Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
natebenma said:
page 225-231

:welcome:

May I add you to the Be Our Guest list for October?

:cool1:

I have never heard of a pumpkin carving contest at the resort in October. That would be cool- I am always impressed with the creativity I see when people carve pumpkins.

Yes you can add me to the list. :)

Oh it would be nice if they did. It was pretty cool seeing it at AoA. The pumpkins were set up in Landscape of Flavors & the guests were suppose to vote for their favorite. The winner was announced that weekend.

Off topic: my 13 1/2 year old dog, Bubba, passed away today in his sleep. We'll miss him so much.

My heart goes out to you. Our cat Grace had a situation last week that I thought was going to out her in medical danger, and for a day or so, I started thinking about life without her (she's only 7), And the thought was unbearable. I will be thinking of you and your family during this difficult time, I'm sure Bubba knew how much he was loved, and I am so glad he was at least able to leave this world peacefully in his sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yes, lights, motors, action. I thought there may be a reserved section possibly but it is only a separate line that just merges under the stadium and then you just fend for yourself for general seating. Enjoyed the show but don't use a fastpass + for it.

We have never seen that show but are hoping too this time. Thanks!

I haven't posted in ages but I have been lurking and catching up....I just wanted to share my excitement that I will be "unexpectedly" staying at the Beach Club on Friday night!! Here's the story:

We had originally booked a trip for this week on a bounce back from last summer's stay. Unfortunately, my son couldn't get the time off from work and my husband, who is self employed, wasn't sure about the dates as well. I was crushed, as planning and anticipating my WDW trips is a part of my life! My daughter, who is 20, wanted to do something "tropical", so, instead of going to Disney without them, we cancelled our trip and booked a cruise for just she and I which leaves Sunday from Miami. WELL...my brother, his wife and my nieces, ages 10 and 13, will be at the Beach Club this week before heading out on their Disney Cruise on Saturday. He suggested we fly into Orlando instead of Miami a couple of days early and surprise the girls...I thought about this a total of one second, hung up and booked the Beach Club! I was able to get a garden view room, which is all they had left, and they even gave me the discounted rate I booked my original reservation with - bonus!

I cannot tell you how excited I am. I LOVE LOVE the Beach Club. It is my "happy place", and even though we are only there for Friday night (we are driving to Miami Saturday afternoon, staying in South Beach, leaving for cruise Sunday) I will be in heaven. I am bummed out I don't get to stay club level - we have stayed there the past three trips - as I just love the CM's who work there, but it is sold out (at least for the discounted rate). We should arrive in Orlando Friday about 10:00, hoping to get the car and be at check-in by 11-11:30 latest. We can dump our bags, and head to the MK to surprise the girls at the castle - my brother has some big plan in place!

Anyway, just wanted to share in my excitement with people who "get it"!! :)

HUGE shiner today. HUGE. OMG. Managed to get a contact in there so I can keep my sunglasses on all day (also super glad they are polarized as I am not taking them off in public! LOL) It will be rehab sunglasses for me, baby! DS suggested I go back to Pirates of the Caribbean for an eye patch! LOL I'm documenting the progression, so check back for the TR!

Epcot today!

The time for the movie can change every month. I usually receive the Activities schedule on the first or second day of the month, so check here on Sept 1 or 2.

Movie was at 8:30 pm in Sept 2012.

It was at 9:00 in August.

Thank you so much for this info Teena!!!

I am updating the first post/first page of this thread daily with Rapid Refill Mug news as we receive it.

My questions/requests for info:

I am guessing that the stations are set up at both The Marketplace and Hurricane Hanna's. Can anyone confirm?

Does anyone know if you will still be able to use the Ale & Compass for refills in the morning? That's not self-serve, is it?

Could someone who is there now please take a picture of the mug display and refill machines at both/all locations. No need to post until you return from your trip, I know it can be difficult to post pictures while away.

Would also appreciate confirmation of the beverages available: soda, lemonade, PowerAde?, Ice Tea flavors, hot tea, coffee. Are there any juices included?

Many thanks!

This month, HH had Gold Peak tea -- unsweetened, citrus, green and something else -- peach maybe? Something I wasn't interested in, so I didn't pay any attention. I don't remember all of the sodas beyond Coke and Diet Coke, but they had blue (and I mean shockingly BLUE) Powerade. (I'm still working on getting over the color. It matched the mug tops nicely. Obviously, we're not usually Powerade drinkers! :)) There was a lemonade too. Marketplace had the same teas and lemonade, but no Powerade. Beaches and Cream was a bit more limited, I think. I have a vague memory of apple juice being in a soda dispenser somewhere, but that might have been in Epcot. Hopefully that info will tide you over until someone gets a picture up! :)

Out of curiosity, how much does a regular fountain drink cost? I'm trying to decide if a mug would be worth if for my Feb. visit.

HUGE shiner today. HUGE. OMG. Managed to get a contact in there so I can keep my sunglasses on all day (also super glad they are polarized as I am not taking them off in public! LOL) It will be rehab sunglasses for me, baby! DS suggested I go back to Pirates of the Caribbean for an eye patch! LOL I'm documenting the progression, so check back for the TR!

Epcot today!

So it's :cool1: or :cool2: or even pirate: :rotfl2:

Epcot today!

Ouch! Have fun anyway! :)

YCFAN - so sad to hear about your loss. We lost our 14 y.o. lab last July. I miss him so much

Dee - Re: doors on balcony... ours was a slider. Of course it overlooked the "beach" on the front of the bldg. (otherwise know as the Infinity Roof)

Ouch, I am as bad, if not worse, than Feckless. I have just walked into the suitcase and given the immense pain, probably broken my little toe. I've done it before and its nowhere near as bad as the time it was sticking out at a very weird angle, but it hurts lots so I've strapped it up and DD has provided chocolate. Thank goodness we are off to the beach and not Disney! :beach:

Feckless, you have not had your 1 bad thing happen on your trip. That has been used up...

Now get out there and have a great vacation! pirate:

(was NinjaMom in the room perchance?)

YCFAN - so sad to hear about your loss. We lost our 14 y.o. lab last July. I miss him so much

Dee - Re: doors on balcony... ours was a slider. Of course it overlooked the "beach" on the front of the bldg. (otherwise know as the Infinity Roof)[/QUOTE]

That is hilarious!

:lmao:

Ouch, I am as bad, if not worse, than Feckless. I have just walked into the suitcase and given the immense pain, probably broken my little toe. I've done it before and its nowhere near as bad as the time it was sticking out at a very weird angle, but it hurts lots so I've strapped it up and DD has provided chocolate. Thank goodness we are off to the beach and not Disney! :beach:

OH NO!!! :headache:

Dee - Re: doors on balcony... ours was a slider. Of course it overlooked the "beach" on the front of the bldg. (otherwise know as the Infinity Roof)

That is what Ninja Mim called it, too . ;). We had one of those rooms, except that it was on the third floor and it felt like we were actually sitting on the roof. :). But it was the quietest room we ever had at the BC.

OT - look what they have started selling here in Louisville :cool1: Had one in the car as soon as I left the store, it was yummo :thumbsup2

22df6fd07fbcde1d3eaef0bb2515f7f5.jpg

Epcot today!

Sorry about your shiner! Just think, no one will try to cut you in line now because they will think you're an MMA fighter!!

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter