Does anybody answer a call anymore if you dont who it is

We haven't answered our home phone in years. Only keep it because it is free and I have a sentimental attachment to the number. I use my cell for all calls.

I do answer most calls on my cell. I also have an elderly parent and if a friend or hospital calls I do not want to miss the call.

My kids also borrow friends phone when their phone is not handy or dead.

We often have service people calling to state they are here or on their way.

It is very easy to hang up and block numbers.

I have a kid away at college. I answer most calls but not all of them. One time I answered and it was a Verizon scam. I posted a warning on Facebook and got all kinds of people telling me “I NEVER answer a call from someone I don’t know” as if they were lecturing me. Ok good for you. I had elderly parents and children. How do you know your child isn’t going to get sick or hurt and someone call you in their behalf? Now if it says United States I don’t answer. 😂
Same here. Elderly parents, kid away at school, another living out of town. I answer most calls but hang up quickly once I can tell what's up.

Generally no I don't. The only time I do is if I'm expecting a call from someone, or some company/organization.

Not usually......every call I would answer has a name associated with it, but sometimes, if bored, I will.
I have answered several lately and then ask myself, why I did it :rolleyes:

I've answered a few without thinking about it and got someone speaking Chinese on the other end. And I'm thinking, "I know better than to answer a call from a number I don't know."

I have a teenager and a college kid so yes. I’ve had instances where my kid has been out and their phone died so they use a friends phone. Then I save the friends number into my cell phone. We don’t have a land line. Well we do because of our triple play package but there’s no phone connected to it.

There are some unknown numbers I don’t answer because they come up on my cell phone as “potential scam.” Or it’s a variation of the same number that constantly calls but it’s a scam.

Usually not unless I’m expecting a call.

In all fairness, I also ignore a few calls from numbers I do know.

I do. I have two kids in school and will get calls from teachers on their personal cells or school district numbers other than the main office.

Yes especially now with virtual learning. DDs guidance counselor called my cell phone From her cell phone to speak to DD about switching some classes around. And if a teacher does call from their classroom phone it doesn’t come up as the main school number. The last 4 digits are different.

I do answer calls, but I have my own "screening" method.

In my experience, 99% of the scam calls I get are from my phone's area code. Fortunately, I live in a different area of the country but chose not to change my number so no one here has my area code. So anything that comes up as a 315 number (like my phone) gets ignored. They are always scams. Any calls that are from the local area code, I answer. They are usually doctor's offices or something school/kid related.

Cell phone? Rarely. If important, I figure the caller will leave a message.
Yesterday tho, I did have a doctor's appointment & he wants me to have another procedure so told me to be expecting a call from the other people to set up appointment. Sooo, later that day, cell rang & I answered thinking it may be them....nope....turned out to be that infamous expiring car warranty call that I've been hearing about, lol.

The service guy calls from his cell when he is on his way, s

This is something I've had happen quite a few times recently and the people are always very appreciative that I answered the phone because apparently most people do not and then they think the person isn't home. Our new house is hidden by trees and google maps also gives the location about 1/4 mile off. Any time we have something delivered, they get lost and have to call.

I have also twice recently had a delivery person from Amazon call me from my driveway confused about where they should put the package and whether it was okay to enter my fence. I work from home, so I answered the phone and then just walked out to meet them.

I almost have to.......:{

My mom is in a Memory care facility. If they need to call, most aides use their own phone. I've missed a call once I'm also nonchalant at listening to messages) and felt terrible about it.

For the most part, I don't take calls that I don't recognize the number. But that's changed a little with working from home. Some of my vendors have my cell phone (unfortunately), so I do tend to take more calls (and hang up on many) lately.

Nope. I have special ring tones for my honey (Elvis "Can't Help Falling in Love") and son (Jackson 5 "ABC"). If it's not them, I'll look at caller ID but usually don't answer even if it's one of my brother's or nieces, I let them go to voice mail. My family know this so usually send a text, which I will answer. I don't like talking on the phone.

Not usually. I have contacts saved for most people who would be calling related to work, so I know to answer those. If I'm expecting a delivery or service visit I will answer in case it's related. Other than that, leave a message or text me and I might call you back. If you don't leave a message I'll assume it was spam.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter