Does anyone use Backpacks in the parks?

collcass

DIS Veteran
I ordered the baggalini which came but I'm not all that crazy about it. :eek: Probably just because I'm more of a backpack person plus I'm just really used to the bag I carry in daily life. I will, of course, use it and I'm sure it will grow on me but I was wondering if anyone has a backpack recommendation.

WHAT YOU DON"T LIKE YOUR BAGGALINI? :confused3 :rotfl2: I have never heard anyone on here say that, cracking me up. I just bought one, so I have no idea either

Im a backpack Mama, I carry a black Janssport from college days (antique:lmao: ) and yes its full and heavy(altho I truly dont notice it much) Never tried another backpack -love the beat up relic that I have....
I always have assorted meds, change of clothing and a swimsuit in a gallon ziplock for DD5, small video camera,small to med dig camera, bottle of pepsi,sharpies in every color, autograph book, wallet ,tickets, pins and lanyards, assorted gereral JUNK,sunglasses fo 3 of us,tiny pad with all ressies etc in it, bandanna to tie onto stroller handle, lollipops, gum, bubbles, play doh for lines,yadda yadda....

Id love to try a bagalinni but Im not pos Ill love it, I love my backpack STRAPS but hate purse straps.......

I'll be using a backpack! I have a Camelbak backpack (women's Daystar) that I love and use all the time at home when we go to the zoo, Sea World, etc. Fill it up with ice water in the morning and we have a cold drink whenever we need one. Very nice when you're in line!

The cross-body bags aren't comfy for me. Plus, I'm not going to buy a new bag when I have one I like :thumbsup2

Im a backpack Mama, I carry a black Janssport from college days (antique:lmao: )

Substitute blue LLBean backpack here- similar story :)

As much as I'd like to stream line things, the reality in our family is we are more comfortable travelers with the backpack. I've learned I don't need to pack it full :laughing: but I have a spot for what we do need. We still have a young one who won't be on the big rides, so whoever stays with her can tend to the bag.

I tried a messenger bag on our last vacation. DH informed me he wasn't holding anything that vaguely resembles a purse (which would cover messenger bags, Baggalini or the like). He can't argue with a bookbag, so we take turns carrying it around the park.

I ordered a baggallini (or however you spell it) but each of my kids will be carrying their own backpack-9,8 and 5. I won't make theirs too heavy but I want them to be responsible for their own snacks,water bottle,etc.

Last year I bought the Overlander bag. And I thought I like it,....But I didn't.:sad1: So I order a backpack on QVC and I like that one alot, And then I found one I love at REI :thumbsup2 you can use it as a backpack or a sling bag. So I would check those stores out.

Thanks.

It's not that I don't like it. I'm sure I'll use it but, as big as it is, I have four kids and it doesn't seem like it will fit it all.

oh, that and the fact it reminds me of the LeSport Sac from when I was in middle school. Now, there was nothing wrong with them and I am well aware they are coming back! I am not baching LeSport Sac in any way shape or form.

I'm not really a "bag person" per say. I have two coach bags that I switch on and off with but, for the most, part I use my little tiny Coach wristlet and I have one of the LLBean boat bags in my car that holds all my extra crap. My diaaper bags (SO GLAD WE DON"T NEED ONE ANY MORE) were always backpack style.

I came quite close to ordering a vera bradley backpack yesterday (on sale) but just couldn't justify it!

I'm definitely a backpack girl, though all of the threads on here do make one want to check out the Baggallini. I gave it a good look, but just don't want a thick padded strap across my chest in the hot June Florida sun. I've always been happy with a small backpack, which becomes my purse on the plane and throughout the whole trip. I just bought a new one and reviewed it in another thread. It's really small and cute, but holds a ton. In particular, I didn't want the huge padded straps because they're hot. This one has thin straps, which are fine so long as you don't overfill it.

I also gave a good look to the North Face Paige. So cute, but a little bit smaller than the one I ordered which is already really small.

Here's the link (it's 10% off and has free shipping at ebags right now):

http://www.ebags.com/ameribag/spiral_backpack/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=92885

And here's my review:

It's an Ameribag backpack. It's really small, 10x13x5, which is what I wanted. It will be my purse on the plane and for the whole trip. It doesn't have bulky (and hot) padded straps. It has 2 main compartments. The large compartment has a deep pocket in the back that closes with a very tight velcro (good spot, I think, for a wallet). It also has a smaller zipper pocket big enough for a credit card, Key to the World, etc. For a size reference, I'd say the bigger compartment would fit 3 hardcover books with some room left over for a water bottle or two. The large compartment also has a padded back. The smaller compartment has a deep back pocket, two other pockets (one of which closes with a velcro strap, like for a cell phone), and a couple of pen pockets. There's also a key clip in the smaller front compartment. The actual front of the pack has a good size zipper pocket and a velcro pocket. For size reference, the smaller compartment would probably fit 1 hardcover book and a water bottle, in addition to whatever is stored in the pockets, with a little room left over. I got the Pacific Blue, which is mostly black with what I would describe as slate blue trim.

This backpack girl is pretty happy with this purchase. I love that it has all those pockets so I won't constantly be digging around for things. At the parks I usually carry water, camera, cell phone, those cheapo rain ponchos (for my family of 4), sunscreen, first aid stuff (aspirin, bandaids), Nintendo DS for my daughter to play in long lines, and money. I like to have a little room left over for souvies. This backpack will easily carry all of that with room left over, but it's really small and really cute.

The baggallini doesn't appeal to me at all. It looks way to big and bulky. I carry a mini back pack and it's wonderful...perfect even. It's small. It's able to hold a good bit of stuff. It's light-weight. It's waterproof. I just slip my feet through the straps on the rides. Perfection. There are 4 in my family (youngest is 16) and it worked for all 4 of us last trip. There's 6 of us going this time and I plan to buy another mini back pack for someone else to carry.

We just bought this type of bag for our June trip - a sackpack. We liked this type because of the flap that covers the opening. It seems a little more secure than those without the flap.

It's very lightweight, but at the same time the material seems very sturdy.

http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Metro-..._sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1204260404&sr=8-1

Good luck finding one! :thumbsup2
Melissa

:thumbsup2 Thank you for the link! I am torn now between the Adidas metro and the croc sling bag? Any help?

I ordered the baggellini and love it so far. I already pinned the strap (Used a disney pin) so it won't slide like everyone is comlaining about. The size seems perfect for me (taking just my 11 yr old DD).
I also found a small black backpack (think half the size of a school book backpack) with LOTS of pockets in Walmart luggage dept last week. For $10 I bought it and will switch off if I want.

it's funny because I really thought the baggalini was small when I saw it. Once again, I've never been on a family trip to WDW so I may have a crazy idea of what is needed in the park.

i have four kids and just keep thinking I need to bring water, my camera, snacks, autograph books and pens, sunscreen, etc......it certainly doesn't look big enough for all of that. I wish I had everything so I could shove it all in there to see.

I'll be using a backpack! I have a Camelbak backpack (women's Daystar) that I love and use all the time at home when we go to the zoo, Sea World, etc. Fill it up with ice water in the morning and we have a cold drink whenever we need one. Very nice when you're in line!

The cross-body bags aren't comfy for me. Plus, I'm not going to buy a new bag when I have one I like :thumbsup2

We love our Camelbaks too! We usually stay at OKW so we partially fill the water bladder at night (w/o the tubing) and stick it in the freezer. The next morning we top it off with cold water and it stays cold all day long. There are many different sizes available, depending on how much stuff you plan on hauling into the parks. *Bonus* whoever carries the bag gets a cool back from the ice block!

I actually use a backpack that has tons of pockets and rolls when i wanna drag it, usually in the mornings when it's so full of drinks and snacks!

on edit: the handle folds down in the back pack and you can carry it as you would any other back pack

The North Face = <3

I'm always one to carry around a backpack, it's just so much easier! And usually it's just my DH and I, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter