Do you tip the safelite auto glass installer?

LOL. I think you are "new" fashioned. I'm old fashioned. I was raised that you tip minimum wage workers who provide a service.

You tip all minimum wage workers? You tip fast food employees and grocery check out workers, etc? How do you know for sure who is making minimum wage and who isn't? At somewhere like McDonalds it would be hard to know if an assistant manager who made more than minimum wage was the one taking your order of it was a new hire that was just making minimum wage. Even with the Auto Glass installer example, how do you know that he is just making minimum wage? I would venture to guess that since it does take some level of skill to install those windshields, that they are probably making at least a little more than minimum wage to do it.

You tip all minimum wage workers? You tip fast food employees and grocery check out workers, etc? How do you know for sure who is making minimum wage and who isn't? At somewhere like McDonalds it would be hard to know if an assistant manager who made more than minimum wage was the one taking your order of it was a new hire that was just making minimum wage. Even with the Auto Glass installer example, how do you know that he is just making minimum wage? I would venture to guess that since it does take some level of skill to install those windshields, that they are probably making at least a little more than minimum wage to do it.

Remember , I am in California, with the cost of living here, employers just can't find workers if they only pay minimum wage.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacrame...midtown-sacramento-fast-food-outlet-cant.html

Remember , I am in California, with the cost of living here, employers just can't find workers if they only pay minimum wage.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacrame...midtown-sacramento-fast-food-outlet-cant.html

Out of curiosity, who DO you tip? I'm also in California (Orange County) and my profession's services are tipped a majority of the time (not typical at a chiropractor or physical therapist to tip your massage therapist). However, we are paid well over minimum wage. It's customary to tip 15-20% for a massage.

Out of curiosity, who DO you tip? I'm also in California (Orange County) and my profession's services are tipped a majority of the time (not typical at a chiropractor or physical therapist to tip your massage therapist). However, we are paid well over minimum wage. It's customary to tip 15-20% for a massage.
Minimum wage service folks. I tipped at the fast food restaurant at lunch today. Waiters, car valet, bell hop, coffee shop staff. Based on discussions here about tipping "mousekeeping" I did leave a tip for the housekeeper at the Grand Floridian when we were they last year, only time I have every tipped housekeeping in any hotel.
Masseuse I have no first hand experience with. We used to have one come to work every other week, and she charged $15 for 15 minutes, and in Googling I see $60 an hour is the average cost of a massage so that fee is in line.. Her business was coming to businesses, so she had no rent. He costs were her license, insurance ( I suspect) the mat she brought with her, and a $2.99 canister of Clorox wipes and gas to get there. I realize that while she was grossing $60 an hour, her net was lower, but well above the salary level I would ever consider tipping.

Minimum wage service folks. I tipped at the fast food restaurant at lunch today. Waiters, car valet, bell hop, coffee shop staff. Based on discussions here about tipping "mousekeeping" I did leave a tip for the housekeeper at the Grand Floridian when we were they last year, only time I have every tipped housekeeping in any hotel.
Masseuse I have no first hand experience with. We used to have one come to work every other week, and she charged $15 for 15 minutes, and in Googling I see $60 an hour is the average cost of a massage so that fee is in line.. Her business was coming to businesses, so she had no rent. He costs were her license, insurance ( I suspect) the mat she brought with her, and a $2.99 canister of Clorox wipes and gas to get there. I realize that while she was grossing $60 an hour, her net was lower, but well above the salary level I would ever consider tipping.

*Massage Therapist :thumbsup2

And I respect that. Often times independent contractors don't expect tips but it is quite customary for those employed by spas and massage chains etc. to receive tips.

Yes , I tipped him 20 bucks. The dealerships charge for the windshield was about 600. My deductible was 250.
I always tip for services I get. however I tip on performance not percentage. He washed all my windows and vacuumed my challenger as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter