Dream Big, Live Grand - 4th of July at the Grand Floridian!

Just joining in! Loving the TR so far. You sound like me on my last trip w/my family...I was all about getting to the parks early and beating the crowds, but my family didn't believe it until they saw for themselves! Why don't they just trust us disney freaks?!

It sounds like you guys had a great time in BB. I've never been. My dad has always prefered to go to TL. And god bless you for having patience to be between the 2 groups of foreign kids :worship: Cause if it were me...I would've been on the Orlando news for attacking kids...i have no patience for them..they're loud, annoying, smelly and just the worst :mad:

Hi, Victoria! :wave2: I'm joining in! Your family reminds me so much of my own. Plus, we were at WDW at the same time (July 3rd-8th)!

Thanks for joining in! :) Maybe we were in the same place at the same time or saw eachother in passing without knowing. I always wonder if I'm standing around other DISers whenever I'm at WDW. I intended to put the lime green paint chip on my bag as a key chain or something, but I forgot... and I'm not quite sure where I'd attach it!

Thank you!! I can't believe you guys have never been to BB!! Getting there first thing when it opens is the best way to get everything done. Sounds like you had a good time! Keep the updates coming...please?

We've always been so park-oriented... never had time for the water parks. My parents didn't really know much about them, either. I persuaded Dad into it by mentioning that it was only $4 extra per person per day in comparison to the $45 gate price. Once he heard that, he was sold! :laughing:

We had a great time going to the water parks - did ya'll go to Typhoon Lagoon, too??

No, we haven't gone to Typhoon Lagoon, yet, but we bought the 10-day park hopper no expiration passes with water parks and more, so I'm sure we'll be back. We still have 9 more water parks and more days left. I think we'll probably try out Typhoon Lagoon on our next trip! Blizzard Beach had just always appealed to Rachel and I since we were little kids (we used to watch the free vacation planning videos for fun... we'll still pop one in when packing for a trip to get us excited about our vacation! :rotfl:). What's funny is that Rachel had always wanted to do the iceberg course thing... then we went over there and realized it was for kids 12 and under.... we were seven/five years too late! :laughing:

Your trip to Blizzard Beach looks fun! I was only ever there for a class trip - it was too cold to be in the water really (and everyone was so worn out), it was pretty much just a glorified naptime and everyone got sunburned. Not the best first impression! It seems like a park that's more fun to do in a small group (racing, etc.) anyway. :confused3

I don't blame your mom for eating Wheat Thins! A box of those (or a bag of Sun Chips) only last about two days in our house. They're just so good!

No, we haven't gone to Typhoon Lagoon, yet, but we bought the 10-day park hopper no expiration passes with water parks and more, so I'm sure we'll be back. We still have 9 more water parks and more days left. I think we'll probably try out Typhoon Lagoon on our next trip! Blizzard Beach had just always appealed to Rachel and I since we were little kids (we used to watch the free vacation planning videos for fun... we'll still pop one in when packing for a trip to get us excited about our vacation! :rotfl:). What's funny is that Rachel had always wanted to do the iceberg course thing... then we went over there and realized it was for kids 12 and under.... we were seven/five years too late! :laughing:

My girls much preferred Blizzard Beach to TL - but I thought that TL was much prettier - especially in the lazy river (which was my favorite thing about both parks! :lmao:) And my youngest LOVED the ice berg course. She and her friend spent a lot of time there and on the zip line. But my oldest and her friend are 13 so the area was verbotten!

What did ya'll think of the crowds while you were there? We were there at the same time and didn't think they were bad at all - at least I was thinking Summer and July 4th would be horrible, so it was a pleasant surprise. But all the rain - yuck!

What did ya'll think of the crowds while you were there? We were there at the same time and didn't think they were bad at all - at least I was thinking Summer and July 4th would be horrible, so it was a pleasant surprise. But all the rain - yuck!

We actually managed to avoid most of the crowds and had no problem at all with rain! The one time it rained, we had already gotten on the monorail to head back to our resort. We took our much-needed nap, and when we left the resort for dinner, the rain was all gone. It didn't rain on us any other day of our trip! It's the best luck we've had with weather in Orlando in a few trips!

Loving your tr and subbing.
I'm an adult and I wish I could go on the iceberg things too.

I've been to a Disney wedding and the horse and carriage is over rated. Cute but for the money you could do something else more spectacular and that would last longer. You will make a gorgeous Disney bride someday.

Keep the pics coming

IMG_8922.jpg

Okay, so we had a short walk to 1900 Park Fare. Rachel was fussing about how her dress fit, so Mom went back to the room to get some Fashion tape. In the meanwhile, Dad went to go get food. Well, Cinderella came and noticed we were alone and said she'd come back. Then Prince Charming came, but Dad was already on his way back to the table, so Prince Charming stayed.

Prince Charming was odd. He asked us if we practiced our matters like Cinderella's stepsisters, Anastasia and Drisella. Well... Rachel was confused because she thought that he was saying Anastasia and Drisella were polite and Cinderella wasn't or something. After an awkard silence, I said, "Uhh... yesss..." He then went on to tell us that we should practice them with Cinderella because she's a princess. I was wondering if we did something wrong to offend him... :confused3 did he think we were not being polite or something? We are southern ladies wearing dresses.... who did this "prince" think he was? :laughing: Well, Charming (err... not-so-charming) made us do the typical, hands clasped over heart 'princess' pose. Whenever the characters want me to do that, I always want to tell them no thank you.... this might be cute for little girls, but it's not very flattering for adults.

IMG_8926.jpg

Next was Cinderella. She was pretty, but not very chatty.... thank goodness! :worship:

IMG_8928.jpg

Rachel said that she likes it better when the characters can't talk! :rotfl:

We had a little break from the characters, so we went to get food. We noticed that Lady Tremaine was very in character when they played a song for Cinderella and Prince Charming to dance to. She storms by and says, "This is a restaurant, not a ball!" :laughing:

We were watching her as she circled the room. She was very good at the part. Then, she came to the table next to us. It was a family of four that looked to be from India by names (all wearing birthday buttons) and accent.

"Oh, look... you all have cupcakes because you all have a birthday on the very same day - which happens to be today. How ironic."

Ohhh... we couldn't hold in our laughter! We were rolling!!! :rotfl2:

"Sooo... who's the faker?" There was a slight language barrier. They didn't really understand. "Whose birthday is it really?" They look at eachother. "Nobody's birthday?" No one claimed it...

Then it was picture time. "Come on kids, your parents aren't paying for just the food... they're paying for the experience." Isn't that the truth? :lmao:

We were all laughing, but it was my mother that was laughing the hardest. And Lady Tremaine noticed.

Then it was our turn. Lady Tremaine came over and said, "Now, I'm going to sit down because it's been a long day, I'm tired, and I like you people." She sat down beside my mother on the bench. "I'm so sick of these little princesses and all of the glitter. I don't like glitter. It gives a false impression - that I'm happy."

Ohh, goodness. :lmao: She chatted a bit longer and then we took pictures. I think she was glad to have someone who appreciated her sense of humor.... the little princesses weren't buying it.

We were supposed to look disgusted... Rachel kind of failed.

IMG_8930.jpg

So we had to retake...

IMG_8931.jpg

Lady Tremaine was definitely the highlight of the night.

Next came Anastasia. She got really offended when Mom asked her which one was she. :laughing: She wasn't going to tell us... Luckily, I knew!

IMG_8933.jpg

IMG_8934.jpg

Then Drisella had some funny faces... so Dad kept taking her picture.

IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8936.jpg

IMG_8938.jpg

I've already gone over the food in my review at the beginning of the TR, but I'll recap a little. Very little selection, and not much of the food is expensive. And the desserts were gross. Key lime pie with a chocolate crust? Yuck!

Dad was not pleased with the price in comparison the the quality. We went there because we were staying at the Grand Floridian, and we had enjoyed breakfast there. Dinner... not so much. It's more expensive and the food is worse. The best thing about the evening was Lady Tremaine. Still, no way I'd shell out $40+ a person just to see Lady Tremaine again. Maybe if I had one of those glittery little princesses, it would be another story.

My father is proof that an expensive camera doesn't make you a good photographer. I work for a professional photographer, so I can pick out all of the flaws, and my dad's pictures really annoy me. But, I feel like I should at least share a few amateur photos.

In Dad's defense, it wasn't a very good time of day for picture taking with the long evening shadows.

IMG_8939.jpg

IMG_8941.jpg

IMG_8943.jpg

IMG_8944.jpg

IMG_8945.jpg

IMG_8946.jpg

IMG_8960-2.jpg

IMG_8962.jpg

IMG_8974.jpg

And Dad found a rabbit...

IMG_8980.jpg

LOVE :love: the TR and the pics!!! We are heading to the GF in 3 weeks and 6 days (who is counting? ME!! :cool1:) Completely LOVE the bags your mom made. I see I have a project to do before we leave. My DD (15) and her BFF (16) would love those bags for our trip. We will be celebrating my daughter's 16th birthday party: and this will be her BFF's first trip to WDW.

You girls are so beautiful !! I can tell you work for a photographer. Your pictures are really good. Can't wait to see more.

Loved the Lady Tremaine story! :rotfl: I also love your dress! Where's it from?

Loved the Lady Tremaine story! :rotfl: I also love your dress! Where's it from?

I don't know! My sister brought it to me from her shopping spree in Brookhaven, Mississippi. Apparently they just have the cutest boutiques! It's in the wash at the moment, but when it's clean, I'll check the tag!

I'm a little late joining in but I just finished reading everything so far. I have a daughter your age and love seeing it through your eyes. You are adorable and look just like your mom. I love the closeness you share with your sister.

Your sister's crocs are so cute! Were they comfortable to walk around in the parks? I'm thinking I might like a pair. Just wondering if you saw them in other shops are just a Mouse Gear.

Your mom could make a fortune selling her bags. Who wouldn't buy one?

Your sister's crocs are so cute! Were they comfortable to walk around in the parks? I'm thinking I might like a pair. Just wondering if you saw them in other shops are just a Mouse Gear.

Your mom could make a fortune selling her bags. Who wouldn't buy one?

She didn't complain anymore after she got them! :laughing: She said they were comfortable, but she could still feel her stones. And she's normally a 6.5, so she wasn't sure whether to get a 6 or a 7. I pointed out that they might stretch, and she should probably go with the smaller size so that they didn't slip and rub her heels. And it's a good thing she did. She thought she might rub a blister on her heels, but she didn't. It was a little raw, though.

And with the bags, I've already gotten a few inquiries about whether my mom would make some. She may have an Etsy shop in her future! (Though, technically, this Etsy selling isn't legal.... I really doubt that any Etsy seller has bought the rights to the Disney licensed characters, and while someone can make something Disney for themself, they aren't supposed to profit from it. So, we might just give them as gifts or let people cover the price of materials if they really want one.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter