dreamsunlimited nonresponsive

My issue wasn't with my Dreams Agent not being responsive. I had other issues. First, I tried to purchase an upgrade to my ticket and my Dreams Agent denied my request and when I inquired further and pushed back, she then allowed me to make an upgrade and replied she thought I was going to WDW when I was actually going to DLR. Second, my Dreams Agent told me that they would apply discounts automatically once announced. In other words, I didn't have to ask for the discount. And, after a discount was announced and Dreams didn't apply the discount to our vacation package automatically, my DW mentioned something to me and then I had to ask my Dreams Agent to apply the discount (which the Agent did).

Frankly, responsiveness wasn't the issue. Instead, I was just asking myself why we hired an Agent to help us.

I haven't completely ruled out using Dreams Unlimited again. But, man, I don't know that I'll be back.

I can chime in and say that I tried to book with Dreams Unlimited for a Disney Wish cruise. I had sailed on the Dream once prior maybe 5-ish years ago and booked that directly with Disney. This time I thought i'd throw some support towards disboards and take advantage of the on-board credits.

I put in a request to book a sailing on the Wish. I sent the request in on Sun Mar 13th in the PM as a new customer. I didn't hear back from anyone until Wednesday March 16th.

On March 14th evening, after not hearing back from anyone for 1 business day, I placed a request with Small World Vacations for the cruise. I heard back from them within an hour with a quote, a hold on my potential reservation, and a ton of info...plus a phone number to setup payment. I pretty quickly called the Agent, got them on the phone immediately, and placed my deposit that evening.

Finally on March 16th, I heard from an Agent from Dreams Unlimited. There wasn't any information about the cruise I had requested...just more of a "got your request, i'll send you a quote soon..." sort of email. I replied immediately back saying that I had already found a different agency and booked with them already. To be fair to the agent, I don't think it was their fault. I think they just found out about the request shortly before they initially emailed me back. I don't want to name them because I don't think it was their fault.

I'm guessing the issue lies in the "Triage" process of new incoming requests for people who don't select a specific agent on the booking form. I didn't know who to pick, so on the booking form I didn't pick a specific agent. I think there was an option for "Any" or something like that. I'm guessing that goes to a queue somewhere and then someone has to check that queue and assign requests out to agents. I think I was stuck in that queue for a few days.

To put it simply: The fact that an initial request took 2-3 days to get me any personalized response back...and not even an actual quote...put me off. In the time it took me to even get an initial response back from Dreams Unlimited, I had gotten frustrated enough to find a different agency, found a different agent, placed a request, heard back, and got a deposit in on another reservation from a different agency...

I don't want to discount what folks have been saying on the boards for a long time: Dreams Unlimited is probably a good agency for Disney Cruise. I heard those recommendations on this very message board and acted on them as a new customer looking to do a Disney Cruise with an agent, without a relationship with an existing agent. After it took 3 days to even get a "hey we're working on it"...it felt like perhaps they didn't need/want my business?

I'm sure some of the individual agents are great at what they do...but as a new comer the initial impression was not good. Initial impressions are lasting.

Yes to reference number and yes to filling in all the details. Thanks I will wait and see then :)
If it helps, I got my quote from my agent (I’m silver, so today was my booking day). I had only received the automated response with reference number up until now since I’d entered details and she didn’t need to ask me any extra questions. But she was absolutely all over it, the quote arrived in my inbox less than 30 minutes after bookings opened this morning.

I’d just like to throw out there that our Dreams TA has been perfect. I’ve emailed questions on a weekend, not expecting an answer until Monday and she emails me back probably within a hour. She produces a newsletter, let’s us know when she’s traveling and informs us of any special deals. She’s also been able to get us discounts on reservations. We’re sailing this Saturday and we’ve had to make changes to our plans. She again quickly responded, answering our questions and adding DCL transportation to our trip, which I later learned was the last day we could do so. If she wasn’t responsive, we’d now be scrambling to get transportation to the port.

Ok i know everyones got bigger things to worry about right now but im not sure what to do?
Ive got some of the OZ cruises on hold through my agent at DU and im trying to pay the deposits now but its saying to come back when business hours are open to submit the payments? Is this just because of the hurricane or do i have to do it during orlando time? Im sure from oz ive always been able to pay previously at any time of day?
Starting to get a bit stressed my holds will drop off now before i can make the payments!
Ive contacted my agent but shes in the hurricanes path so im not expecting her to reply anytime soon.

Ok i know everyones got bigger things to worry about right now but im not sure what to do?
Ive got some of the OZ cruises on hold through my agent at DU and im trying to pay the deposits now but its saying to come back when business hours are open to submit the payments? Is this just because of the hurricane or do i have to do it during orlando time? Im sure from oz ive always been able to pay previously at any time of day?
Starting to get a bit stressed my holds will drop off now before i can make the payments!
Ive contacted my agent but shes in the hurricanes path so im not expecting her to reply anytime soon.
I am not on EST and never have seen this before when paying my balances either. It may be time to spam addresses if you don't have much time... I would shoot your question to Webmaster@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com, Reservations@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com and of course John directly at john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com. Not every agent is in Florida..!

If it helps, I got my quote from my agent (I’m silver, so today was my booking day). I had only received the automated response with reference number up until now since I’d entered details and she didn’t need to ask me any extra questions. But she was absolutely all over it, the quote arrived in my inbox less than 30 minutes after bookings opened this morning.
Thanks. I will wait and see. I don’t seem to be able to get onto the DCL website at all so can’t book it myself.

I found this too, their hours are 8am-8pm EST. In the past I’ve always been able to put our payment details in at times outside that and they just get processed at 8am, but for some reason now you have to enter the details during that period. (I’m guessing it is a security precaution)

It sucks as an option, but maybe you could set an alarm to wake up and do it as soon as it hits 8am EST so you don’t lose your booking. They processed mine within 45 minutes of me submitting it this morning.

I found this too, their hours are 8am-8pm EST. In the past I’ve always been able to put our payment details in at times outside that and they just get processed at 8am, but for some reason now you have to enter the details during that period. (I’m guessing it is a security precaution)

It sucks as an option, but maybe you could set an alarm to wake up and do it as soon as it hits 8am EST so you don’t lose your booking. They processed mine within 45 minutes of me submitting it this morning.
Thanks I did get a reply from my agent telling me this.
She booked them for me yesterday morning so I’ll have to pay tonight. Little bit annoying would love to know the reason for the change.

Still nothing for me. Guess I'm not cruising. Hope HongKong opens up next year!

Still nothing for me. Guess I'm not cruising. Hope HongKong opens up next year!
Sorry they didn’t get in touch, that sucks. There is still plenty of availability on the Australian cruises though since the IT and phone lines were both a mess yesterday, so you could still book

I realize that many has issues before this week but this week specifically please also consider that agents have a lot to do right now with clients with WDW and DCL clients canceling and moving immediately upcoming reservations. And they're probably getting many questions from people unsure what to do in the next few days.

Unfortunately, this isn't a new experience. We requested info and never heard back over a year ago. 🤷‍♂️ Oh well. Thought we'd give them a try but to never respond to a new inquiry isn't a great sign.

They replied! :) with a quote so that is great. However 1st dining was already fully booked and I'm really not sure about late dining for us. Need to do some research on the room number too as concerned about noise- deck 1 , right next to tender lobby (?)
But importantly they were not non responsive :) :)

They replied! :) with a quote so that is great. However 1st dining was already fully booked and I'm really not sure about late dining for us. Need to do some research on the room number too as concerned about noise- deck 1 , right next to tender lobby (?)
But importantly they were not non responsive :) :)
I’m glad you got a quote!

We have ended up with late dining too which I’m annoyed about. My agent requested main dining, but a glitch in the Disney system put us to second seating instead. I‘m waitlisted for main dining and I’m guessing space will open up in a few days when heaps of the people who have holds for quotes decide not to pay the deposit.

At worst, I figure we will grab something to eat earlier (I’ll have a 2.5 year old and an 8 year old) to hold us over and see how the late dining goes.

I hope your research on the room ends up with it being a decent one. Or maybe you can switch when people release their holds. I’m sure there were so many people who will change their minds after seeing the quote.

I realize that many has issues before this week but this week specifically please also consider that agents have a lot to do right now with clients with WDW and DCL clients canceling and moving immediately upcoming reservations. And they're probably getting many questions from people unsure what to do in the next few days.
Yeah, right now they will be run off their feet rearranging things. My experience with them over Covid and when I’ve had a
other last minute issues with my booking have always been excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter