Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feckless-- sorry about your trip and bump! We are here YC CL too and I agree... Great staff and experience so far! I'll keep an eye out for you ... ;)

We are home from our wonderful stay at the Yacht Club. I cannot say enough good things about this resort. Our room was in great shape with a fantastic view of the lagoon & we could see Illuminations fireworks from our balcony. Mousekeeping was terrific this trip and kept us well stocked in supplies & had our room cleaned by the time we returned for our mid-day break. Also, much to my surprise, we had turn-down service even though we weren't staying club level.

We thoroughly enjoyed Stormalong Bay. We had no trouble finding chairs mid-afternoon. We did have to use our key cards for access though as the Magic Band scanners weren't operational. And the drinks from the bar are sooo good too :)

Transportation was great. We never had a long wait for either buses or boats. And the walk to Epcot was convenient as well.

We were glad to have the opportunity to test the Magic Bands. Personally, we liked them very much. There was a little glitch with one of our bands at the airport getting on the Magical Express & another one upon checking in, but both were resolved. We had selected our FP+ before we left home. It was so nice to "sleep in" on our Epcot day, knowing that we already had secured Soarin' fastpasses for 9:00-10:00 a.m. & could just walk over at our leisure.

But the thing that really sticks in my mind is the high level of service at the resort. Each and every CM we encountered was helpful and friendly while seeming genuinely interested in providing service. This was our third stay at the YC and now I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Geez! I mean in know you attempted to marry the pool noodles last year but now you are telling us your DH is a bird!?

This is way beyond my expertise. I just can't help you...

Do they even have nappies for birds?? Pampers for pidgeons??? Huggies for hawks?

I'm at a loss...

~NM

LoL you are keeping my mind off the pain in my toe! :sick:

Now I need to rethink my packed footwear. I think it may well be 11 nights in flip flops

Enjoy your trip!

Weather is supposed to be gorgeous up here for the next several days.

Weather is gorgeous! Wish we could live here year round and be that much closer to family and WDW! I keep telling the office we need an East Coast location but they aren't biting yet...

Sorry to break up the poop talk but I have a question with the new mug business coming up...

DH and I are just staying 4 nights, but we enjoy our daily coffee in the morning on our walk to the park as well as something to drink on our way back. Will we have to go out of our way to fill mugs? I'm used to Pop Century where the mug refill station is on the way to and from the bus pick up. If we have to go farther away, I'll just bring our plastic refillable water bottles and some crystal light single packs and drink water and pay OOP for coffee.

Segue from that paragraph...can I take my hard plastic water bottle into the park? (think the camelback water bottle with the straw)

I saw some in the Marketplace two weeks ago. I think they were $4.99, but I'm not sure.

That's what I saw too, in mid-July.

Sorry to break up the poop talk but I have a question with the new mug business coming up...

DH and I are just staying 4 nights, but we enjoy our daily coffee in the morning on our walk to the park as well as something to drink on our way back. Will we have to go out of our way to fill mugs? I'm used to Pop Century where the mug refill station is on the way to and from the bus pick up. If we have to go farther away, I'll just bring our plastic refillable water bottles and some crystal light single packs and drink water and pay OOP for coffee.

Segue from that paragraph...can I take my hard plastic water bottle into the park? (think the camelback water bottle with the straw)

The Ale & Compass lounge, in the YC lobby (or close to it) has fresh brewed coffee in the morning. As far as I know you will be able to use your refill mug there- you can now and I haven't heard that is going to change.

The only thing is, it is only a refill area until 11 or noon when the bar opens for the day. When you are returning from the parks, I think you would need to stop at the Marketplace or the Hurricane Hanna's refill station near Stormalong Bay

Yes, you can bring a reusable, hard plastic water bottle to the parks. No glass (I think) and definitely no alcohol, but those are the only restrictions I can think of at the moment.

HUGE shiner today. HUGE. OMG. Managed to get a contact in there so I can keep my sunglasses on all day (also super glad they are polarized as I am not taking them off in public! LOL) It will be rehab sunglasses for me, baby! DS suggested I go back to Pirates of the Caribbean for an eye patch! LOL I'm documenting the progression, so check back for the TR!

Epcot today!

So that must get you some looks in the park - and I'm guessing your husband is getting his share of looks too! I agree with NM, go for the mad tour group story.

Ouch, I am as bad, if not worse, than Feckless. I have just walked into the suitcase and given the immense pain, probably broken my little toe. I've done it before and its nowhere near as bad as the time it was sticking out at a very weird angle, but it hurts lots so I've strapped it up and DD has provided chocolate. Thank goodness we are off to the beach and not Disney! :beach:

While we all appreciate how catchy Disney fever is, you should not be trying to keep up with Feckless by catching her tripitis! Not a good trend!

All I'm waiting for, as far as Feckless's trip is concerned, is the sure to happen Moose 'incident' at home.

If Feckless gets home and spots a moose with a black eye, she'll know he tripped in her front yard.

Why was a bird wearing his trousers?

:rotfl2:

Feckless-- sorry about your trip and bump! We are here YC CL too and I agree... Great staff and experience so far! I'll keep an eye out for you ... ;)

Have a great trip!:cool1:

We are home from our wonderful stay at the Yacht Club. I cannot say enough good things about this resort. Our room was in great shape with a fantastic view of the lagoon & we could see Illuminations fireworks from our balcony. Mousekeeping was terrific this trip and kept us well stocked in supplies & had our room cleaned by the time we returned for our mid-day break. Also, much to my surprise, we had turn-down service even though we weren't staying club level.

We thoroughly enjoyed Stormalong Bay. We had no trouble finding chairs mid-afternoon. We did have to use our key cards for access though as the Magic Band scanners weren't operational. And the drinks from the bar are sooo good too :)

Transportation was great. We never had a long wait for either buses or boats. And the walk to Epcot was convenient as well.

We were glad to have the opportunity to test the Magic Bands. Personally, we liked them very much. There was a little glitch with one of our bands at the airport getting on the Magical Express & another one upon checking in, but both were resolved. We had selected our FP+ before we left home. It was so nice to "sleep in" on our Epcot day, knowing that we already had secured Soarin' fastpasses for 9:00-10:00 a.m. & could just walk over at our leisure.

But the thing that really sticks in my mind is the high level of service at the resort. Each and every CM we encountered was helpful and friendly while seeming genuinely interested in providing service. This was our third stay at the YC and now I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Your review just got me extra excited! So glad you had a great trip!:cheer2::cheer2:

So it's :cool1: or :cool2: or even pirate: :rotfl2:

LOVE IT! DS bought me a pirate eye patch this morning (trying out his new purchasing privileges with his MB - limited of course! I think he was disappointed I wouldn't wear it. LOL

Feckless, you have not had your 1 bad thing happen on your trip. That has been used up...

Now get out there and have a great vacation! pirate:

(was NinjaMom in the room perchance?)

I haven't found Ninjamom in the room *yet* but I'll keep looking! Yes, from her posts, I would think if she had been here she would have kept the open suitcases put away, thus avoiding the calamity in the first place!

Ouch, I am as bad, if not worse, than Feckless. I have just walked into the suitcase and given the immense pain, probably broken my little toe. I've done it before and its nowhere near as bad as the time it was sticking out at a very weird angle, but it hurts lots so I've strapped it up and DD has provided chocolate. Thank goodness we are off to the beach and not Disney! :beach:

Oh, feel better! My problem is just that my face feels funny and I look like a prize fighter. AND I'm not looking forward to taking out my left contact tonight...

Sorry about your shiner! Just think, no one will try to cut you in line now because they will think you're an MMA fighter!!

Jay

Yes, nobody will be messing me with me at Disney this week!!!

HA! Feckless wishes I was in the room! If I was.... those suitcases never would have been in the "tripable" position and the husband and kids would have their "Bunks" squared away or the offenders would have been sleeping in that safe!

All I'm waiting for, as far as Feckless's trip is concerned, is the sure to happen Moose 'incident' at home.

Now we have to come up with a plausible reason as to why Feckless has that shiner and NO, Ninja Mom is not a good cover story!

The first thought that comes to mind is Stich but that has been done to death so that's out. There is always the cover story of a Berserk tour group (visiting from Berserkistan!). The more I think about this the more I like it!

Feckless, when you find people staring at your giant black eye just announce casually that you were run over by a tour group from Berserkistan. Yeah.... that should do it.

As for Pinkgirl's broken toe, she should say that she was practicing her martial arts skills to defend herself from the thundering herds of out of control Berserkistanian's running unfettered through WDW.

~NM

Berserkistani tour groups are the WORST. All that chanting AND flailing about of the arms and rending of the garments... Very distracting from the magic.

So sorry to hear about your fall but am glad it was not more serious. Just think of the stories you can tell about what happened...:eek:

Enjoy your visit anyway.

I am documenting the daily progression. Yes, this is certainly a story to tell! LOL

Quick question for those of you doing Magic Bands, etc. I went out to MDE last night (we check in 10/14) and it shows 2 KTTW for both my husband and myself, but no Magic Bands = is that possibly because we both have AP's? I was very confused last night to see 2 KTTW for each of us & was afraid to click on them or do anything. It's our first ever stay at BC & it took me almost 2 hrs to get our RO reservations when they came out so I don't want to do anything to mess that up. TIA :beach:

On the MDE issues, don't panic - all of my dining reservations have disappeared and when I try to re-link them it says that they are associated with a different guest. :confused3 Also it says our FPs are for 3 not 4 but they all are working. So, just keep the faith! It's probably the app.

Yes, keep an eye out for my eye!!! LOL

I totally agree with this. Especially for Soarin' and TSMM - no worries, just show up before the end of your FP time. No runners, no problem. Very relaxing!

She'll be the one with the black eye!!!

And black swollen cheek (a new development tonight. Awesome)

So that must get you some looks in the park - and I'm guessing your husband is getting his share of looks too! I agree with NM, go for the mad tour group story.

While we all appreciate how catchy Disney fever is, you should not be trying to keep up with Feckless by catching her tripitis! Not a good trend!

If Feckless gets home and spots a moose with a black eye, she'll know he tripped in her front yard.

:rotfl2:

LMAO Janet!!!! (For those who don't know, a moose was in my front yard at home when I was at Disney last year.)

And yes, the sunglasses are really more for DH than me. I don't care, but I don't want him to feel self-conscious! He was falling over himself apologizing to me this morning (it was his suitcase left open that I fell over!) and I told him to stop because people might think he was apologizing for the wrong reason! LOL

MINI TR ALERT!

Had dinner at Yachtsman last night - delish. Expensive but worth it. Kids were even trying their best not to be themselves. LOL

Today was Epcot day. Arrived in time for Soarin' FPs - the FP+ really takes the stress out of making rope drop! Extremely hot and extremely humid - welcome to FLA in August! Did Soarin', Living with the Land, Figment, Test Track (LOVED IT), Mission Space Orange (skipped it), lunch at Sunshine seasons (beet salad and chicken enchilada soup - YUM), then Ellen and SSE. Great day. Ate and drank and drank at the lounge. Kids went swimming. DS is crabby beyond belief. The heat is not doing it for him. LOL

Saw TEENA! So happy to see her.

Heading to Chefs de France... More later.

Quick question - we had some comments on our stay that we mailed a letter to Ms Flynn (at the address on page 1). It's been about a month since we mailed the letter with no response. Is this normal for the Beach Club?

In the past, we've at least had a note acknowledged by a hotel GM after sending it. I'm a little surprised we have haven't heard back at all.

Thanks

Mike

I'm so excited! I called last night to upgrade our May 2014 reservations to BC-club level! Only because we're celebrating our 10 year anniversary and our son will be celebrating his kindergarten graduation. :) this will be our first deluxe stay, we're usually at a mod. I fell in love with BC when I started researching WDW, I'm like a kid at Christmas LOL

Quick question for those of you doing Magic Bands, etc. I went out to MDE last night (we check in 10/14) and it shows 2 KTTW for both my husband and myself, but no Magic Bands = is that possibly because we both have AP's? I was very confused last night to see 2 KTTW for each of us & was afraid to click on them or do anything. It's our first ever stay at BC & it took me almost 2 hrs to get our RO reservations when they came out so I don't want to do anything to mess that up. TIA :beach:

We aren't part of the Magic Band testing, probably because our trip isn't until Nov 30th, but there has been a KTTW card on our profiles on MDE and it has been there for months, listed as active. I am expecting that at some point I'll be able to customize the bands, but I'm sure that won't be for awhile yet. We haven't bought our tickets yet, either, but have been considering buying AP's, since we are returning at the end of April.

HUGE shiner today. HUGE. OMG. Managed to get a contact in there so I can keep my sunglasses on all day (also super glad they are polarized as I am not taking them off in public! LOL) It will be rehab sunglasses for me, baby! DS suggested I go back to Pirates of the Caribbean for an eye patch! LOL I'm documenting the progression, so check back for the TR!

Epcot today!

You looked like a movie star trying not to be recognized!!

More refillable mug information.

OK, I talked to the merchandise manager about the question asked about a split stay where first part of stay is at a resort and the guest has dining plan and second half of stay is at a resort without the dining plan. Question was do you have to buy a second mug since dining plan mug is for length of dining plan.

Answer: No.

He said any "length of stay mug" whether it be purchased as length of stay or it is a free mug for length of dining plan is good for 14 days. So if your total trip between the two resorts is under 14 days, you are good to go with the first free mug you get at the first resort that comes with the dining plan. It can be used at the second resort even though you do not have a dining plan there.

Secondly, somebody said earlier that a CM in the market place said that the mug you get with the dining plan expires at 11 AM (check out time) on the last day of your dining plan. The manager said that is not true. It's good for 14 days.

I think with all the "different" information out there, that the only way to tell how it is definitely going to work is to live with it. Once it goes active, we'll all get reports and I'm sure there will be bugs to work out with this too.

But the above information was given to me by a merchandise manager from the Marketplace so I'm betting its right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!