Does anybody answer a call anymore if you dont who it is

Typically, no.

But I did have to answer the phone willy-nilly last week when we got a new furnace. The service guy calls from his cell when he is on his way, so I answered a few calls before he made the call. (fwiw, one was a political phone call, and the other was a stupid robo. Both with local area codes. You used to know robo because of the oddball location and area codes, not anymore.)

Does anybody answer a call anymore if you dont who it is

On my land line, we have nomorobo. Sometimes junk calls get through, but I hang up as soon as I realize it's junk.

On my cell, I only answer numbers that are in my phone.

Depends on what I have going on. Currently doing a refinance and getting calls from weird numbers related to it so I answer everything.

During a normal time? They get ignored on my personal phone.

usually not, but I’m job searching right now and so I’ve been at least answering local calls. Most of them are just calling me about my car’s extended warranty lol.

I know many people who do this and it annoys the heck out of me. People just don’t have the balls to answer the phone and either hang up or simply say no. What annoys me is I have called many times from a different phone and it was a semi emergency situation. The person on the other line simply wouldn’t answer because it was either a unknown number or they didn’t know the number. Then we ask why didn’t you answer the phone they respond all cute “ but I don’t answer my phone if I don’t know who it is.“. God forbid we are traveling and we need to call from a hospital in some other area code- we can only hope that person picks up.

It’s answer the question yes I answer every darn phone cal. There’s two possibilities: It’s somebody that wants/ needs to talk to me or it’s a call I don’t want so I put the phone down.

I was particularly happy to answer that unknown number a few weeks ago. It was my son calling from an “unknown “ phone as his cell phone battery had died. He would have been a looong time for me to pick him up.
Plus with all the online shopping I do I occasionally get a legit call From some global call center for The orders I have made.

Last edited:
I have a kid away at college. I answer most calls but not all of them. One time I answered and it was a Verizon scam. I posted a warning on Facebook and got all kinds of people telling me “I NEVER answer a call from someone I don’t know” as if they were lecturing me. Ok good for you. I had elderly parents and children. How do you know your child isn’t going to get sick or hurt and someone call you in their behalf? Now if it says United States I don’t answer. 😂

I do but no one else in my house does - you never know upon occasion it is important but often not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter