Dream a Little Dream With Me - 4/3 Final two posts!!!! Hope to see you real soon!

All caught up. What a lovely BLT view. Perfect.

I can't wait to try Bluezoo in May. Crab nachos - they sound great. I might have to try them.

Capped off by a perfect evening at the Cali Grill.

And the Dream pictures - awesome. How great that you were able to add two more reservations at Palo.

Adult pool - nice!

You're room is really cute.

Great TR. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! We will be traveling with you on the June 21 Dream double dip! :cool1:

So it looks like if we don't get the Palo reservations on Saturday, we should just go straight there when get aboard?

You got it! 1pm is the magic time when they start taking reservations.
I got from the CMs there that they only put 10 - 20% of the available reservations on line. They think they should have more, because too many people just assume there isn't space (since online it reports "full")... We had already decided on Palos but Remy was mostly empty on Embarkation night as was Palos...

Oh you are definitely tempting me on trying a cruise. I can't get over how empty the pool area was... at least initially. Was it ever difficult to find chairs at the pool? I am loving this whole "drink of the day" concept. :rolleyes1 Can't wait to hear about Palo!

Oh do it!!! :laughing: Well it wasn't like that the whole time, and some days it was more so... We had luck each day, but that is because we went to use the gym, and then on our way out, we grabbed a few chairs, put our flip flops down between them on the table, and then went down to change... I realize that wasn't following the rules exactly, :rolleyes1 (you are not supposed to save seats) but we just wanted seats in a particular area... there were others available still... I don't think it got really busy until later in the morning (10 - 11am) and then it seemed bad again in the late afternoon. there were still seats. The only day it was really crowded from early on, was the "at sea day" Palo was AWESOME.

WOW.WOW.WOW. Your post has me both, so excited and VERY stressed! The ship looks beautiful! So, I am going to pick your brain a bit......
HEY DIANE!!! :goodvibes No problem! I will do my best to answer your questions... I am going to go through each day with as many reflections and tips as I can. I really used this cruise to scout things out, AND have fun!!!

we have never been on a Disney cruise before, do you suggest we get to the port early for our June cruise?

Well, for the past two cruises, we have gotten there early. But last week was the first time I had to stand in a "people" line to get into the terminal... I imagine that will be the case in June as well. I like getting to the port early so I can get on the boat as early as I can, but I am not sure if getting their early really makes the difference in the end. Meaning, I don't know if things would be different if I waited to arrive at 1... I suspect the total time would be shorter, but not sure if it would be harder to get reservations, etc. Once in the terminal it isn't bad, I think we are planning to do the same thing, arrive at 10, and drop off the rental car.

I would like to try to book a Palo dinner ressie, can I do that before embarkation day? Can you sign the kids up for the clubs online? Even if I sign them up online, do I still have to register them at the port?

You can try, but it seems to me that most if not all of the reservations available online will already be booked out. Fortunately there are more reservations available than put out on line. I was able to secure an early dinner on embarkation night before we arrived for the cruise, and then added a night and a brunch while on the ship. I guess I am saying TRY, but don't be too alarmed if you miss it. As a Castaway Cay member I get to book a little sooner, but before me several groups have already had the chance, so I just trusted the CM I spoke with and tried when we got on board. We were able to get what we wanted no problem.

regarding the Kids Club, yes, you can sign them up online, but you still have to "check them in" and get their badge/wristband... most say it is a fast line. I think this time they had a failure in the system or something.

I want to book a spa package as well, can I do this online too?

YES, if you go to the excursions and extras tabs under your cruise, you can see what they offer, and book in advance. Then you get a card in your stateroom with the details. We had this for the Rain room and I bought some water. This is on the DCL site.

Where do you suggest my family and I watch the sailaway party from?
You know the upper decks seem easier to see things from, and I was right in a corner as the stairs descended, and that worked great for me... :thumbsup2 As long as you are on the rail, you have a great spot. :thumbsup2

Does DCL send you info about all the documentation and forms you need for the cruise?
YES! Be sure to do online checkin. DCL will send you a packet with a little binder and the details for extras, etc. somewhere close to two weeks before hand, or less I think. You will find your luggage tags, ME express etc.

Sorry for the crazy questions!!! Your day sounds INCREDIBLE so far a nd I love the inside stateroom, that is where we are booked! Thanks!:goodvibes

Hey Diane, you guys are going to have a blast! The inside state room was great fun! it is a nicely appointed room!

Glad you are here reading along!!! :surfweb:

I absolutley LOVE the morning shots from BLT!:cool2:

Yay!!! I know. SO pretty right?! :goodvibes

Signing on for the fun of your trip report. Can't wait for more!!popcorn::popcorn::

Great! Glad you are here! I have lots more to share!! This weekend! :thumbsup2

:wave2:
Thanks for sharing your TR! Reading it is getting me all geared up for the June DD!!!!! :woohoo:
Robin

YAY! I agree! Me too! It will be a great trip -- can't wait to be at Castaway Cay TWICE!!! :cloud9:

Hi Happy Dog!

It has been a while (ever since my July trip) since I have posted on the boards! I just wasn't into it that much with no Disney trip planned---I know, I am a bad diser!

I can't wait to read all about your Dream cruise! We had originally planned to go on that cruise but decided to head elsewhere on vacation. We are now planning a 5 day cruise in April 2012 over spring break so I am anxious to hear about this one and the one this summer.

The sail away party looks like so much fun! I am anxious to hear your thoughts about the portal. It looks neat.

:surfweb:Can't wait for more!

Erika

Well HI there! Glad you are here to join along and get ready for your own cruising fun! :surfweb:

GREAT GREAT trip reportpopcorn::

THANK you! Thanks for reading!! :goodvibes

Love the pics. My Sail Away party pics are from the opposite side!

Shh...we were in that really long line at 10 and got boarding #3.

:laughing: Well, where did you go when you got on board??!! And what time did you get there to get that #??!!! :laughing: Come on, now -- I confessed!!! :upsidedow That was a "sold out" cruise, too.. as is the one we have in June, so I really am curious to know how much earlier I have to get there :rolleyes:

All caught up. What a lovely BLT view. Perfect.

I can't wait to try Bluezoo in May. Crab nachos - they sound great. I might have to try them.

Capped off by a perfect evening at the Cali Grill.

And the Dream pictures - awesome. How great that you were able to add two more reservations at Palo.

Adult pool - nice!

You're room is really cute.

Great TR. Can't wait to read more.

Well HELLO there!! Having fun on FB??!! :laughing:

It was really a great 24 hours in the world! We entertained ourselves quite well! :laughing: YOU will LOVE BlueZoo!!!! YUM!!!!

We were really happy with our cruise. It was great fun!!!

Lots more to share! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! We will be traveling with you on the June 21 Dream double dip! :cool1:

Oh my, when I first read that you got to the port at 10:00 and got boarding number NINE, I think I looked like this :scared1: But it sounds like 9 wasn't such a bad number after all.

I'm curious too as to what time KayW arrived, I'd really like to have a low number!

Good to know that plenty of Palo ressies were available on board, being a first time cruiser I know I won't be able to get one in advance.

I'm already dreaming of that drink of the day!

We were on the 9:30 shuttle from Country Inn and Suites. We didn't have luggage just 3 carry on duffle bags (light packers!). There was a line when we got there at just before 10. People were still coming off the ship so there was a lot of confusion on what to do. I don't know what time we were let in, but there really weren't any major lines. Security was quick, medical form easy, and I walked right up to the CM to officially check in. After we checked in, that is when the place got crazy!

The line for hte kids club bands-that was another story!

Joining in so I can learn as much as possible about the Dream before our cruise next year! :rotfl: This will be our 4th DCL cruise, but the one in October 2008 was the first time we had to do the boarding number thing. We got to the port around 11 and got #22!!! We were so upset, but we were still onboard by 12:30. :confused3

We are now planning a 5 day cruise in April 2012 over spring break so I am anxious to hear about this one and the one this summer.

Are you on the 4/5/12 cruise? We have a meet thread started...come over and join us! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2610222

Oh my, when I first read that you got to the port at 10:00 and got boarding number NINE, I think I looked like this :scared1: But it sounds like 9 wasn't such a bad number after all.

I'm curious too as to what time KayW arrived, I'd really like to have a low number!

Good to know that plenty of Palo ressies were available on board, being a first time cruiser I know I won't be able to get one in advance.

I'm already dreaming of that drink of the day!

Yes I know! I have to say we could have been there earlier, but I wasn't going to give up my WDW morning for that. AND I was really happy to discover that 9 was not at the end... the boarding number gave me great perspective. You don't have to break your neck trying to get to the terminal, or leave any earlier. We left WDW at 9am, so if you are closer, it wont be that early.

Drink of the day was FABULOUS! They have non alcoholic and alcoholic choices. A couple bucks less than the standard bar prices..

Welcome!

We were on the 9:30 shuttle from Country Inn and Suites. We didn't have luggage just 3 carry on duffle bags (light packers!). There was a line when we got there at just before 10. People were still coming off the ship so there was a lot of confusion on what to do. I don't know what time we were let in, but there really weren't any major lines. Security was quick, medical form easy, and I walked right up to the CM to officially check in. After we checked in, that is when the place got crazy!

The line for the kids club bands-that was another story!

So we must have been about 20 people or so back in the line from eachother! I think the boarding #s must really be small groups, because if I was getting in line probably 15 minutes after you, it makes sense... YES later in the morning, after 11am, I agree. BUSY.

Yes it was quite a line I saw going on!!! But I did hear it wasn't that way normally, so fingers crossed for June!

WELCOME!!! Glad you're here!

Joining in so I can learn as much as possible about the Dream before our cruise next year! :rotfl: This will be our 4th DCL cruise, but the one in October 2008 was the first time we had to do the boarding number thing. We got to the port around 11 and got #22!!! We were so upset, but we were still onboard by 12:30. :confused3

There are lots of great reports and tips on the Cruise board, especially with the Dream... Check them out!!!! :thumbsup2 Exactly. I think they move along pretty quickly, so there really isn't a need to panic!

Joining in.

Welcome! :goodvibes

Jen, thank you SO much for taking the time to answer all of my questions, I really appreciate it! We really are so excited! I hope we can meet up for a drink onboard!:thumbsup2

Yes I know! I have to say we could have been there earlier, but I wasn't going to give up my WDW morning for that. AND I was really happy to discover that 9 was not at the end... the boarding number gave me great perspective. You don't have to break your neck trying to get to the terminal, or leave any earlier. We left WDW at 9am, so if you are closer, it wont be that early.

Well, we have a Boma breakfast ressie at 7:45 that morning. I fully intend to enjoy it and not rush through it too. I need to just take a "we'll get there when we get there" approach - I'm just not sure the OCD part of me can do that :lmao:

Drink of the day was FABULOUS! They have non alcoholic and alcoholic choices.

Where the fun in that?! :rolleyes1

Let me just say for the record that I am so glad it is Saturday, and I finally have a chance to catch up on all your adventures!

Yes, count me in as another DISer who loves early mornings at WDW!

Those candy boxes are very cute!!! I will have to remember to keep an eye out for them in May.

DH's dramatic pose is very funny! :lmao:

I would have stressed over getting number nine as well, but glad it wasn't anywhere near as bad as you thought.

Remy's is gorgeous on the inside! Is it another restaurant like Palo's or on the normal rotation?

Ah, a drink to start off the cruise! Just perfect! :lovestruc

I have a feeling this TR is going to make me really want to take a cruise on the Dream! :rotfl:

Sounds like a good start to your voyage. Looking forward to more!

After the Sail Away Party, I zipped down to our cabin, cleaned up and got dressed. I then headed up to Palo’s! :goodvibes Here are some photos there at the restaurant. Next time I am going to ask our server to take some photos of us, but I did take a few of the restaurant area… I am not one to take pics of food, sorry guys! But I did take some of the restaurant. After dinner we went to the show, and walked about the ship. Here is what we saw on that first night…

Shots from Palo’s…

This was as I turned around from our table by the windows... notice no guests... this stayed empty the entire time we were there, 6:30 - 8:30.

DisneyCruise2011066.jpg

VERY cool chandelier in the entrance

DisneyCruise2011067.jpg

The entrance when you come up the stairs from Aft... Left is Palo and Right is Remy's

DisneyCruise2011182.jpg

Okay okay, I don’t normally go around taking photos of bathrooms, but really, I was so amazed that things were so elegant and well appointed, and how each area of the ship “fit” the theme of the location… so here is what they looked like at Palo/Remy’s….

DisneyCruise2011181.jpg

DisneyCruise2011214.jpg

The tile work in all the bathrooms was really amazing, I mean I don’t normally notice these kind of things, but I was really impressed with the craftsmanship on the boat and the attention to theme and color. It really was neat.

So ABOUT Palos… AMAZING, FABULOUS food! I LOVED it. NO disappointment, except the pizzas. NOT like I remember from before, and not that great. Save your appetite! :sad2: choose another appetizer! Don’t forget you can sample stuff, don’t assume one starter/entrée is it! DH and I each had a starter and split another… the second night we each had an entrée and split a pasta (rather asked for ½ portions to sample) It was nice not to feel like we had too much food, but got what we wanted! The menu is full of fabulous choices!!! :thumbsup2

It was at dinner we decided to get the wine package. We ended up getting the deluxe wine package… they have NICE wine choices. We got a red this first night, a white the second, finished that white the third night, then had a bottle of sparkling wine the fourth night. It was $129.00 but the wines outright were more, and over the course of four nights, the 3 bottle package was right for us.

I will also say, the dining room was EMPTY. There was maybe 10 tables total. They even gave some of the Palos staff the night off. Our waiter even suggested that Remy’s had even fewer patrons, or didn’t have any at all?! I never got that clear. To me this just convinced me even more that no matter what it seems, reservations could be available, especially that first night onboard. We MISSED Animator’s for the chance to go to Palos. Which I could accept knowing of the three it is the one we will most likely NOT give up for the kids next cruise. So knowing that it was similar to the old one (with many new twists) I still figured it would be the restaurant to see with the boys.

The Meridian Bar by night… we visited it also during the afternoon, the next day!

DisneyCruise2011183.jpg

So as I said we then headed down to Deck 4 and walked the promenade outside, almost got blown away with the wind LOL! But strolled a little then headed to the theater... I got a little braver with the photos later in the cruise (while in the theater, I mean) but here is a few I took of the theater, without flash, just of the proscenium in the theater. I have better later on. This show was The Golden Mickeys.

DisneyCruise2011072.jpg

DisneyCruise2011073.jpg

We strolled around a little, it was the 9 pm show we saw, so after I just wanted to explore. I took much better photos during the cruise!

DisneyCruise2011069.jpg

This is the Vista cafe area, it is opposite Shutters (the photographer area) and they have great coffee drinks and small pastries, etc. there. It was a nice place to sit and have a coffee. It was pretty and there was a nice view below to the 3rd level and main lobby. You could hear the pianist from there. This is also where the Cruise booking agent and the DVC agent had desks!!! :rolleyes1

DisneyCruise2011070.jpg

DisneyCruise2011071.jpg

It being the first night, I guess a lot of people really turned in after dinner and the show (the 5 and 7 pm show being busier I think) but really we never saw great amounts of people. The ship hides how many people are really on board!!! There are FOUR areas I felt gave you the impression that the ship was “full”:

The lobbies in front of dining rooms, about 30 minutes BEFORE dinner times.. The shops and the shopping area lobby before and after shows in the theater (people waiting to go in, people exiting in large numbers, and of course going right into the shops!)

The pool decks around the main pools generally each day, all day.

The adult pool deck from noon – 4

The shows (the theaters themselves)

character meets

The line at Disembarkation!!!

The AquaDuck line!!!

I didn’t feel that the QS counters for sandwiches, pizza, etc. were ever really long, it could be the time we went, but everything seemed to flow well. Same for Cabanas.

My point was this night in particular, was that the ship felt really empty! We walked through the night club area, called The District, Didn’t stop anywhere, but I just wanted to see… I didn’t take photos because I didn’t want it to look like was on a photo shoot, especially with people at the bars and tables. But there was lots of available seating. :goodvibes

Again this cruise was sold out, but what I discovered was that this didn’t necessarily mean it was 4000 passengers. Apparently it also has something to do with the balance of people on the boat for safety reasons. Something about number of bodies per cabin, families, etc… They can only have a certain number of people on the ship per side. If there are more people in one stateroom, then that still equates to the same # of people, and not necessarily a used cabin. Likewise, if those numbers add up to a certain # for one side of the ship on all decks, then can’t take on more. So while a cruise is “sold out” it doesn’t mean EVERY cabin and bed… I don’t understand it totally, and probably am not explaining it well, or 100% accurately, but the bottom line is that “sold out” doesn’t mean PACKED like sardines! :crowded:

So after our stroll around the ship, we ended our very pleasant evening close to midnight, and arrived back in our cabin… HERE is what was waiting for us!

DisneyCruise2011074.jpg

The red bag had beach towels, for our use at port if we chose. We hit the sheets pretty easily, and slept really well. :cloud9:

The next day we’d be in Nassau, and having been there now three times, we stayed on the boat.

Day 2 coming up next …. TTFN!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter