Does the Merrytime cruise still have gingerbread cookie decorating?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
I haven’t been on a Merry Time cruise since 2019 and I was wondering if they still offer the gingerbread cookie decorating activity.

Our 11/14 sailing on the Wish did not either. It was the first Merrytime cruise of the season for the Wish. I also recall that when they did still have the gingerbread man decorating it was changed to cookies..

Good Gravy Marie, what even is the point of doing a Christmas Cruise with Disney at this point? Why pay so much more for it when they can't be bothered to give special activities for it.

Just got off the Wish, no cookie decorating. Not really any Christmas related activities like that. Character greetings and Santa that was it.

Good Gravy Marie, what even is the point of doing a Christmas Cruise with Disney at this point? Why pay so much more for it when they can't be bothered to give special activities for it.
Agree, I definitely understand them having less activities last year but this year? Doesn’t make any sense.

That said my Merrytime from SD was cheaper than any other cruise in my DCL cruising history so can’t really complain.

I was told by a rep that the Merrytime on Magic Dec 23rd was supposed to have it, but I obviously won't know until then. I guess we'll see.

Just got off the Wish, no cookie decorating. Not really any Christmas related activities like that. Character greetings and Santa that was it.
We had numerous Christmas activities on the Fantasy in November. Tree lighting at 7:30 on Embarkation day, Carolers at 8. Also Holiday Crafts, Holiday Animation Cells, Santa's Winter Wonderland Ball, Santa Clause 2 and Santa Clause 3 on funnel vision, Characters have been in Christmas Attire. Seasons Greetings with Santa, Sleigh Acapella Group who did a Christmas song program, families were invited to wear Christmas PJ's for pics just to name few.

There was a tree lighting but no carolers. If there were any holiday crafts it may have been in the kids clubs but was not listed on the app. AS I stated there were many characters greetings in holiday attire and families wore pj's for pics. Maybe since you were on a 7 day there was more. I have been on other Merry Time cruises and this was lacking in events and decor.

This is disappointing to read. If there’s no cookie decorating, I think we’ve done our last Christmas Holiday sailing. We had to cancel this year’s and we were sad. Now, not so sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter