Do restaurants stay open later on EMH evenings?

Bedknobs/Broomsticks

Earning My Ears
We plan to go to MGM on Easter Sunday, in part because there is an EMH scheduled. I wanted a late PS for Hollywood & Vine but the PS CM said that the latest slot they had was 5:50pm because the restaurant would be closing at 6pm that night. What's up with that? MGM will be open until 2am but the restaurants are closing at 6pm?!

I got the same thing when I tried to book Rainforest Cafe at AK later that week on a EMH night there. I even specifically asked about EMH's and got no response. I'd assume based on this response that they do not stay open extra hours - only the parks amusements do.

Love to know the answer to this myself if anyone knows.

Usually a few restaurants (mainly counter service) stay open late, but not all of them. I doubt that any of the full service restaurants at MGM will be open late, but I don't know for sure. Maybe someone who has been there very recently will know.

I just returned last night and went to each of the Parks for EMH. Here's the restraurant breakdown. hope it helps.

DINING LOCATIONS:

MK:

Tony's
Cosmic rays
Liberty Tree Tavern
Pecos Bill Cafe

EPCOT:

Cantina de San Angel
Electric Umbrella
San Angel Inn

MGM:

Backlot express
Catalina Eddie's
50s PT Cafe
Rosie's All-Amer. Cafe
Sci-Fi Dine-In

AK:

Rainforest Cafe
Pizzafari
Restaurantosaurus

While at MGM, we ate at 50PT at 6:30 (park closed at 7:00), so when we were done, most non-resort folks were gone. Crowds were moderate to light.

MK will always be crowded no matter what, that's all I can say, not many walk ons

AK was wonderful. We did everything with very little wait to none.

EPCOT was crowded, but we didn't stay long. We stayed until Iluminations then hit the Mexico ride (and so did everyone else--wow).

I really liked the late hours and we got alot of stuff done. Bottom line, take a pair of scissors with you on your checked bags because taking those bands off every night got to be a pain.

AK was the strictest of all parks with managers standing at the entrance of sections (Dinoland) stopping anyone without a band from entering.

Another tip. If you see a long line to get your band, pass it. There are at least 3 locations where you can get "banded" and there are never lines there. We got to MGM and the line had about 30 people in it. We headed to R&R and there was no wait.

There were lots of managers taking surveys during the events, probably so that stores that are open can have their hours tweaked. (the candy store and most other stores were always open when we left each park).

I found the answer to my own question! Hollywood & Vine is extending its hours on Easter Sunday, which makes sense because MGM has EMH that evening. A CM at WDW-DINE just changed my my PS from 5:50pm to 7pm for Easter Sunday. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter