Dream

I am gluten free, does the animators palate have options

As @PrincessShmoo said, all have options automatically marked. But don't be afraid to ask if something can be modified. I'm gluten-free as well and the things that are automatically gf don't always appeal (I don't eat fish either - not an allergy, but a super strong gag reflex thanks to choking on a fish bone to the point of barfing at school when I was younger - and sometimes the menu options are fishy.) and I don't want to default to the "lighter side" options. Or I want something like the French Onion soup - which they can do without the crouton or they can use gluten-free bread in there. I usually put my order in the night before and will ask if something I want can be modified. Sometimes it can, and they will do their best. Sometimes it can't and I figure something else out.

Also FYI, they can do the chocolate souffle at Palo Dinner and the chicken parmesan at Palo brunch gf! :) If you do dinner, just let them know when you're seated that you'd like that.

To book excursion do I have to wait 75 days prior? Has anyone done the stingray excursion at castaway? Is it worth it

To book excursion do I have to wait 75 days prior? Has anyone done the stingray excursion at castaway? Is it worth it

If this is your first cruise, yes - 75 days prior.

I have not done the sea flap-flap excursion - they freak me out. LOL.

If this is your first cruise, yes - 75 days prior.

I have not done the sea flap-flap excursion - they freak me out. LOL.
Thank you for the info. It’s our first Disney cruise. They freak me out too… lol.
I think my daughter would Iove it, since every time we go to the aquarium that’s the first animal she wants to see.

First Disney Cruise - very exciting.

I knew essentially nothing about cruising when I booked my first one about a month before we sailed. And I certainly didn’t know about forums. I went in blind - and don’t think I really missed anything (other than I didn’t book a placeholder - and regretted it when we sailed again 5 months later. I’ve done the same thing again last month; I just keep thinking I won’t be sailing anytime soon.)

I like to think that life is better when you let some things just happen - like dining rotations, especially for first time events. You don’t know which room you will like better - as you read above, it seems everyone has a favorite - and they are not all the same. On your future Dream cruises, you may have your own preference.

You will eat in each dining room - each with its own menu, and then you will repeat a room on Pirate night. On that night, all the Main Dining Rooms (MDR) will serve the same pirate menu.

Stingrays - I can’t get myself to do this excursion. And yet I imagine it’s an interesting activity, as people do this in many ports. Could this be a parent / daughter bonding time that you don’t have to do personally - “tag, you’re it?”

Nassau - I have been to the Atlantis twice (with DCL). I would do it again, despite costs, if my group was interested (my usual cruising family members have all been there, too, but aren’t chomping at the bit to spend that much).

We also did the dolphin interaction / swim at the Blue Lagoon.

Now, we just stay onboard the ship, especially on a shorter cruise (less than 7 nights - but probably even then).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter