Does anyone actually use all their snack credits?

Nope. Too much food for us but it was nice to go to Earl of Sandwich on the last day and get sandwiches and snacks for the ride home. We also got 1 last ice cream in Disney Springs to use up the last of the credits.

One thing to remember on your spreadsheet. Are you comparing what you would actually eat vs DDP or the cost of the same food? We got the QS dining plan (free) last time and the meal include so much food that we wouldn't actually get if we were paying OOP. We would rarely get the desserts and I often only get a side or small salad. So when comparing DDP to OOP I figure what we would actually order. For example. DD and I might each get a kids meal or the three of us would share 2 meals instead of 3. DD and I also share a drink sometimes. It always comes out much cheaper for us to go OOP so we only get DP when its free.

Lol I'm a Starbucks junkie so I can definitely use mine up not that they are in each of the parks. A Venti Very Berry Hibiscus tea really hits the spot when its hot out.

Try the very berry with lemonade instead of water :)
There's no extra charge for the lemonade (or at least there should never be!) and it adds a little tartness to the drink.

Nope. Too much food for us but it was nice to go to Earl of Sandwich on the last day and get sandwiches and snacks for the ride home. We also got 1 last ice cream in Disney Springs to use up the last of the credits.

One thing to remember on your spreadsheet. Are you comparing what you would actually eat vs DDP or the cost of the same food? We got the QS dining plan (free) last time and the meal include so much food that we wouldn't actually get if we were paying OOP. We would rarely get the desserts and I often only get a side or small salad. So when comparing DDP to OOP I figure what we would actually order. For example. DD and I might each get a kids meal or the three of us would share 2 meals instead of 3. DD and I also share a drink sometimes. It always comes out much cheaper for us to go OOP so we only get DP when its free.

That's kind of what I was seeing. We're not a big dessert family, don't drink soda, kids usually split meals. The plan was adding on food that we usually would not have bought for ourselves. I think though, hey we'll be on vacation, let's have a cupcake or 2 or 3 lol. I just want to find a happy balance with getting what we can actual eat and not being wasteful.

I did the same thing last week...making a spreadsheet to see if it's even work the dining plan!

Last trip we forced snacks into our day just to use them. I think we even ended up using one to get a bottle of water (which is ridiculous but we weren't hungry enough for anything else after trying to use up our QS credits).

I will say that I didn't know Starbucks was considered a "snack" and I could have used it there last trip instead of paying OOP. I also read that one snack credit can be used at a booth during F&W.

Overall, we considered keeping it and trying to make it work, but we are planning to cancel our dining plan, pay OOP for the meals we actually want without feeling "forced" to have appetizers and desserts if we don't want them, and buying F&W packages instead of only having a few samples each. In the end, it will probably save us money and we won't overeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter