Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I am struggling over something probably pretty stupid! I have the red stripedMickey Erica bag on eBay to sell. I used it once and took off $30. It looks still brand new. I am not even fully convinced I want to sell it, but am trying to downsize to make room and money for others:scared1: I had a buyer email me questioning my price, and unfortunately I am letting it bother me. Don't get me wrong I love a deal, but these purses are not cheap, and I feel sometimes some people on eBay just want you to give them away. Help me put this in perspective because I can let these kind of stupid things naw at me all day. I can at times be pretty pathetic:sad2:

Okay, I am struggling over something probably pretty stupid! I have the red stripedMickey Erica bag on eBay to sell. I used it once and took off $30. It looks still brand new. I am not even fully convinced I want to sell it, but am trying to downsize to make room and money for others:scared1: I had a buyer email me questioning my price, and unfortunately I am letting it bother me. Don't get me wrong I love a deal, but these purses are not cheap, and I feel sometimes some people on eBay just want you to give them away. Help me put this in perspective because I can let these kind of stupid things naw at me all day. I can at times be pretty pathetic:sad2:

I love a great deal too. That bag is great and from what I've seen and heard, it isn't available anymore (but I could be wrong) I say go with your gut and charge what you believe the purse to be worth. Only you know the condition of your bag. Don't let people sway you. :)

Did anyone order in the sale last thursday? I haven't seen it move or ship and I'm getting anxious - only 31 days to go til I need it in the park :)

Yes, I placed an order late last Thursday night. I have been checking it every day - already checked it this morning - and it has not shipped. I have ordered from them in the past and the shipping seemed much faster. We are going on a cruise for Thanksgiving and I want to take it with me. I know I will have it in time - but I really want to see it and try it out.

I will let everyone know when I get it.

Linda

Yes, I placed an order late last Thursday night. I have been checking it every day - already checked it this morning - and it has not shipped. I have ordered from them in the past and the shipping seemed much faster. We are going on a cruise for Thanksgiving and I want to take it with me. I know I will have it in time - but I really want to see it and try it out.

I will let everyone know when I get it.

Linda

Think about how many people placed an order that day. I would imagine we will get shipping notices within the week.... at least I hope so.

Just got back Saturday night.

I got a 40th wallet! I have the letter carrier to match already. I found one with good placement that I liked at WoD. I was able to sort through about 5 they had out.

I did not see any 40th letter carriers or wristlets anywhere either, and I went in the shops at CR, Poly, MK, DHS, Epcot and AK. No comic bag either.

I think wallets are hardest to get good placement on, by far. Congrats on finding one that spoke to you. It looks great!

Don't let it bother you!

In one of our many Dooney threads here on the Dis someone used one of my auctions as an example of how e-bay sellers price gouge buyers. At first I was offended, but I double checked my numbers and realized that after e-bay, paypal, and shipping fees, I actually sold that item at a loss. And it was brand new with tags, I was just downsizing and had missed the return window.

I think a lot of buyers don't realize how many fees sellers get hit with. I say choose a price you're comfortable with, list it for that with no apologies, and if it doesn't sell this go round you can either try again or keep it for yourself.

I agree with Cats Mom, don't let it bother you. Just to break even on ebay is tough, with their fees, paypal fees, shipping prices and insurance are crazy.

And, speaking from experience, I think you are incredibly fair with your pricing. I'm still using the bucket bag every day!!

To disneydreaming884, catsmom and grumpycd, THANKS so much:) I feel better. I just spas over these things way too much and I find others helpful to get me to think straight. So, thanks again my dear Disney Dooney friends. You all are the best:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Leaving in the morning. Wish me luck in the perfect placement hunt.
I will post updates in the new comic purse comes out while I am there.

Leaving in the morning. Wish me luck in the perfect placement hunt.
I will post updates in the new comic purse comes out while I am there.

Shari.. I have seen plenty of 40th anniversary bucket bags, messengers, and some wallets. Have yet to see any letter carriers or wristlets. In regards to the new print... nothing yet:confused3 Will update tomorrow:surfweb:

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but can anyone tell me if the strap on this bag is long enough to carry on your shoulder? I know it would sit up higher or you'd have to sort of push it to your back but is it doable? I'm really in love with that bag and am thinking of saving to get it when we go in January (I've also been hinting to DH pretty hard but that's probably a lost cause! :sad2:). I think the strap is not adjustable but can anyone confirm? Any other feedback on this bag would be appreciated! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but can anyone tell me if the strap on this bag is long enough to carry on your shoulder? I know it would sit up higher or you'd have to sort of push it to your back but is it doable? I'm really in love with that bag and am thinking of saving to get it when we go in January (I've also been hinting to DH pretty hard but that's probably a lost cause! :sad2:). I think the strap is not adjustable but can anyone confirm? Any other feedback on this bag would be appreciated! :thumbsup2

I have this bag and I wear it comfortably on my shoulder all the time. I love this bag!:lovestruc

I know others have reassured you but thought I would too :) Don't let it bother you the buyer is just trying to get a better deal. They probably figure its worth a shot. If they don't like the price they can go somewhere else and betting they won't find a better deal elsewhere. :)

I know others have reassured you but thought I would too :) Don't let it bother you the buyer is just trying to get a better deal. They probably figure its worth a shot. If they don't like the price they can go somewhere else and betting they won't find a better deal elsewhere. :)

Thanks so much. I had someone inquiring this morning about it and she has bought from me before and she is really sweet. She wants it if she can afford one at all. There are 9 others watching it. I so appreciate you all on this board so much. I am so glad I found this for many reasons. thanks again for sharing.:)

I recieved the Dream wristlet and absolutely got the worst possible placement!! Heads cut off....."Inaugural Cruise" smack dab in the center (I was not on that cruise).....

Another trip to UPS to return....yes the placement is bad enough to warrant paying shipping which considering the wristlet was only $39 should tell you how bad it is.....

DRATS!!!

(Still waiting on the exchange of my black Minnie Bow Tote. They sent me a white one and I had to return it....the UPS lady is getting to know me by name lol jk)

I ran across a blog today called DisneyDreaming (no connection to myself :)) and it had the Disney advertisement for the new comics print with a little blurb about the bag from the designer. It listed the bag's locations to be:

Walt Disney World
- Word of Disney at Downtown Disney Marketplace
- TrenD at Downtown Disney Marketplace
- Uptown Jewelers at Magic Kingdom

Hope that helps to narrow down the search for those of you at WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter