Dream Big, Live Grand - 4th of July at the Grand Floridian!

Fountain by Courtyard Pool

IMG_8800.jpg

IMG_8801.jpg

Courtyard Pool

IMG_8806.jpg

IMG_8807.jpg

Another fountain shot....

IMG_8810.jpg

Summerhouse

IMG_8812.jpg

IMG_8813.jpg

IMG_8814.jpg

IMG_8815.jpg

See Bay Lake in the distance?

IMG_8828.jpg

And then I spotted it... a WEDDING!

IMG_8829.jpg

Squint a little.... look to the left of the picture, and you can see the top of Cinderella's Coach. See the white-haired guy? That's Major Domo. Both are very pricey wedding add-ons. We have a big spender here! And judging by the music, it was an Irish wedding.

IMG_8830.jpg

My curiousity got the best of me and I decided to attempt to sneak up on the wedding...

"Look guys.... I just want a better picture of the Polynesian!"

IMG_8831.jpg

Hello, Wedding Pavilion!

IMG_8832.jpg

IMG_8833.jpg

I passed the Health Club and realized that there was no place I could hide without looking totally obvious and creepy. So I turned back without creeper wedding photos! :laughing:

I went back to photographing the GF...

IMG_8834.jpg

IMG_8836.jpg

Main Lobby

IMG_8837.jpg

IMG_8838.jpg

IMG_8839.jpg

IMG_8840.jpg

IMG_8841.jpg

The light in the upper level of the lobby was making it difficult for me to get a decent shot from above...

IMG_8843.jpg

IMG_8844.jpg

IMG_8845.jpg

IMG_8846.jpg

IMG_8848.jpg

IMG_8849.jpg

IMG_8850.jpg

IMG_8851.jpg

IMG_8842.jpg

We walked to the Polynesian for dinner at Kona Cafe.

In the meantime, we passed the wedding pavilion....

DSCN8162.jpg

DSCN8163.jpg

DSCN8165.jpg

We were fashionably late....

IMG_8865.jpg

We got seated on the wall in the back. I think I prefer sitting on the edge of the restaurant... better for people watching.

Our waiter's name was Justin. I remember this because we were always asking, "Where's Justin?" If you forgot about my complaints about the slow service in my review, I'll remind you a little...

We came to Kona specifically because Rachel loves their bread. It is delicious. Well, this guy didn't refill our bread basket... until we asked him and then reminded him, again. Wouldn't have minded a third loaf, either....

I had the crab cakes, which is listed as an appetizer for two, but it hardly makes an entree for one. I ate some of my mother's shrimp noodles. Rachel and Dad got the chicken with salad.

Great pics! GF is an absolutely beautiful hotel (I have only seen it once when I went to meet a fellow Dis'r to do a stroller swap for my daughter but fell in love with it). Your dad's description of attractions is too cute! Loved the pics in front of the Castle :love:

Love your report and your pics are gorgeous! We have stayed at the GF a couple of times (Boca Chica) and I'm with you....I love this resort, very relaxing and everyone was so friendly.

Great trip report. I love the pictures of you and your sister. I have two daughters one is 17 and the oldest is 23. I have pictures of them jumping in front of the castle, looking at awe at the castle and several other poses very close to you and your sister's poses.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report.

Lucy

After we FINALLY got out of Kona, we hopped on the monorail and headed to MK.

It was almost time for the first showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade. Main Street was packed, so we took this as an opportunity to get links taken out of the watch Max gave me for Christmas.

After the parade, we decided to head out on Main Street and fight for a spot to view the fireworks. It was really crowded.

We had a really great spot, but then this guy rolled up behind us..... and the smell was so bad, we had to leave. Note to self.... if you want to get a good fireworks viewing spot, don't bathe for weeks!!! :pinch:

We found another decent spot, though.

The Magic, the Memories, and You was a cute show, but I didn't really get any good pictures of it.

I have, however, gotten better at taking fireworks pictures.

DSCN8176.jpg

DSCN8177.jpg

DSCN8179.jpg

DSCN8181.jpg

DSCN8184.jpg

DSCN8189.jpg

DSCN8190.jpg

DSCN8195.jpg

DSCN8197.jpg

DSCN8202.jpg

Isn't GF the best? I hope the rumors are true that they are building a DVC-GF.

I know what you mean about getting a spot for the fireworks except what usually happens to us is we find a spot an hour before the parade, sit there for the entire time and then right before the parade, someone walks up and parks their kids (and usually their "large frame") right in front of us! :mad: I don't have the heart to tell the kids to move though.

Keep the TR coming....loving it! :cool1:

All caught up and subbing! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip- GF is one of our choices for our anniversary trip next year. It looks beautiful! :goodvibes

After the fireworks, we walked the parade route toward Frontierland to find a good viewing spot. Since the parade went from Main Street to Frontierland the first time, we assumed it went from Frontierland to Main Street for the second time. It also made sense because the park closed at 11:00, and the parade started at 11:00, so wouldn't they want to lead people towards the front of the park???

Apparently not.... we waited and waited and realized that the parade was clearly coming from Main Street, again. :glare:

DSCN8214-1.jpg

DSCN8216-1.jpg

DSCN8243-1.jpg

IMG_8874-1.jpg

IMG_8882-1.jpg

IMG_8884-1.jpg

IMG_8887-1.jpg

I LOVE those bags! :love: That will serve as inspriation for me to make my own for my next trip ;) And the smelly person :lmao: I completely understand...atleast it was only one person...I have been stuck with horrible smelling Brazilian teenage tour groups.. :scared1: :eek: not fun,lol

Thank you! Thank you! for finally getting me some pictures!! 2 points - tell mom I want one of those bags!! I am going in January and will need it by then. :) 2nd - I better be a guest of honor at your disney wedding - I KNOW you are going to have one!!:cool1:
Waiting for more.....

Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!