Do you stay at the same resort each time?

JStiffler

Mouseketeer
Just curious to see who stays at the same resort each time and who changes it up and why?

I'm torn between going back to POR again or trying something new. (I'd hate to be disappointed) lol :-)

We are fans of splits stays! We try a new resort each time, but then we finish up the trip at Animal Kingdom Lodge. That way we get to try a new place, but we also get to end the trip somewhere we know we love! :thumbsup2

We started off always staying at POR, it was the thing we knew, then started venturing out, now it's our goal to stay at all the deluxe & mods. (Crossing off Boardwalk in feb!!!). It's a different vacation every time you go.

We go every year, and I like staying at different resorts, DH would live at the Boardwalk if he could.:rotfl2:

I like the split stays with DVC. Boardwalk area is great, but we stay at AKV at least part of our stay each visit.

Just curious to see who stays at the same resort each time and who changes it up and why?

I'm torn between going back to POR again or trying something new. (I'd hate to be disappointed) lol :-)

Take a look at my ticker. Stayed at most and now a DVC owner so a whole new group to try, highly recommend trying them all . Great things about each;)

We stayed at the Coronado for eight of our last nine trips prior to 2011 (the one stray was the Polynesian for our son's high school graduation trip). 2011 we found DVC and stayed there in 2011 and 2012. We did go back to the Coronado this month for a surprise trip for my DH's 60th birthday. But I think we are now in a "rut" of staying at the DVC resort where we rent points and it is cheaper than the moderate by a couple of hundred dollars.

Also, not all of the resorts interest me for one reason or another and so I choose not to try them. I've now tried all of the ones I have an interest in except for Beach Club and I get to stay there in June.

Our view is -how will you know if you like a resort or not if you've never stayed there? Try it and see. If we like a place we will eventually stay there again.

Although, to be truthfull, there are a couple of resorts who's theming just turn me right off.

BCV is my home resort so I stay there frequently but this year I've done 3 hotels - GF, YC and BWI.

So I prefer to try new.

We stayed at AKL our first visit and POR RR our second visit. I was seriously concerned about downgrading from deluxe to mod. We are still looking for a home our next trip will be To BC. really hoping to fall in love this time. Believe me we loved AKL & POR was too large for my liking. I'm so afraid this time around I will truly be spoiled this time around lol

We first stayed at the BC when we booked a Disney Cruise 20 years ago. That was the resort that came with the package. And we have stayed at an Epcot resort ever since, until deciding to try WL this February. I did have a short stay at the Polynesian when I ran the half marathon, but I really didn't like it as much as the BC.

The reason we stayed with the BC and other Epcot resorts was theme and location. The reason we are trying the WL is theme and location again. And it is the least expensive deluxe. We want to be closer to MK since our grandchildren will be on this trip, and we think the WL will be a great place to stay. I love the lodge theme.

I'm a Value girl and I always stay at Pop.

If I could afford Deluxe resorts, I think I would be at a different one every trip.

I like to try different things, so I've stayed at different resorts.

For our honeymoon, we were on a somewhat limited budget. DH used to be a teacher, which severely limited the times we could go. We chose spring break, which is a more expensive time for both flights and hotels. So we chose a moderate (POFQ) and stayed there for 6 nights.

For our next trip, we braved the heat and humidity of August in favor of less expensive hotels and chose to drive allllllll the way from Illinois to save on airfare so that we could spend 6 nights at the Yacht Club.

Last year, once again, we went over spring break. However, we had a 30% off PIN and only stayed 4 nights. So, although flights were still expensive, we were able to swing a room in the Contemporary Tower (Bay Lake side).

I will be turning 30 in January (yikes) and as previously mentioned, I live in Illinois where it is NOT warm in January. We are doing a 3 night long weekend in Disney. We are doing this as economical as possible. We found cheap flights and are staying at Pop.

We do hope to have children one day, and I think that resorts of choice when we take them will be AKL, CR (MK side), WL, or BC.

So as you can see, I do like variety. But I will say that where I stay is partially driven by my budget and situation at the time.

We have stayed at a different resort every time we have gone. Three out of the four have been resorts I would return to. Our upcoming trip we were set to stay AoA in a LM room because it was supposed to be just my son and I. My mother will be joining us now and probably spending quite a bit of time relaxing at the resort so I switched AKL tonight. :goodvibes

For now,yes, it's OKW.
This is because we book through the British site, and they have amazing offers at OKW or SSR. Since the rooms at OKW are larger we're staying there. We always go for at least 2 weeks, so you want a little space to move around.
If the British site stops having those stacked offers we will most likely stay offsite.

The only two resorts onsite we have stayed at are Fort Wilderness and Shades of Green. I would stay at Shades of Green as long as we are eligible because it is a great value for a beautiful property and the location is great.

We've only been twice and stayed at the Port Orleans resorts. As much as we love them, we decided to stay at AKL next year:banana:.

I've stayed at almost all of them, but I do have my favorites. I book based on what I want out of the trip. For example, I stay in the Epcot resorts area in December because it's close to two parks that do lots of holiday stuff. In September I typically book a studio villa in case of a storm. In hot weather I like resorts all in one building, but I don't mind separate buildings in the cooler months.

If you aren't sure if you will like a particular resort, try a split stay with a night or two at the new resort. You might just find a new favorite!

We were always staying at POR/POFQ. This time, just to be different, we did a split stay at Pop and ASMo. I was pleasantly surprised by all that Pop had to offer. ASMo, not so much - nice resort but gift shop and food court were small. I also liked Pop because AoA was just across the bridge and we could eat at their food court, too, and have completely different selections. As far as the boat to DTD from POR/POFQ, we always have our car with us at WDW, so driving to DTD went OK. I think next time I will do a full stay at Pop - it was that good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter