• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

dreamsunlimited nonresponsive

Our experience too about 6ish weeks ago, we waited about three days all ready to book and then we went elsewhere as I feared rate would increase. I think we finally got a reply a week later. With a delay when we’re trying to give them money, I wonder about timeliness if we needed help with anything after booking :(

Edit: This was well before the Disney+ “ backlog”
Last year I requested a quote for a cruise on Royal Caribbean (which they also handle) and never ever got a response, so I booked that one on my own and have recently booked two more RCCLs by myself as well. And this was not during any particularly busy time. I never bothered trying again.

I'd be interested in hearing from those that have posted here about any followup. How many actually took John up on his offer by emailing him and how was the response?

I’ve used Debra from DU for 4-5 trips now and she has been excellent. She was especially amazing arranging all our cancelations and credits when our trips got impacted by Covid - and she didn’t even get paid for that part!

We live in New Zealand so have a very long flight before arriving at WDW and Debra was again invaluable when flight delays meant we ended up arriving 2 days later than expected. She rearranged everything for me while we travelled so that our booking was still correct (and even got us a refund for the 2 nights we missed!) when we arrived. Not to mention it was Thanksgiving weekend so must have been a very annoying time to be having to rearrange things for me.

Like any medium/large company there will be bad experiences sometimes and mistakes will happen, but I’d encourage anyone who does have trouble to take up John’s offer of help. Customer service is everything to him and he’d definitely be wanting to improve bad experiences.

I have been using Beth Czada at Dreams Unlimited for cruise quotes and Disney World / Universal bookings and she has been great - very prompt In responding to any queries. I‘m waiting for bookings to open for Australian cruises - fingers crossed all goes smoothly!

It was pretty quick on the phone this morning, 12 minutes total including doing the survey afterwards. BOOKED :)
Same here. We booked the Disney + offer and it took maybe 20 minutes tops. We never use a travel agent for booking any cruises or trips—it’s faster and easier to do it myself. I don’t want to depend on others to call me back when I know xactly what I want to book.

Add me to the list, too. We tried to use them once but never heard back. Actually, we directed our request to one agent in particular. Never heard anything, so eventually we sent her another email saying we didn't need the quote as we had decided to book on our own. She did respond to that one pretty quickly! Guess she is just too busy. Very disappointed.

Just our experience.

Last edited:
Reading everyone's disappointment with Dreams makes me sad. I have used them for nearly 19 years now (I think I booked our 2003 cruise with them?), and have always had a great response. I feel almost like Merrie is part of my family because she and I have emailed back and forth so many times and that includes information about moving to Florida! :) Not to mention her patience over the years of me booking and cancelling and booking again many cruises (we are platinum on DCL).
I did notice recently that I did not get an email/newsletter update about the Disney + promotion or on the Aus/NZ itineraries from Dreams, and I did think that odd, but put it down to they are busy with the promotions, or the email got blocked/lost. I think Merrie just knows I do my own thing and I tell her exactly what I need and she books it. I realize some people need a bit more involvement and perhaps that is the problem? I just want to provide an alternate view that Dreams DOES communicate and DOES book what you need. I know YMMV, but I didn't want this thread to be a Dreams bashing thread without at least some kudos to them from a long-time, and very satisfied, client. :)
Lisa

Thank you @MickeyD . It does seem to have become a DU bashing thread. I've been using them for many, many years now and have always been happy with the promptness of their service.

My wife and I cruise regularly (5 times so far this year as we catch up with the two years worth of not cruising) and Tracey Heinrichs handles our booking with no drama. She was able to book us on the Wish MV and I'm so glad I didn't have to try booking that myself.

I feel like I need to speak up too, we've been using our Dreams agent for about four years and she's always been wonderful. She was such a huge help navigating all the pandemic cancellations (I think we had three or four cruises cancelled on us by the end of it) and has been great helping us come up with alternatives when something we wanted sold out before our booking window opened. I'm sorry others haven't had the same experience, but it sounds like John would really like to get to the bottom of what's happening if people feel inclined to send him specifics so he can investigate.

I left DU because I didn't enjoy the TA assigned to us for several cruises and while I requested another TA twice for other cruises it kept getting re-routed back the the first TA. It wasn't a good fit and I am the one who decides who gets my bookings. It's really to bad because I did enjoy DU but enough is enough. We found another agency and have been using them. We have a family cruise coming up with three cabins and the cost is a new car so I value who I deal with.

DU has done a lot right to be around as long as it has and be as large as it is. Although unfortunately with size it's more likely to run into bad apple agents. It sounds like most happy people have been with DU a long time and have been with agents around a long time and it's a nice marriage. Most of the long time agents likely have other long- time guests, so that leaves most new bookings to be assigned to newer agents with fewer clients. And maybe the newer, less experienced agents are not yet up to snuff or haven't been fileted out yet. Lots of guessing here so I could be way off. 😬

ETA: filtered* But leaving as fileted because it made me laugh.

Last edited:
DU has done a lot right to be around as long as it has and be as large as it is. Although unfortunately with size it's more likely to run into bad apple agents. It sounds like most happy people have been with DU a long time and have been with agents around a long time and it's a nice marriage. Most of the long time agents likely have other long- time guests, so that leaves most new bookings to be assigned to newer agents with fewer clients. And maybe the newer, less experienced agents are not yet up to snuff or haven't been fileted out yet. Lots of guessing here so I could be way off. 😬

ETA: filtered* But leaving as fileted because it made me laugh.
Totally off topic - sorry everyone. But, I wanted to say to Doberge - I love love love your user name. I am from NOLA and I could go a piece of Doberge cake right now. Ha ha! I had to smile when I saw your pic!

I just want to reiterate what was said prior; of everyone saying they did not get the service they expected, have you taken John up on his offer..? It is honestly the best way to vet their agents - they need this feedback if you have a moment to spare!

I requested a quote on Monday with no response other than the standard that they received my request. I attempted to email John using the links in previous posts. Tried twice, both times the email bounced right back saying it is undeliverable. Not sure what’s going on but I’ll keep looking for a TA.

I just want to reiterate what was said prior; of everyone saying they did not get the service they expected, have you taken John up on his offer..? It is honestly the best way to vet their agents - they need this feedback if you have a moment to spare!
Its only been 2 days of no response, but honestly if I have to call the boss to get service, what kind of service will I get

I requested a quote on Monday with no response other than the standard that they received my request. I attempted to email John using the links in previous posts. Tried twice, both times the email bounced right back saying it is undeliverable. Not sure what’s going on but I’ll keep looking for a TA.

With that said if you are still waiting to hear from an agent or on a quote please write to me at John@DreamsUnlimtedTravel.com -- I am on a cruise now so if you get my auto response don't worry, I check my email at least twice a day and will get back to you.

So far I have not been contacted by anyone on this thread. I have checked my junk/spam email and no emails.

Hey, y'all. John had a typo in his email, he had unlimted instead of unlimited. Try john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter