Dream Maiden Voyage Trip Report, A Dream Come True = Completed

Another catch up from me and I have to say I am sooo envious of your photography skills :worship:
In all the times I have tried to take photos of night parades or fireworks I manage to get maybe 1 or 2 good ones in a 100.
I loved that pic of the Chillean miners being led out by the 7 dwarfs :lmao: - too funny.
We love Celebration and always make a trip there on a Sunday morning for breakfast at Market Street cafe (the food at the tavern looked amazing though) and a look around the local farmers market. But I was more pleased to see the Woof Gang Bakery. We went a couple of years ago and there was a dog treat shop called the Dog Bark Bakery but it had gone last time we went. :sad2: At least there is a replacement now :yay:

What a lovely day in Celebration ::yes:: I can't believe that we've never been, maybe I'll pop there one day when the Christmas decorations are up as I think they have snow coming down too

Yet more fab photos Claire :thumbsup2

Oh I've caught up :goodvibes How I've missed your TR with not being on much for the last couple of days. It's really cheered me up Claire, thank-you!

Celebration looks lovely, that is a place I'd like to go visit when I go next time. Even just for food, it looked lovely!

Thank you all for reading. :)

Another catch up from me and I have to say I am sooo envious of your photography skills :worship:
In all the times I have tried to take photos of night parades or fireworks I manage to get maybe 1 or 2 good ones in a 100.
I loved that pic of the Chillean miners being led out by the 7 dwarfs :lmao: - too funny.
We love Celebration and always make a trip there on a Sunday morning for breakfast at Market Street cafe (the food at the tavern looked amazing though) and a look around the local farmers market. But I was more pleased to see the Woof Gang Bakery. We went a couple of years ago and there was a dog treat shop called the Dog Bark Bakery but it had gone last time we went. :sad2: At least there is a replacement now :yay:

Thanks Kenny. :)

I must admit Lee & I did have have a giggle when we saw the 7 dwarves leading the miners down Main Street. :rotfl2:

Woof Gang Bakery had lots of lovely doggie treats, my two pups are stilling eating them now.....we bought quite a few. :rolleyes1

Oh I've caught up :goodvibes How I've missed your TR with not being on much for the last couple of days. It's really cheered me up Claire, thank-you!

Celebration looks lovely, that is a place I'd like to go visit when I go next time. Even just for food, it looked lovely!

Thanks Rachel. :hug: Celebration is lovely place to spend a few hours, they have a Farmers Market every Sunday morning but we went on a weekday. Maybe next time. :)

Thursday 3rd February 2011

We had a lazy start today and eventually got out of the room about 10.30am, we decided to go to Animal Kingdom for a few hours.

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

We took some photos of the Tree of Life and then went into It’s Tough to be a Bug.

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

P1020383.jpg

After It’s Tough to be a Bug we had a look in some of the shops, then headed up to Kilimanjaro Safari’s which was showing a ten minute wait but was in fact a walk on.

P1020386.jpg

P1020388.jpg

P1020394.jpg

P1020398.jpg

We then had a wonder around the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, I could spend all day watching the Gorillas.

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

We were feeling very hungry as we hadn’t had anything to eat, we decided to go to the Rainforest Café so we made our way to the exit stopping for a few photos on the way out.

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

We waited in the bar until the pager went off which was literally as soon as we sat down on the bar stools!

IMG_1646.jpg

Continued below.............

We ordered a drink first, Lee went for a virgin Pina Colada and I had a Monkey Business – no idea what was in it but it tasted good. ;)

P1020404.jpg

For starters I chose the Quesadilla’s and Lee had the Buffalo Wings:

P1020405.jpg

P1020406.jpg

To follow I had a Bacon BBQ Cheeseburger and Lee had Chicken Parmigiana, it was way too much food and we both ate less than half of our mains. :guilty:

P1020408.jpg

P1020407.jpg

After we paid the bill we decided to head back to the resort and relax, we got back to the room about 3pm and made the fatal mistake of lying on the bed……where we both immediately fell asleep!

Thankfully Lee woke about 5pm and we both showered and changed in time for our 6.30pm pick up as tonight we were off to our first ever NBA game - Orlando Magic Vs Miami Heat! (I booked it as a surprise for Lee and gave him the tickets at Christmas.) Once we were ready we went out to the front of the resort to wait for our transfer, who was early and already waiting for us. We had a whole mini bus to ourselves as we were the only pick up.

We were driven to the new Amway Centre, the brand new home for the Orlando Magic team - I could not have asked for a better welcome…….

P1020411.jpg

P1020412.jpg

Captain Mickey!!!!!! :mickeyjum Disney Cruise Line are the sponsors of the Orlando Magic team. We headed inside and were each given a “Game Day” programme and a pack of Bam Bams……..:confused3:

These are Bam Bams – they are a pair of inflatable tubes which have a little blue LED light in them which was still lit the day we came home! They were great fun, waving them around and bashing them together to distract the opposing team when they were trying to shoot.

P1020475.jpg

The cheerleaders……

P1020415.jpg

We had a walk around the arena and got a hot dog and beer then took our seats, they had a huge plane (blimp) that was floating around advertising Airtran:

P1020425.jpg

P1020419.jpg

The teams came out on court to warm up:

P1020427.jpg

Then a young girl sang the Nation Anthem, she was so nervous bless her.

P1020433.jpg

And then the match started:

P1020435.jpg

It was a great atmosphere but unfortunately the Magic didn’t play that well in the first two quarters. During the breaks there was lots of fun games on the court where people could win Airtran flights, also the Magic’s Mascot was chasing everyone and getting the crowd cheering:

P1020457.jpg

P1020448.jpg

P1020466.jpg

There was lots of advertising for Disney Cruise Line shown on the screen throughout the evening, especially the Dream:

P1020443.jpg

Including one of the Magic’s players having a go on the Dream’s Aquaduck!

P1020446.jpg

The Magic eventually caught up in the last Quarter but not enough to win – the final score was 104 to the Miami Heat and 100 to the Magic:

P1020473.jpg

It was a great evening and a fun new experience, we met the driver right outside and we were soon on our way back to AKL. We got back around 11.30pm and went straight to bed.

Coming soon….. Downtown Disney and Epcot!​

What a fantastic day.
As usual your pictures are incredible and you have one of the best shots of the lion that I have ever seen in a trippie. And those gorilla pics - wow.
I always find it really cool to read about things that people have done differently from the usual parks and other Florida bits and you certainly gave us something new :goodvibes
And even though its only 8am I could really eat a bacon cheese burger right now :woohoo:

another fantastic day, love your animal piccies, especially the Meercat :goodvibes

Well finally, after days of reading, I have finally caught up and wow!!! is all I can say Claire, your report is blooming brilliant, best photos I have ever seen, and Im so enjoying it hon, cant wait to read more:goodvibes:goodvibes

What a great day Claire. I love those chairs in the RainForest Cafe (yet another place I've never been to) and the food looks delish too. More lovely pics ::yes::

I spy some more competition winning photos Claire. :goodvibes

I think I will have to look into getting basketball tickets next time DH would love that.

I'm loving your trip reoprt and Your photos are brill, can I please be nosy and ask what camera you have?

DS would love to see a basketball game but I don't tink they play in September:sad2:

Oh wow! I'm loving the basketball photo's! And that huge Mickey as a welcome - you couldn't have planned it better if you'd tried :banana: Another fantastic update Claire! I don't want it to end!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter