs before the big day! (Better???)

Here is what me and DF are doing to drop some lbs: PALEO. You can google it. It's basically a way of eating based on what "cavemen" ate before the agricultural and industrial revolution--basically what humans were evolved to eat. Yes, I'm sure it may sound crazy, but the more you look into it, the more it makes sense. We have been doing it for three weeks and we both feel AWESOME. I'm already seeing some lbs melt away.

Here is what you eat: meat (all kinds, lean and fatty), vegetables (lots!), fruit (some...not too many if you are trying to lose weight...focus on berries), nuts (again, not tons and tons, but some), seeds. Healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil, avocados. We also try to only eat grass fed beef because it is much healthier for you.

Here is what you don't eat: breads, pasta (nothing with gluten...gluten triggers an insulin response that makes you more hungry), rice, corn, soy, sugar. You also shouldn't eat dairy, but we put milk in our coffee and eat cheese. I live in WI so we couldn't give that up!

I LOVE all types of grains especially oatmeal and pasta, so the first few days were tough. That said, you feel amazing once you stick with this diet and your food cravings go way down. I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast and feel famished by 10am. Now I eat an omlette with spinach and feta and I don't get hungry until after noon. Carbs really spike your insulin, so limiting them makes you less hungry throughout the day.

wow thats interesting! I can't wait to hear about your progress! I think you can easiliy hit your goal! Just keep working :goodvibes

I was doing the "Tammy's own" WiiFit plan (cutting down on sweets and eating more fresh fruits and vegetables and exercising 15 minutes on busy days and 30+ minutes on slower days), but I fell out of my routine after spring break. I had lost, and maintained, 12lbs without feeling like I was making big changes or sacrifices.

Staring in June (after graduation and our move), I'm going back to this plan since it worked for me. I have a heart condition, so I can't run or do anything too over the top, but the walking and varying low level aerobics on the Wii are great.

Anyone have any good exercises for 'arm flab' and flattening the tummy? These seem to be the only two places I can't work on. :confused3

Awesome on the 12lbs, you can totally pick up where you left off!!!

As far as arm and tummy stuff you actually cannot pinpoint where you want to loose the weight, you can merely tone the muscle in the area. Magazines and TV have been tricking us by telling us things like crunches get rid of that belly and they dont at all! Cardio does. You just gotta keep with it and eventually the fat from that area will go too! I would do alot of arm excersizes for toning (like JOBES, bicep curls, and hammers) and most definitely do a lot of ab work every time you work out ( your abs actually heal faster then most muscles so they are something you can work everyday!) I know I loose weight in certain areas first too and I wish they were other areas haha. But just keep with the cardio and youll see a difference!! :thumbsup2

Hi Girls! I'm new to this board. My Disney Honeymoon is this September (exactly one year after my MK engagement!) and I am trying to lose 10-15 lbs before my 9/3/11 wedding. I hadn't taken my dieting very seriously...until I got a call from my bridal shop saying that my dress had arrived! Somehow the knowledge that my dress was in town made it very REAL that I needed to drop some lbs.

Here is what me and DF are doing to drop some lbs: PALEO. You can google it. It's basically a way of eating based on what "cavemen" ate before the agricultural and industrial revolution--basically what humans were evolved to eat. Yes, I'm sure it may sound crazy, but the more you look into it, the more it makes sense. We have been doing it for three weeks and we both feel AWESOME. I'm already seeing some lbs melt away.

Here is what you eat: meat (all kinds, lean and fatty), vegetables (lots!), fruit (some...not too many if you are trying to lose weight...focus on berries), nuts (again, not tons and tons, but some), seeds. Healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil, avocados. We also try to only eat grass fed beef because it is much healthier for you.

Here is what you don't eat: breads, pasta (nothing with gluten...gluten triggers an insulin response that makes you more hungry), rice, corn, soy, sugar. You also shouldn't eat dairy, but we put milk in our coffee and eat cheese. I live in WI so we couldn't give that up!

I LOVE all types of grains especially oatmeal and pasta, so the first few days were tough. That said, you feel amazing once you stick with this diet and your food cravings go way down. I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast and feel famished by 10am. Now I eat an omlette with spinach and feta and I don't get hungry until after noon. Carbs really spike your insulin, so limiting them makes you less hungry throughout the day.

sounds like south beach a little, except I can eat low fat dairy such as zero fat greek yogurt and low fat cheeses , also the high fat meats are not suggested....
but I agree , my cravings are gone , I am now down 23 lbs in 5 weeks and feeling great

Hi All,

This thread (Is that what you call them) is a brilliant Idea! I am getting married May next year - We have yet to set a date you see! :confused3

Little background- I have always been kind of a YOYO dieter - Im either an eat everything or not at all kind of person. So my problem I have is to have a steady weight loss every week. Last year I lost 3 stone by hiring a personal trainer - I went twice a week, and probably trained at home everyday! Yes this was a tad excessive (But you see the all or nothing) When I started I was 13.5 stone! :eek: ;lol

So... I have put probably 2 of the stones back on! :sad1: and am back with WEIGHT WATCHERS - Pro points plan. I am currently 5Foot 5.5 and weighting in at 12.2 stone. (Sorry I dont know it in pounds) I have a year or so until the wedding. But I have 4 months until my 1st dress fitting. On a positive note I have lost 1 of the put on stones! :)

I think this thred will help me alot, Maybe starting up my own? Hmm... Also, having 2 weeks off while the UK kids are at school isnt great (Chocolate and Bread is my vice!) and easter eggs are alson not great!

I dont want this to seem like a moan, I know the only person that can change how I look is me! But... everyone needs to vent sometimes? Yeah? I think weight watchers in the long run for me is the best! :)

Thanks for listening!

Faye xxx

Is it gastroparesis? That's what my condition is. Thanks for the support :love: it makes me feel not so alone.

I just wanted to share my support :hug:, one of my sisters suffers from a similar condition that is extraordinarily debilitating. It is such a struggle for her, and the rest of us... I'm glad you're finding something that works for you.

Is it gastroparesis? That's what my condition is. Thanks for the support :love: it makes me feel not so alone.

I'm not sure what is wrong with her. She just had a cholecystectomy at 17 and had probably needed it since she was 13 or 14 but the doctors wouldn't believe her symptoms before that, they said it was all in her head. :sick: She had been dealing with other GI issues before that but since the surgery things have gotten extremely worse, she can't eat any of the things you listed (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc.) and her gastroenterologist wants her to fast so they can do more tests but she can't do that either. So frustrating and stressful :sad1: It's gotten to the point where my parents have taken her out of school because of her condition. Argh!

Week one is over and I hit my goal :woohoo:

I droped 1.3lbs. Not alot but if I can do this every week I will be exactly where I want to! Yay I am so excited.

I already have my alarm set for working out today, then I made plans to play tennis later.

How is everyone else doing??

Conrgats! :thumbsup2 1.3lbs is awesome! I managed to lose 2lbs last week and I am hoping for the same this week. I workout about 6 times a week for at least an hour a day. It may seem like a lot but its the only way I can lose weight, haha. Hope everyone else is doing good!

Week one is over and I hit my goal :woohoo:

I droped 1.3lbs. Not alot but if I can do this every week I will be exactly where I want to! Yay I am so excited.

I already have my alarm set for working out today, then I made plans to play tennis later.

How is everyone else doing??

Hello Ladies, I'm glad I read through this post. I also have a bit to lose before my big day and have been a procrastinator avoiding the gym. I love the comment made about positive or negative reinforcement I will have to try that trick and put up some visual reminders. I also can completely relate to the comment about food issues. I have ridiculous food allergies that only seem to get worse. All in all though I found this thread to be really motivating. Thank you all of you..

-21 lbs as of today :yay: , if I can keep losing steady like this , it's possible I will be down 50 -60 lbs by my wedding (aug 1st) , but dress shopping is next weekend :scared1: , what happens if that much weight is lost , are they able to alter ?

-21 lbs as of today :yay: , if I can keep losing steady like this , it's possible I will be down 50 -60 lbs by my wedding (aug 1st) , but dress shopping is next weekend :scared1: , what happens if that much weight is lost , are they able to alter ?

from what I've been told so long as a dress isn't heavy on bead-work or specific, piping, lace detail it can be taken in. My seamstress said a dress should be able to be taken in up to 4 inches but that she doesn't recommend more then that. I would speak to your seamstress or find one you'll be comfortable working with. Also you should be able to ask a bridal shop that question and see what they say. Either way, congratulations!! your doing great.

Hi Girls! I'm new to this board. My Disney Honeymoon is this September (exactly one year after my MK engagement!) and I am trying to lose 10-15 lbs before my 9/3/11 wedding. I hadn't taken my dieting very seriously...until I got a call from my bridal shop saying that my dress had arrived! Somehow the knowledge that my dress was in town made it very REAL that I needed to drop some lbs.

Hi! You have the same wedding date as me! I've been dieting for about two months with a goal of losing about 15 lbs before the wedding, and I've lost more than half of that so far. Your diet sounds really, really interesting... I'm just not sure I could give up pasta! I've been trying to limit how much of it I eat though. I used to have pasta for dinner every three nights or so since it's so easy, but now I'm trying to aim for once every two weeks.

What a great thread! so thankful I was able to come across it!

I am also newly engaged, and planning our wedding for Spring time of 2012. I'm 5'5 and weigh 140 lbs. Wanting to go down to 125lbs if I can.

P90x has a lean program designed specifically for weight loss. The classic program, which I'm assuming your DF did is designed to increase muscle mass and definition. I did not want to turn into the Incredible Hulk, so I opted for the lean program and it has been fantastic so far... much more cardio than is in the classic program!
I have never done it, but my sister in law dropped 60 lbs doing the lean program and changing her diet to portion control and cut out some of the fatty foods and sugars and is doing amazing. I actually just ordered the program myself.

we need to start our own team :sad2:

i need to lose about 70... but would be happy with 55--still that number is insanity. the fact that medical issues made this happen just makes me irrate.

working 2 jobs makes things very rough. i wake up at 5:45am for job number 1, get home from job number 2 at 9:30pm and haven't had dinner yet because there's no time in between. the 1 or 2 nights i'm off is for the grocery store, laundry and cleaning. everything i read involves salads (which i don't eat) and snacking on nuts (which i'm allergic to) and fruits--which i'm allergic to most. i feel like i'm at a total loss :(

we go to wdw in 2 weeks.... when i come back.... things MUST change. we can do this!!

Sorry for the double post, I missed this post.

You know what, I work the same schedule as you, except I finish at 10 pm at night. I find it really hard to make healthy meals when you do end up having those meals while at work. Know Im with you with the difficulty.

we need to start our own team :sad2:

i need to lose about 70... but would be happy with 55--still that number is insanity. the fact that medical issues made this happen just makes me irrate.

working 2 jobs makes things very rough. i wake up at 5:45am for job number 1, get home from job number 2 at 9:30pm and haven't had dinner yet because there's no time in between. the 1 or 2 nights i'm off is for the grocery store, laundry and cleaning. everything i read involves salads (which i don't eat) and snacking on nuts (which i'm allergic to) and fruits--which i'm allergic to most. i feel like i'm at a total loss :(

we go to wdw in 2 weeks.... when i come back.... things MUST change. we can do this!!

You can do it you can do it!

I would looooove to lose 80lbs by the wedding -- but I would be happy if I lost 50.

Hey all --

I didn't really start losing until I starting using the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone.

It's easy to add food with this app (I've tried 5 others and it was time consuming) and it also tracks weight, calories, nutrition, with graphs and also has a diary option.

Maybe one of you will find it helpful, too! :cheer2:

Hey all --

I didn't really start losing until I starting using the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone.

It's easy to add food with this app (I've tried 5 others and it was time consuming) and it also tracks weight, calories, nutrition, with graphs and also has a diary option.

Maybe one of you will find it helpful, too! :cheer2:

I use this too and love it! It's so helpful! I haven't found a food yet that isn't in the program and I love that it even breaks down the nutrients each day for you.

My wedding is on the same day as yours! We're having our honeymoon in Naples, FL for 1 week, witthe next week in WDW :lovestruc I am 5'7'' and at the moment 143lb. I have lost 18lb since we last summer, but really want to lose another 10 before dress fittings in july, as that's the weight I was a few years ago and I know I feel good at that weight. I've been doing WW (the old version) just on my own (not going to any meetings or anything) and exercising on the wii fit and running round the neighbourhood, but I have exams at the moment and everything's really slowed up. I've just ordered the South Beach Diet book, as I think maybe I've got all I can out of WW for the moment, as I don't have time to go to meetings. The pressure's building now (everyone was right when they said that the wedding would creep up fast!), so I'm aiming for 2lbs a week loss.

Good luck everyone, this is a great thread! :goodvibes

Christine xxx

My wedding is on the same day as yours! We're having our honeymoon in Naples, FL for 1 week, witthe next week in WDW :lovestruc I am 5'7'' and at the moment 143lb. I have lost 18lb since we last summer, but really want to lose another 10 before dress fittings in july, as that's the weight I was a few years ago and I know I feel good at that weight. I've been doing WW (the old version) just on my own (not going to any meetings or anything) and exercising on the wii fit and running round the neighbourhood, but I have exams at the moment and everything's really slowed up. I've just ordered the South Beach Diet book, as I think maybe I've got all I can out of WW for the moment, as I don't have time to go to meetings. The pressure's building now (everyone was right when they said that the wedding would creep up fast!), so I'm aiming for 2lbs a week loss.

Good luck everyone, this is a great thread! :goodvibes

Christine xxx

That's my wedding day too! You are the first two I've met to have the same day :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter