Dream Maiden Voyage Trip Report, A Dream Come True = Completed

Saturday 5th February 2011

We woke about 9am but I had a headache and Lee didn’t feel to great either so we lazed around in the room for a few hours. After a while we decided to have a walk over to Kidani and have a look around the resort as we hadn't been there before.

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

We walked back to Jambo House and went into Mara for some lunch, sorry no pics of lunch - we must have forgotten. I had a Cheese Flatbread and Lee had half a Chicken with Mash.

After lunch we had a walk around AKL and took a few pics:

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

We went back to the room and dropped off our Camera bag, then got the bus to Downtown Disney. Whilst waiting for the bus we decided that today’s animal impression was Monkeys.......what can I say??? Maybe it was because we were staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and we were trying to fit in???? :rotfl:

(Monkey? I look more like a rabbit???)
P1020538.jpg

We headed to the cinema to see what films were on and luckily Tron 3D was just about to start so we got two tickets and went in. Lee was in love with the Cinema from the moment we first walked in! :laughing: It was the first time we had been to a Cinema in the US and it was so much better than back home, lots of food choices and huge comfy seats. In fact I am surprised I managed to stay awake. When we left the cinema it was raining quite heavy and we were only wearing T shirts so we got the bus back to AKL.

We went to our room and changed out of our wet clothes and went down to the lobby where we had a Photopass photo taken:

Photopass.jpg

Then we stopped off at the Victoria Falls bar for a drink, Lee had a Samuel Adam Beer & I ordered a Raspberry Rain – Rain Organics Red Grape Hibiscus Vodka, Chambord, Fresh Raspberries, Lychee, Lemon Juice and Soda Water.

P1020546.jpg

Whilst I saved out table in the bar Lee popped downstairs to see if we could get a table at Jiko for dinner, they weren’t taking any walk in’s until 9pm which wasn’t a problem as it was only 30 mins away so we stayed in the bar until then. At 9pm we went back down to Jiko and checked in, we were seated after about 5 mins.

First we ordered some drinks – a Corona for Lee and I opted for a Sunriser cocktail – Parrot Bay rum, Banana Liquer, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice and Cranberry Juice.

(It was really nice, so nice infact that I was soon ordering another one)

P1020552.jpg

We both skipped the starters and chose the same thing for our Main course, the Oak Fired Filet Mignon, Fingerling potatoes, Green Beans and a Red Wine Reduction.......Mmmmm we love steak!

P1020553.jpg

For Dessert we both only had eyes for the Amarula Crème Brulee with a Chocolate layered bottom served with Biscotti biscuits. It was YUM!

P1020562.jpg

We paid the bill, got a couple of Hot Chocolates from Mara then headed up to our room. We watched tv and used the internet for a while before going to bed.

Coming soon – Hollywood Studios!

Another nice relaxing day Claire. Although technically Kidani is where we own we've never actually seen it as it was still being built when we were out there last, so we'll have to pay it a visit in September.

lovely relaxing day, i love those lamps with birds around it- the detail is so cool.the theming is top notch.

Am in bed with a stinking cold :sick: Just read your report from start to finish and it's really cheered me up :)
Lovely pictures. I'm even more excited about the Dream now, which cat room did you have?
Wow! Don't you guys love steak! ;)

Ahhhh a lovely relaxing day there Claire :cloud9:

I'm loving that 'monkey' photo :rotfl: Your impression made me chuckle!

What a lovely relaxing day Claire, your Kidani photos are lovely ::yes:: and I like the look of that Sunriser cocktail too :thumbsup2

Am in bed with a stinking cold :sick: Just read your report from start to finish and it's really cheered me up :)
Lovely pictures. I'm even more excited about the Dream now, which cat room did you have?
Wow! Don't you guys love steak! ;)

I hope you are feeling better soon Jo. :hug:

We had an Cat 8c, not long for you now! :cool1:

:lmao: We do love steak, I usually choose it when we eat out as i'm a picky eater and it's always a safe option. :)

Ahhhh a lovely relaxing day there Claire :cloud9:

I'm loving that 'monkey' photo :rotfl: Your impression made me chuckle!

We look like a pair of nutters. ;)

What a lovely relaxing day Claire, your Kidani photos are lovely ::yes:: and I like the look of that Sunriser cocktail too :thumbsup2

Thanks Mandy, the cocktail was very moreish.....;)

Claire - another lovely day...we do love our steaks too :)

I just noticed your lovely necklace.

Lovely day Claire.
I have never been for a look around AKL but may do for our next trip. There are a few restaurants there that I like the look of so it would be a good opportunity ot take a tour :goodvibes

Sunday 6th February 2011

I woke about 9am and Lee had already gone for a run, I stayed in bed as I wasn’t feeling to well. After a while Lee came back from the gym baring gifts of Hot Chocolate. :love: He said it was raining out so I didn’t feel too guilty about staying in bed for a bit longer, Lee was happy as he found the Chelsea game on TV so we watched that and then got showered & dressed.

We got the bus to Hollywood Studios, as expected the FP’s for Toy Story Mania were all gone for the day and the queue was 85 minutes……no thanks! We went into the Magic of Disney Animation area as I wanted to meet Lotso, the queue wasn’t too bad so we waited and I got a big hug. :teeth:

P1020578a.jpg

P1020573.jpg

P1020572.jpg

P1020574.jpg

P1020580.jpg

As we left we could hear the parade music just starting in the distance so we found a spot to watch the new 3pm parade (Pixar pals, Countdown to fun!) it was good and had a few different characters but it’s very similar to Block Party Bash.

P1020588.jpg

P1020591.jpg

P1020595.jpg

P1020598.jpg

P1020607.jpg

P1020610.jpg

P1020615.jpg

P1020619.jpg

P1020628.jpg

P1020631.jpg

P1020638.jpg

P1020643.jpg

After the parade we had a quick look in some shops before making our way to Mama Melrose for our dinner reservation, despite being 10 minutes early we still had to wait about 35 minutes before we were seated. Our waitress was really rude, she was very abrupt when she took our order then she would walk over and plonk the drink or plate on the table without saying anything and walk off. :mad: Anyway we ordered some drinks, a Coke for Lee and an Italian Surfer for me – Amaretto, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Pineapple and Cranberry Juice.

P1020649.jpg

We had booked the Fantasmic package so we had a starter, main and dessert and soft drink each. To start we both had the Caesar Salad:

P1020652.jpg

For main course I had Penne alla Vodka – Pasta with pancetta and sweet onion finished with Tomato-Basil sauce, Cream, Vodka and Pecorino Romano:

P1020653.jpg

Continued below.........​

Lee had Chicken alla Parmigiana with Spaghetti:

P1020654.jpg

For dessert we both had Mama’s Tiramisu, neither of us were too keen on it and hardly ate any of it.

P1020656.jpg

We paid the bill and were given a ticket for the separate entrance to Fantasmic. It was almost show time so we walked over to the gate and went in, I don’t think I would do the package seats again as they are at the far end and I prefer to be more in the middle section. We had THE most annoying man sat behind us, he was speaking so loud constantly through the whole show telling his kids what was happening, bickering with his wife etc- argghh! It totally ruined Fantasmic for us both. :mad:

P1020667.jpg

After the show we got the bus back to AKL and watched tv for a while before getting some Zzzzz’s.

Coming soon – Magic Kingdom.​

Yeah I've never thought the package was worth it because of where the seats are.

Lovely photos Claire, especially that one of you and Lotso ::yes::

I wasn't impressed with the Tiramisu dessert thing from Mama Melrose either, it's a real disappointment compared to the one at Tutto Italia

Shame about the waitress at your meal, we had one similar when we did Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic package, she was very rude and un-welcoming.

Hope you were feeling better soon Claire, we don't want you poorly, that means we don't get anymore animal impressions :laughing:

Great photos again.

Sorry to hear you had a bad waitress. I was thinking of eating at Mama Melrose but it gets such mixed reviews. I don't think I'll bother now.

We've only done the FDP once and haven't bothered since.
They really need to change the area for the FDP.

Great photos again.

Sorry to hear you had a bad waitress. I was thinking of eating at Mama Melrose but it gets such mixed reviews. I don't think I'll bother now.

We've only done the FDP once and haven't bothered since.
They really need to change the area for the FDP.

It was my 2nd time of eating at Mama Melrose, the first time was fab. I think the issue is that it is so busy due to the FDP that the staff are stressed out, maybe if you tried it later in the evening or on a day when Fantasmic isn;t on it may be a better experience. The food was nice, well except the Tiramisu but that was just our tastes. You should definately give it a try Michelle. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter