Does anyone have a droid? Phone dilemma

I will go look at the Droid again. I would get the incredible I think. I need August to get here so I can upgrade. My Palm is on it's last battery legs.

I will go look at the Droid again. I would get the incredible I think. I need August to get here so I can upgrade. My Palm is on it's last battery legs.

I know on the phone board I was stalking before the Droid release there were a lot of people that had upgrades 2+ months out from the release date and they were able to get Verizon to move their "NE2" date up so they could take advantage of it.

Can't hurt to try and call Verizon to see if they would do so for you!

I have the droid incredible, in fact I am on it right now while waiting for the kids to get done at the dentist. I love, love, love it. Verizon coverage around here is far better than ATT so for me it was a no brainer. My aunt has an iPhone and side by side the droid wins.

I have a Motorola Droid and DH has the Droid Eris. We both love our phones! My Droid does almost everything my laptop does and is fairly fast. We do get dropped calls but that has to do with the crappy VZ coverage in my area, bleh.

Go with the Droid. When you really do the research, ihones aren't all that great. Plus, most droid phones coming out now can do most of the same things as the iPhone.

Also, I'd stick with the same company as DH so you don't have to pay extra to call/talk to each other.

Plus, on the Droid you can have multiple apps running, where as with the iPhone you can't.
As a previous person stated, the battery can run down quickly if you do not close the apps. Verizon has a free app called a Task Killer, which closes every app open for you with one click. The person at Verizon told me about this herself and put it on my phone before I left. Now it's second nature to do and my battery has never become close to dying on me.

I can highly recommend the Droid as well. I upgraded my Blackberry for it, and upgraded both kids to it (one 3 months early, and one 8 months early). They may have let us do it early as I was adding two data plans. We are now all on the same contract date!

The other big advantage for us was the availabilty of insurance. If you lose or break your I-phone, it is about $400 to replace (no initial discount). The Droid has insurance for about $6 a month with a $75 deductible. Great for high school students!

Which Palm do you have? Have you checked out the Palm Pre? I have that phone with Verizon, DH has the Droid. We both like (and don't like) features on each others phone. With the Pre I have email, internet, 3G, wifi hot spot (in case service is unavailable) and an awesome calender.
Which Palm do you have?

I have the Palm Pre and CANNOT wait to dump this phone in June! I hate the fact that it doesn't have voice activated calling and the key board is so small I will be going with the HTC EVO 4g in June.
I loved how the Palm Pre looked and the whole feel of it but honestly it just doesn't seem all that user friendly but then that maybe just me, I had the Instinct before that I did like just did not love, so went with the Palm Pre and I really don't like much else about it.

I didnt want to wait that long but dh swears by it says the apps and the internet are super fast. I had some doubts because of the wait and the touch keyboard, but dh says it has voice texting . OMG it will be time for a new phone before I learn how to use this..:rotfl2:

The voice texting is soooooooo cool. I am still on a learning curve with the screen querty keyboard so this makes it much easier. It also has the auto text feature. It tries to figure out what you are typing so you don't have to text the whole thing. I love my droid.

It's fast! Definitely download a task killer. It does run more than one app. The battery life is poor. I purchased a car charger because I need to charge it twice a day on average. I have been using it a lot though :thumbsup2 I tried Google maps and navigation for the first time yesterday. Awesome!

I've had no problems with the hardware. I have to learn not to touch the screen so much. I've called several friends by accident. Ooops! There are a couple apps that stop working-"force close" comes up. I think that's a programming issue with the app.

I can't compare it to the iphone but it really is a portable computer on your phone. email syncs-facebook, twitter, etc automatically updates. I luv it!

upgrade. I called. I am eligible in August. I was so excited thinking I could upgrade right now.

Get the Droid! DH has it and I love it. I have a BB Curve and like it, but it's not near as awesome as the Droid.

Another happy Droid owner here. If you don't want it to make random calls, double click on the power button, and it will sleep. Not power down, only sleep.

We are looking at phones now as well. Will end up being a Droid family by close of business tomorrow! Glad to hear all the good reviews and advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!