Drop some lbs before the big day! (Better???)

SleepingBeautyBride

Mouseketeer
I want to start a thread on tips that have worked for everyone to lose weight for your wedding day :bride:

:grouphug:

I used to be a collegiate athlete, so the basic eat better and exercise doesn’t do much for me so I have to take to drastic measures as it takes a lot for my body to drop a few.

Please Post:
1. Questions or concerns you have
2. Things that worked for you, tips, recipes, and workouts.
3. Or simply use this as motivation! Post your goal and then follow up posts ever week or few days or so with how you are doing and everyone here can help you out as well!

Please keep it healthy! Thanks guys and I look forward to joining on your journeys :cool1:

Ok so here is some things that have helped me. I had a knee surgery and gained A LOT of weight. I got all of it off and more by doing this:

I would hop on the treadmill for just 10min and do interval running. I would go one min job one min sprint. Intervals make the time go fast and actually activate your body to burn more. It does a lot more for you in 10 min then a half hour of jogging. Just make sure you sprint hard!! Go on a treadmill as this will make sure you are pushing yourself and try to go up every time.

Not only will this REALLY help you, its fast and easy to do and this will help your body continue to burn calories even after your done working out.

Another thing that did wonders:
15 min workouts in the morning before work. I bought an aerobics step and jump rope and made a quick 15 minute workout to get my heart rate up. Not only did this help me wake up and get ready, but again, it burns calories even after your done and is very beneficial.

I do have problems limiting my eating habits :( so working out is my only hope! I do work for a supplement company so I take proper protein and vitamins as well (which is so important). I now pack lunch, I bring a good breakfast and some juice and then berries edamame and other fruits and nuts to snack throughout the day.

Oh! And I wanted to post my goal and kickstart this.

I am 5'3'' and 145 (I am very muscular though from power lifting being an athlete in college)
My goal is to drop to 125-130 by the end of August.

19lbs in 19 weeks!!! Thats what I have to do! :eek:

Doable???:confused3

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Oh! And I wanted to post my goal and kickstart this.

I am 5'3'' and 145 (I am very muscular though from power lifting in college)
My goal is to drop to 125-130 by the end of August.

19lbs in 19 weeks!!! Thats what I have to do! :eek:

Doable???:confused3

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

I'd say a pound a week is definitely doable. Good luck!!!

I would have to agree a pound a week is definetely doable! I am aiming for 30 pounds by the end of August, I've lost it before quickly and hope to do the same I just need to stay motivated. I am just cutting my portion size in half and exercising 30 mins a day whether it's on the treadmill or using a program for my wii.

I would have to agree a pound a week is definetely doable! I am aiming for 30 pounds by the end of August, I've lost it before quickly and hope to do the same I just need to stay motivated. I am just cutting my portion size in half and exercising 30 mins a day whether it's on the treadmill or using a program for my wii.

You can do it!!!! Post your progress here so we can keep updated :)

Im so jealous. I tried the whole portion cutting thing and I just get so hungry!!! How does it work for you? Just lots of water? haha :rotfl:

I have lost about 40lbs doing South Beach. I love it. It will feel restricting at first but I eat basically whatever I want now (I still eat healthy) and I have kept the weight off. The best thing is, it is very healthy. I suggest getting the book.

The thing I find that helps me is to always eat dessert. You don't have to have something huge but if you have a little bit of chocolate or a cookie a day, you don't feel like you have depriving yourself.

In the past when I've cut my portions in half and I've lost weight fast. I do drink a lot of water. I don't eat sweets either and have none in my house right now. I do tend to do a lot of eating through out the day, I have many snacks (fruits, vegetables, and peanuts). I feel like I'm constantly eating. I also do not eat after 5pm, for me that has helped tremendously, but I also have a schedule that allows that. I mean I wake up at 4:30am and my luch is at 10am. I am a teacher so that's what the schedule permits. If I see no results in the next 2 weeks, I'll go to cutting carbs to jump start my metabolism. My DF and I have made it into a competition so we will see who wins in August (but to me we will both be winners if we meet our goal weight).

I am in week 3 of P90x and I love it! Highly recommend it for anyone who needs a little motivation to get moving.

This will be a great motivator for me as My leg is in plaster at the moment and it's put a huge halt on my fitness plan :sad2:

I find that different types of exercise work well for me. If I do the same thing in the gym all the time I get bored very quickly. So I try different classes (zumba, aqua aerobics, line dancing etc) and I've set up a cardio and weights programme in the gym.

I'd like to lose around 30 - 40lbs by October. Not sure how acheivable that goal is as I cave in too easily with food and Chris doesn't help by cramming the cupboards full of white bread and chocolate! I need to be stronger but it's hard at the minute as he is doing all the shopping until my cast is off.:confused3

I have lost about 40lbs doing South Beach. I love it. It will feel restricting at first but I eat basically whatever I want now (I still eat healthy) and I have kept the weight off. The best thing is, it is very healthy. I suggest getting the book.

The thing I find that helps me is to always eat dessert. You don't have to have something huge but if you have a little bit of chocolate or a cookie a day, you don't feel like you have depriving yourself.

I will have to look into the South Beach. Get some detials if its for me :) I am so happy that it has worked for you! It must be great to see results and keep them!!!

I LOVE your dessert tip!! Keep those coming :rotfl:

In the past when I've cut my portions in half and I've lost weight fast. I do drink a lot of water. I don't eat sweets either and have none in my house right now. I do tend to do a lot of eating through out the day, I have many snacks (fruits, vegetables, and peanuts). I feel like I'm constantly eating. I also do not eat after 5pm, for me that has helped tremendously, but I also have a schedule that allows that. I mean I wake up at 4:30am and my luch is at 10am. I am a teacher so that's what the schedule permits. If I see no results in the next 2 weeks, I'll go to cutting carbs to jump start my metabolism. My DF and I have made it into a competition so we will see who wins in August (but to me we will both be winners if we meet our goal weight).

What I am doing as far as snacking all day. But I should limit my late night eating and sugars. Its so hard though!!!

I am in week 3 of P90x and I love it! Highly recommend it for anyone who needs a little motivation to get moving.

Mmm P90x. I heard that was SO hard! Sounds interesting though maybe that could be for me. Does it require you to have anything?? Hmm i might actually do this!

This will be a great motivator for me as My leg is in plaster at the moment and it's put a huge halt on my fitness plan :sad2:

I'd like to lose around 30 - 40lbs by October. Not sure how acheivable that goal is as I cave in too easily with food and Chris doesn't help by cramming the cupboards full of white bread and chocolate! I need to be stronger but it's hard at the minute as he is doing all the shopping until my cast is off.:confused3

I know how that feels! i had an immobilizer on for a month! It was aweful, I learned to hate the hand bike!!!

You can DEFINITELY loose that weight by then!!! Just set little goals for yourself weekly/monthly!!

Good thread :)

The last time I tried on my wedding dress I weighed 136 pounds. I'm now down to 126, and I only want to lose a few more and then maintain it. I was never much of an exerciser so doing anything helps for me, I'm doing the Couch 2 5K running program, as well as using Wii exercise programs. I use sparkpeople.com to monitor my calorie intake. Drinking a lot of water does help. Also, I agree with the above poster that you should treat yourself to dessert. It always makes me feel better! I get a lot of the 100 calorie packs and also Breyer's and Weight Watchers ice cream bars that aren't too bad. Also, I live alone right now and just don't buy anything unhealthy that might tempt me. I think things will be harder when I move back in with my parents for 2 months and there's tons of unhealthy snacks!

Ok this tool has been great for me in the past:

Weight Calendar:

Buy a cheap 12 month calendar (or print pages on the months online).
Go through every month and set the goal weight you would like to be at the end of the month.
You can also set weekly goals. Make sure you use a color like red or blue.

Then weigh yourself every day at the same time and write in that number on that day in black. This will help you visually.

Not only will it motivate you but you will start to see patterns when your body is heavier (like right before that time of the month for me!!) and when you tend to be lighter (about a week after my period is over).

And you get excited when you reach your goals or it can give you a little push when you miss them.

Just keep your goals realistic!!!

This thread is such a great idea.:thumbsup2

I told DF right after we got engaged in October that I wanted to lose weight before I had to order my dress. He looked at me and said I didn't need to lose any weight, bless his heart, and he bought me a WiiFit Plus for Christmas.

I gave up soda on New Year's Day, started eating a bit healthier, and lost 12 pounds in eight weeks.

Sadly, I started slacking after spring break in March, and some of it's crept back up on me. But, as soon as graduation passes, I'll have more free time to get back into the swing of exercising every day.

I just lost 12 pounds in 13 weeks before my cruise. I did it by counting calories using the iphone Lose It app. They also have a website. You tell the program your goal and it calculates your daily caloric intake for you. I was shocked when my app told me how many calories were in certain things I was eating almost every day (400 calorie Ice Blended drinks!!!!) I signed up for the Hungry Girl newsletter and read Eat This, Not That. I changed my eating habits only slightly and increased my exersize to five a days a week and I reached my goal.

Then I gained it all back on the cruise. :laughing:

DF and I also did P90X to get in shape for the wedding. And while I was in better shape (able to run up stairs, do full length pushups) I really wasn't losing weight. Probably because I was eating about the same amount of food as before. Now I'm on the cereal diet, I eat cereal for breakfast and dinner, and something more filling for lunch. Sometimes I flip if I want to go out with friends and have cereal at lunch. I carry around Fiber One bars for snacks and drink lots of water. I've lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and definitely a couple of inches around the waist. I'm also working out 2-3 times a week. Of course most of this will be undone once we get to Disney, but as long as the dress fits on the wedding day, who cares!!!!

P90X is great for muscle-building, but if you're looking for more cardio/toning, then look into Insanity, beach body's newest workout program. And it's only 60 days, rather than 90.

My BF is in his final week of P90X, and his before/after pics are crazy. He has built a lot of muscle, but he still carries fat in his tummy (he was actually "skinnier" pre-P90X, but he's definitely stronger and more defined, now). He's doing insanity over the summer to tone his body, then he's going back to P90 again in the fall.

DF and I also did P90X to get in shape for the wedding. And while I was in better shape (able to run up stairs, do full length pushups) I really wasn't losing weight. Probably because I was eating about the same amount of food as before. Now I'm on the cereal diet, I eat cereal for breakfast and dinner, and something more filling for lunch. Sometimes I flip if I want to go out with friends and have cereal at lunch. I carry around Fiber One bars for snacks and drink lots of water. I've lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and definitely a couple of inches around the waist. I'm also working out 2-3 times a week. Of course most of this will be undone once we get to Disney, but as long as the dress fits on the wedding day, who cares!!!!

Ohhhh! Great idea. I might steal your meal plan:rolleyes1

What cereal do you usually eat and do you have restrictions on brands???Hmm thats affordable and reasonable. I might try this out for a few weeks!

Haha I love experimenting. :cutie:

P90X is great for muscle-building, but if you're looking for more cardio/toning, then look into Insanity, beach body's newest workout program. And it's only 60 days, rather than 90.

My BF is in his final week of P90X, and his before/after pics are crazy. He has built a lot of muscle, but he still carries fat in his tummy (he was actually "skinnier" pre-P90X, but he's definitely stronger and more defined, now). He's doing insanity over the summer to tone his body, then he's going back to P90 again in the fall.

Urg maybe I wont try P90x. That just sounds like my college workouts all over again. I have enough muscle. I actually want to loose alot of it (as well as my little tummy!!!) hmmmm

Me and the DF lost weight on the elliptical. Him 18 lbs, me 10 lbs. For me that's a lot since I'm only 4'10.5". The DF is 6"1". We joined the local Anytime Fitness and it's great. They have "virtual" classes which is great for me since I don't like doing new things in front of strangers! :lmao: I did the hip-hop step class for a little over a month before it broke.(has since been fixed). But while that was down, I started on the elliptical. DF has been doing it the whole time. I do about 2 mi. He just tries to burn the same amount of calories each time. Then we do some of the weight machines. We've been going about 2.5 months.

We try not to eat late. We've never been big eaters during the work day. We just try to make sure we snack on things now since we do workout. I like the Quaker Oats peanut butter chip granola bars, the reduced sugar ones. Also the new Special K chips are good.

HTH!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter