Does anyone use Amazon to sell books?

lilstint

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone knows what qualifies as "Collectible". I can not find the answer anywhere on the site!

I have an 1887 copy of "Little Lord Fauntleroy" inscribed with a name and a Merry Christmas message dated 1888. The copyright is 1888.

Could it be listed "collectible"? :confused3

Thanks

I've only sold textbooks but in my unprofessional opinion, I'd classify your book as a collectible.

Basically any book selling for $10.00 or over, as long as your price is higher than the publisher's suggested list price, can be classified as Collectible. Here's what Amazon says about describing the condition of a book:

Items priced at or above the list price (MSRP) or $10, whichever is greater, are eligible for Collectible designation. Items priced below this may be listed under Used or New, but will not be eligible for Collectible designation.

These additional guidelines, although not mandatory, may be used to determine whether to list a book as Collectible. To be considered collectible, books should be unique in a way that increases value for a collector, for example:

First edition and first printing, signed, inscribed or scarce
Not ex-library, a remainder or a book club edition

Seller comments should include:

Further detail on condition/completeness of exterior, interior and dust jacket (if applicable)
Edition and printing
Presence of signatures, inscriptions or other personalization

Guidelines for New and Used Books items:

New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition.
Like New: An apparently unread copy in perfect condition. Dust cover is intact; pages are clean and are not marred by notes or folds of any kind. Suitable for presenting as a gift.
Very Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged.
Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (including dust cover, if applicable). The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include "From the library of" labels.
Acceptable: A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). Pages can include considerable notes--in pen or highlighter--but the notes cannot obscure the text.
Unacceptable: Moldy, badly stained, or unclean copies are not acceptable, nor are copies with missing pages or obscured text. Books that are distributed for promotional use only are prohibited. This includes advance reading copies (ARCs) and uncorrected proof copies.

Be sure to describe your books in an accurate manner. An accurate product description increases buyer satisfaction, helps sellers build a loyal customer base, and ensures positive feedback ratings. Should a book have an obvious cosmetic flaw or contain a "remainder" marking (advance reading copies and uncorrected proofs are not permitted), sellers are strongly encouraged to make a note within the comments field.

I sell thousands of books on Amazon each year. I looked up the 1988 printing of "Little Lord Fauntleroy" and it looks like they are very common. Sorry, but AFIAC an inscription does not make it "Collectible".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter